Facelift My new Audi S3 8V 2019 (GPF-equipped) - DSG FARTS ?

RaphCH

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum (best Audi forum!).

I would like to present you my new acquisition, it is an Audi S3 2019, unfortunately under WLTP (GPF).

Below, some pictures to introduce you to the beast:

20190630 105235 opt

20190630 105351 opt

IMG 20190304 WA0008 opt

IMG 20190304 WA0007 opt

SPEC :
- Full option (ACC, Pre Sense, sliding roof, Virtual cockpit, etc.)
- Black crystal penther

Modifications :
- I replaced the original grille with an RS type grille.
- Installation of a Rieger front blade

20190630 105424 opt

20190531 094222 opt

20190630 112438 opt

20190602 115224 opt

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should put a res delete so that it makes a little more noise than the original one (it's very shy, even in Sport mode). What do you think of that?

Do you think it will soon be possible to get a return from DSG fart?

Have a good day, friends!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leevr, OCDaveS4, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Very nice apart from the steering wheel on the wrong side :) and yes, get res delete!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Chris.D and RaphCH
And here are some pictures from today!

I bought this jewel at the beginning of March, I'm still as satisfied with it as ever! Just need a bit more noise when accelerating! Gimme some tips !!!!

Screenshot 20190630 211153 Instagram opt

Screenshot 20190630 205229 WhatsApp opt

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Nice car, welcome aboard :thumbs up:

Been in your city a couple of times, and loved it.

Reactions: RaphCH
Try a res delete it’s cheap so if it’s not loud enough you’re not out much $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My s3 in now 2 weeks old really love the car! She is now in the garage for a res delete. normally I have her back in max 3 days. If you want I will send you a soundclip.

Attachments

• 98AAFEB1-4EB2-49B9-A43F-558C7B23E208.JPG
    98AAFEB1-4EB2-49B9-A43F-558C7B23E208.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 579
My s3 in now 2 weeks old really love the car! She is now in the garage for a res delete. normally I have her back in max 3 days. If you want I will send you a soundclip.
Yeah, what a nice one! Yes, I'm really interested to hear that.

Which brand will you install?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah, what a nice one! Yes, I'm really interested to hear that.

Which brand will you install?

Thanks

oh no brand just custom made and I will let you know

I suggest you buy the BCS res delete, which has an anti drone modification...as I hate drone. Personally I have had many after market cat back systems but I think they all are a wee bit boy racer now....age has a bit to do with this and I do not need to draw attention to my car. A v6, straight six or V8 and the holy mother V12 sounds great but a 4 banger???

Reactions: OCDaveS4
I'm happy to say my dsg farts are back with the res delete!!! Sorry for bad quality video its filmed with phone

Reactions: KieranJ22 and RaphCH
Ooooh awesome! What a good news !

Have you got some pictures of the res delete? Let me tell you that I'll put in one asap!

Is that the only thing you've modified? It looks like you also have a cat-back!?

Ooooh awesome! What a good news !

Have you got some pictures of the res delete? Let me tell you that I'll put in one asap!

Is that the only thing you've modified? It looks like you also have a cat-back!?

Nope just a res delete!

Attachments

• IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 600
Yeeeeah !

Next week, I'll do the same ! What do you mean when you said "custom made" ?

Thanks

Yeeeeah !

Next week, I'll do the same ! What do you mean when you said "custom made" ?

Thanks

its just a pipe that's ordered on the internet but I don't think its from a brand. I'm not sure the dude in the garage ordered it.

Looks like some GPF S3's have DSG farts then, you can hear them before the res delete.

After owning a 2016 S3, going to a 2019 has ruined the S3 experience for me, even considering selling mine and buying a 2018 model

Looks like some GPF S3's have DSG farts then, you can hear them before the res delete.

After owning a 2016 S3, going to a 2019 has ruined the S3 experience for me, even considering selling mine and buying a 2018 model

You will lose a fortune i've already asked the question with my dealership a while back

I thought as much

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
This new standard (WLTP) is finally making a lot of people frustrated... But mve7 gives hope again with its video ! ;)

This new standard (WLTP) is finally making a lot of people frustrated... But mve7 gives hope again with its video ! ;)

Yep i'am a bit more optimistic after seeing mve7 car :yes:

you think thats a good reason to sell your 2018 model? Just wait bro there will come some aftermarket exhausts

Hi everyone,

The mechanic who installed the RS grille for me suggests that I install a res delete from REMUS.

What do you think? Any suggestion ?

I really want to make sure I have the DSG fart!

Hi everyone,

The mechanic who installed the RS grille for me suggests that I install a res delete from REMUS.

What do you think? Any suggestion ?

I really want to make sure I have the DSG fart!

I'am guessing there isn't much difference in res delete pipes from different companies as it is just
a straight through pipe correct me if i'am wrong

I'am guessing there isn't much difference in res delete pipes from different companies as it is just
a straight through pipe correct me if i'am wrong
yea indeed! I also think there isn't mutch difference its just a straight pipe. maybe the remus version has an extra part for no "drone" sounds on the highway

yea indeed! I also think there isn't mutch difference its just a straight pipe. maybe the remus version has an extra part for no "drone" sounds on the highway

Does your car only Dsg fart in dymanic or does it do it in normal drive mode also ?

If Remus, go with a resonated cat back...Reason, non resonated will be a wee bit boy racer in sound quality IMO. I personally run a BCS anti drone res delete, which to my ears is perfect on a 2017 S3. I fitted an Audi OEM res delete pipe first (only available in North America), which was junked after 2 weeks, it was drony, too boisterous and had awful overrun and start up sound.

Woops, I noticed that the system you propose utilises the factory resonator. That might be the ticket, but with a 2019 GPF exhaust may not sound great.

If Remus, go with a resonated cat back...Reason, non resonated will be a wee bit boy racer in sound quality IMO. I personally run a BCS anti drone res delete, which to my ears is perfect on a 2017 S3. I fitted an Audi OEM res delete pipe first (only available in North America), which was junked after 2 weeks, it was drony, too boisterous and had awful overrun and start up sound.

Thank you so much for your reply. Is this the one you installed?

https://www.powervalve.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=300_318_359_364&product_id=222

I live in Switzerland, is it possible to get it delivered?

Yes that is the one, and I presume so, they shipped mine to Canada..give Nige at Powervalve a call he is very helpful and that res delete is beautifully made.

If you get the res delete done put a drive by clip up so we can hear the sound difference :icon thumright:

Hello,

It's okay, I ordered the famous res delete antidrone...

1-1200x800.jpg

I'll make you a video to see the difference.

Now, I ordered in full covid-19, I hope the date indicated in the order form will be maintained.

I'll let you folks know.

Reactions: N.J.H and Mr Freeze
Hello,

It's okay, I ordered the famous res delete antidrone...

1-1200x800.jpg

I'll make you a video to see the difference.

Now, I ordered in full covid-19, I hope the date indicated in the order form will be maintained.

I'll let you folks know.

Look forward to hearing it :icon thumright:

Just a suggestion in individual mode set engine noise mode to comfort. That will remove most of the silly fake engine noise and let you hear the exhaust and engine as it should sound. If you wish, you can always select S mode to open the valves over the total rev range or leave in normal drive mode when the valves open at 3,300 RPM. I leave in normal D mode unless I am feeling for some spirited driving in S manual mode.

Hi everyone,

I have received the pipe from Powervalve last week. It was a good experience, this company is really profesionnal !

Therefore, I had it installed on my car and guess what... the difference is barely audible. No DSG fart at all...

So yes, indeed, the sound is slightly more castling than with the resonator, but I was still expecting a noticeable difference.

Anyway, I can guarantee that there is no drone like some people complain after installing a res delete.

Ah these new standards with GPF system, it kills the driving pleasure...

Hi everyone,

I have received the pipe from Powervalve last week. It was a good experience, this company is really profesionnal !

Therefore, I had it installed on my car and guess what... the difference is barely audible. No DSG fart at all...

So yes, indeed, the sound is slightly more castling than with the resonator, but I was still expecting a noticeable difference.

Anyway, I can guarantee that there is no drone like some people complain after installing a res delete.

Ah these new standards with GPF system, it kills the driving pleasure...

I take it you have done a run through the gears in dynamic mode ?