My new A5 Convertible...

AudiSport

Reaction score
Well, not mine yet. I’m currently on the train on route to pick it up - full of all the mixed feelings of excitement and nerves that it’s going to be a lemon. But, for now, let’s keep positive.

I was originally looking at S5s, but was worried about gearboxes and big bills, so I’ve opted for a 2011 2.0TFSI Quattro with the Steptronic box. I had a B7 A4 QT with this engine years ago and really enjoyed it - all be it with a REVO map!

The car has had the all important engine rebuild by Audi 2-years ago under warranty to replace the rings and associated parts to address the oil consumption, at a cost of 5k. It has full main dealer service history and 86k miles... Wish me luck!

Indeed! Reassuring that it’s had the engine rebuild AND that it has full service history. Hope it’s as good as it sounds.

Well, not mine yet. I’m currently on the train on route to pick it up - full of all the mixed feelings of excitement and nerves that it’s going to be a lemon. But, for now, let’s keep positive.

I was originally looking at S5s, but was worried about gearboxes and big bills, so I’ve opted for a 2011 2.0TFSI Quattro with the Steptronic box. I had a B7 A4 QT with this engine years ago and really enjoyed it - all be it with a REVO map!

The car has had the all important engine rebuild by Audi 2-years ago under warranty to replace the rings and associated parts to address the oil consumption, at a cost of 5k. It has full main dealer service history and 86k miles... Wish me luck!

How is the car going mate?