My new A4 Convertible (dolphin grey/red leather/red roof)- with pictures.

golf kid

Reaction score
I picked this up at the end of November but due to weather and work I havent been able to clean it and take some pics to post up.
It took me a while to find one with the grey and red combination, but it was definately worth the wait as the condition is absolutely amazing.
The pictures are a little poor as they were taken with an old point and snap camera and the light was starting to go - but you get the idea.

rearoverseatsbwandred2.jpg

sideonedit.jpg

rearedit.jpg

sideroofedit.jpg

insideedit.jpg

roofdownedit.jpg

roofedit.jpg

I picked up the wind deflector from Audi the other day, also have an ipod connector to fit and run to the arm rest. Plain black mats are also on order.

Looks very nice! (Thats the best colour ;))

I like the leather, but in honesty would prefer a black roof.

18' 5 spoke RS6's soon when I find a set of OEM ones. B7 rear lights also.
After that I think a B7 front end swap with black grill and plate infill.

Lovely Cab there.Loving the Red leather but not a fan of the Red roof.
Sounds like you ready to give the ol'wallet a bashing...Good lad!!

thats the colour I was waiting for, waited months and months, then a mint black one popped up so I snapped it up. love that grey n red leathers but not sure bout the red roof tbh

btw where did u get d ipod adaptor from n how much did u pay for it?

The ipod adaptor is an Audi one which I used to run in my Golf. I think they are about £80 to £100 new. I will post the part number up once I have it fitted and am sure it actually works.

In regard to the red roof, I think its a bit of a marmite thing. Personally I started out wanting a black roof, but having seen the red roof thought it was a bit different and quite distinctive - I love it now.
The fact it was a brand new acoustic roof also helped the decision process!

Hey Drewbee,

I'm currently looking to buy an A4 cab and I've decided I'm going to try and get a 3.0L Auto. Can you tell me about owning such a car - fuel / auto box etc etc.. I've always driven 1.8T manual variants! eeek!

In regard to the red roof, I think its a bit of a marmite thing. Personally I started out wanting a black roof, but having seen the red roof thought it was a bit different and quite distinctive - I love it now.
The fact it was a brand new acoustic roof also helped the decision process!
Thats the one mate but main thing is your happy fella!
a 2.5tdi aswell, remap im guessing. Lets hope we get some Sun this year.

I got to be honest - I really like the whole colour combo. I do like the red roof, the fact that you have the red leather to match is all good for me :)
I looked at one with red a red roof, red bodywork and red leather and that was a bit too much red!

Very nice mate. Love the colour, same colour im after

Summer update
OEM A4 S-line alloy wheels with Michelin Sport tyres.
Dension Ipod kit currently awaiting fitting to the arm rest
OEM plain black mats
B7 front bumper - decided against doing the conversion right now so up for sale.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

I will update later with some pictures of the car with the wheels, and how the dension kit looks installed in the arm rest.

Hi mate,

If you are stilooking to sell your new front bumper, it looks silver in photo or is it the light grey? Where are you located and how much would you like for it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Steve

looks really good ,dolphin grey best colour IMO , love the trim and the roof colour :thumbsup:, just needs the RS 6's
to finish !

I have the RS6's on and loving them. I was worried that the bigger whee might make it look a little high. I think the arch gap is pretty perfect bearing in mind no suspension modifications. I gave the roof a clean and waterproof with The Autoglym Cabriolet stuff and think it came up excellent.

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

I have the RS6's on and loving them. I was worried that the bigger whee might make it look a little high. I think the arch gap is pretty perfect bearing in mind no suspension modifications. I gave the roof a clean and waterproof with The Autoglym Cabriolet stuff and think it came up excellent.

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Hi mate the roof looks good, was it easy to do with the Autoglym kit, was one kit enough for the job?

It's pretty easy. The cleaner is straight forward just spray on and scrub with the sponge provided. The water proof sealer is a bit difficult to work with. It's best to do it on a dry roof so you can see where you've applied. Also do a section at a time. The issue is it running on windows or paint as it drys and goes wax'y. It's very hard to clean off. I masked the windows but if you have a big cloth to hand to soak up drips or runs you will be fine. It's excellent once done and water just beads on the surface.

One kit is fine. You definitely won't get away only using half.

Just done my roof, my hand is aching now from squeezing the trigger. Just waiting for it to dry now. The colour seemed to look better as it was cleaned, just gotta wait now to see what it looks like when its dried.