My New A4 Avant B9

On the MMI, if you connect your phone using bluetooth can you access all your music and playlists and select music or can you only play or pause what you've already got playing?

On the MMI, if you connect your phone using bluetooth can you access all your music and playlists and select music or can you only play or pause what you've already got playing?
Yes, will connect and you can get access to the files, I use an iPhone and it gives you options to choose files in playlist, artist, song and album format, similar to how it works on the iPhone. You can jump and choose another song without disrupting what you have playing. Hope this answers your question.

Must say though if you connect via Bluetooth the sound quality is appalling compared to connecting it to apple play.

I am not sure this is correct. If you plug your phone in via usb you get full access to playlists etc via the MMI likewise if you use carplay with the phone plugged in.

If you connect via bluetooth I think all you can do is skip forward and back.

I hope that's not the case because I can't be bothered to plug it in every time I get in the car + I always forget my phone when I do

I've got a tune2air Bluetooth steamer connected to the MMI in my B8 and I Bluetooth all my music from my iPhone with no degradation in the sound quality so I'm surprised that the streaming is so poor in the B9!!!

Audi use the A2DP bluetooth protocol for streaming music and this does not give full remote control of the phone from the head unit.
I was told by the salesman I would have to plug in to gain full control. Its the same in a MK7 Golf.
In the technology pack you get a 10GB drive you can load up music too which may be the best solution.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
A few pics from earlier was streaming via Bluetooth and had full control of the files etc. the same as when I had my iPod plugged in via the MMI on my B8.

Like I said the thing that lets it down is the sound quality/volume. Not checked to see if there is anything I can do to adjust the settings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 416
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 351
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 336
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 365
Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and A4B9
Does the virtual cockpit work with CarPlay or are the map, media and phone screens unavailable?

Does the virtual cockpit work with CarPlay or are the map, media and phone screens unavailable?
They both independent of each other the CarPlay is on the dash screen and the virtual cockpit displays the map, car info, phone info etc... The VC gives the basic info of the song playing at the top of the screen.

You can't access the media or phone menus in the dash screen when phone plugged in and using CarPlay, but you can go back to the main menu and choose all other items in the menu. So you can be listening to music in CarPlay and go back into the main screen with no affect on the music being played.

Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: A4B9
sounds a bit poorly executed, was never sold on CarPlay in the first place so I don't think I'll be using it. Had confirmation from my dealer that you do indeed have to provide your own sim :(

Yeah its not right! Especially with such a high cost for the Tech Pack and the fact all the brochures etc state that google maps and live updates come with the package. Not that you actually have to buy and insert your own sim card for these functions to work.

On a side note, I thought Car Play was really good in the demo I had. I connected my phone to it and used the map function on it that in turn was replicated on the central screen.

Like I said the brochure was worded ambiguously. It's a joke how Audi don't include data but BMW do

On a side note, I thought Car Play was really good in the demo I had. I connected my phone to it and used the map function on it that in turn was replicated on the central screen.
I'd want the map on the virtual cockpit and use the centre screen for media. having to have both on the centre screen for CarPlay makes the virtual cockpit useless IMO

I'd want the map on the virtual cockpit and use the centre screen for media. having to have both on the centre screen for CarPlay makes the virtual cockpit useless IMO
Yeah that's what I would probably do and use the central screen for the music etc and the virtual cockpit for the sat nav. I never had the Car Play come up on the virtual cockpit when I used it, so I don't think it happens all the time when you use the Car Play.

@Jimouk lovely looking car! If you don't mind me asking why did you go for a diesel with only 7.5 miles to work?

guess he likes the torque. A little blast here and there will keep the dpf true !

Ha ha no problem asking, my job means I travel about, so could be put anywhere in the north west, just so happens my current site until July is near home :)

Reactions: scotty76
Dealer was Manchester Audi, got a cracking deal when you take into account the negative equity I had in the B8. Most I got out of them freebie wise was a boot liner and half tank of fuel tho!

Care to share the nitty gritty details, deposit, monthlies etc, how much neg equity did you take into the deal?
Inquiring minds want to know. :welcoming:

So I picked my A4 today and wow! Loving it so far, can't wait go on my 300 mile drive up north tomorrow! I'll be sure to put some photos up after I get it detailed

I've got 2 questions, how do I get the cruise to set its speed based on the speed limits and where do I punch in the pairing code from My Audi for Audi Connect?

You can set the cruise to follow speed limits exactly or with tolerance using the MMI.
I can't remember where it was but I found it easy to locate.