My New A4 190 TDI S line

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Well after a 6 month wait, I finally picked up my new A4. As requested by myself, my car wasn't washed by the dealership and I took it back to detail it myself. (Please see my detailing thread regards this in the Detailing Section).

Last edited:
Reactions: Migwire, mister.c., Spooky and 8 others
Looks lovely, worth the wait !

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
We have twins my friend

Very nice!! Beware of the piano black trim

That would be fine in my car as no children are allowed ;-) Anyone care to post pictures of the piano black in more detail as when I do get around to ordering the car its one option I might look at...
@ScottishA4B9 , lovely car and one of the best colours...

It's a Unicorn I tell you, it's not real! :) Really pleased you finally have it @ScottishA4B9 . Look forward to a mini review once you get to know it.

@h1r4 its called Carpro Cquartz. It's an exterior paint sealant. If it seals paint and protects against scratches then it should do an equally good job on the piano black trim!

You can buy it from Slim's Detailing or Brotek.

Reactions: h1r4
@h1r4 its called Carpro Cquartz. It's an exterior paint sealant. If it seals paint and protects against scratches then it should do an equally good job on the piano black trim!

You can buy it from Slim's Detailing or Brotek.
Cheers mate! You still thinking of the dtuk box and pedal box?

I'm thinking of doing it. But not sure how the s tronic would handle 510nm of torque

Don't auto boxes normally have a stronger gearbox?

At the minute I'm finding the car has plenty of power although I've barely driven it yet so time will tell.

Stronger than a manual? Not so sure as a automatic can overheat because there is a temperature warning sensor...

wow nice one mate, cant wait till I get mine!

about the piano black trim, is there any autoglym product that could protect it?

Reactions: h1r4 and ScottishA4B9
Cheers mate! You still thinking of the dtuk box and pedal box?

I'm thinking of doing it. But not sure how the s tronic would handle 510nm of torque

I would defo do a tuning box and pedal box on ur engine!
I did this to my a3 8v 1.6tdi n it completely transformed it! I did a full ecu remap though Inc DSG remap and pedal box.. 0 60 is a shade over 7 seconds so that's quite a jump from wat it was first!
If I were u id remap the DSG right after u get the tuning box cause atleast that way u won't be going over the torque limit and u can reap the full benefits of the maps on it!‎
I'm not sure wat it is on the 190tdi but if the limit is 500nm ur so much better off remapping the DSG, I did mine via a OBD flash through jfa automotive. Costs around 400 n takes like 10 mins to install n oh my does it make a difference!
I test drove the 190tdi s tronic n I liked it a lot however it didn't have the same sharpness or crispness my mapped a3 had! So I can just imagine wat a beast the DSG remap would turn ur car into ;)
Defo worth considering :)
Syed‎

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and h1r4
@ScottishA4B9
Glad to see u finally got ur a4 mate :) I'm gonna have the same alloys as u Inc interior lights, tech n light pack plus privacy glass except mine will be mythos black
Are u still considering the bsp after? I think ur car colour blends in very well with the chrome! It would prob look even better with bsp but I think it looks just as good both ways!
I'm dreading how mine will look though lol cause I personally don't think mythos black n the chrome will go so wrapping the grill n sides will be a must for me when my car comes post august :)

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and h1r4
Yeah I'm probably either going to get the chrome wrapped or get the black optics grille. Would be good if a company brought out an RS4 style grille!

Reactions: scotty76 and h1r4
Well I've finally got around to posting up pics of my car after its full detail.

I'm loving the car so far but still getting to grips with all the options.

The 190 TDi is a fantastic engine. It is every bit as fast as my previous B8 211 tfsi but with even better mpg! I can't recommend this engine enough!

Reactions: ruairi83, cppp, hedgehog and 5 others
Well I've finally got around to posting up pics of my car after its full detail.

I'm loving the car so far but still getting to grips with all the options.

The 190 TDi is a fantastic engine. It is every bit as fast as my previous B8 211 tfsi but with even better mpg! I can't recommend this engine enough!
View attachment 94138 View attachment 94139 View attachment 94140 View attachment 94143 View attachment 94144 View attachment 94145 View attachment 94146 View attachment 94147 View attachment 94148 View attachment 94149 View attachment 94150
Looking really great Scottish, Daytona takes some beating (not bias), I envy your tech though....

Great looking car @ScottishA4B9 . Looking the 19" wheels. They really suit Daytona. Wish I'd of got them on mine now. The more I look at mine the smaller they seem to be.

Absolutely gorgeous, is that a hospital grounds by any chance?

Not hospital grounds. I've been in one of them buildings in the background and hospitals are a lot nicer haha

the black piano trim looks so much better than the silver, thank god I choose it :)

Well I took my car to the local wrappers and just waiting on a price back to get the window surrounds wrapped.

I'm then looking at getting the black optics grille and rear spoiler from Audi.

Reactions: scotty76
Well I took my car to the local wrappers and just waiting on a price back to get the window surrounds wrapped.

I'm then looking at getting the black optics grille and rear spoiler from Audi.
I'm going to attempt to plastidip mine tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on

@h1r4 It would be good to see what yours looks like.
I've done the grill so far and the vents at the bottom. Just need to peel around the edges and peel it off the rings and it'll be done

I plasti dipped my grille on my last A4 and it last for about 2-3 weeks before peeling. It doesn't adhere to the chrome trim very well!

So a review of my A4 to-date:

Gearbox
The gears are short, sharp and precise. A joy to use and I'm so glad I got it over the S tronic.

Engine
The 190 has plenty of power. Equal to my previous A4 2.0tfsi 211.
Very economical and great power delivery. Plenty of power for overtakes and some B road driving blasts.
Coupled to the manual gearbox it's a joy!

Audi Sound System
Great quality sound and was on a par with the B&O for quality although the B&O has more powerful Bass.

I found with the *** the odd random song would make the rear speakers sound like they are blown as if the bass was cranked right up! This has only happened on 1-2 songs however.

I love music and I'm more than happy with the ***.

Extended LED Interior Lights
These look amazing at night. Well worry ordering. Everybody comments in them when in the car at night.

19" 5 Spoke Titanium Alloys
The alloys look great. Way better than in the brochure. The recessed ridge in the alloys allows dirt to sit in them. Dirt sticks to the matte look paint on the wheels, even with a wheel seleant (DLUX) applied to them.
The design makes the wheels tricky to clean and access between the spokes is tricky.
They really suit the Daytona paint.
Hankook tyres are very grippy and quiet.

Matrix LED Headlights
These are AMAZING. They turn night into day and don't dazzle oncoming cars! Highly recommended!

Virtual Cockpit
Looks pretty and performs great. Showcases the B9's latest Tech.
I like the fact it can be easily customised to show you the details that you prefer.

Tech Pack
Brilliant system if not the most user friendly, even for a tech buff like me!
Google Maps function is brilliant however Google Street view does not work. Haven't even had the option to display it!
Haven't tried the music hard drive yet nor played with all the functions yet.
It plays DVD's when the car is stationary.
Unfortunately radio display doesn't show artist and song titles.
Voice command function doesn't understand anything I say! Although I'm Scottish, I don't have a strong accent and I pronounce my words very clearly but it won't have it! Siri function in Apple Car Play is nearly as bad but sometimes works.

Privacy Glass
Looks great with Daytona paint and would look better if the chrome window surround was gloss black as well. The acoustic glass makes the car the quietest car I have ever been in. Hands free calls in the car are clear and make the person on the other end think you are at home and not in a car!

Heated Seats
Nice a toasty. Not much else to say!

Hill Hold Assist
Does what it says on the tin!

Flat bottom steering wheel
Lovely to look at and touch. Sets the interior off nicely!

Reactions: scotty76, h1r4, cuke2u and 2 others
I plasti dipped my grille on my last A4 and it last for about 2-3 weeks before peeling. It doesn't adhere to the chrome trim very well!
I plastidipped my a3 8v grill it was fine for 8 months! The grill came out nicely! The window surrounds on the other hand was a proper b*tch!!! Didn't turn out as nicely going to give it another go... I didn't take pictures of the end product but I have one picture... black certainly does make it look better! ( sorry to hiJack your thread )

Will get better pictures tomorrow.

Reactions: cppp and ScottishA4B9
Good work, black though is like marmite and personally I think it makes the car look drab and like it needs a good clean. Plus you car is on it's side ;-)

Reactions: James_TDi
I would ideally like a Gloss Black grill or even better, an RS4 style mesh grille.

The black optics grille only has a gloss black surround with the rest matte black. And that option has been delayed AGAIN!!!

No aftermarket ones exist at the moment.

Well it's been a long time since I posted some pics up. Here are a few mods I've done:

Shortened number plates
Thumbnail IMG 7300
Thumbnail IMG 7303

Brake caliper decals
IMG 7127
IMG 7132

IMG 7134

Door Lights
IMG 7113
IMG 7115

Reactions: cuke2u and PhxViper
Really liking the Brake caliper decals.

Stupid question, but how are they done?
Just stick them on and then laquer them.
They do come in a straight line so I had to apply each letter seperately so that they followed the curvature of the caliper.

Reactions: PhxViper
Not sure about the number plates or the puddle lights, but then I guess its like marmite, but those brake calipers look really cool. Where did you get the stickers from and did you laquer the whole caliper?