Car finally arrived and here she is....

2.0Tdi CR Sport Sportback
Ice Silver
Adaptive Xenons and LED DRL
Bluetooth Prep Low
5 spoke design alloys
Luggage Pack
Non Smoking Pack

Absolutely love the car. Any comments all appreciated :)

picture.php

Last edited:
Very nice mate. Seeing all these nice sportback's makes me question whether I shouldn't have got the same .... it seems so well proportioned.

Chris

Cheers guys no plans as yet was considering RNS-E retrofit but thats about it for time being.

I cant believe the proportions of the sportback v hatchback. When i had a good look at it after i picked it up i was amazed at the differences. The doors are still a decent size, the rear leg room is good, the boot seems bigger (not checked dimensions), the whole feel just seems bigger. Probably my imagination but im glad i made the swap!

Best bit has to be the DRL....

picture.php

Seeing all these facelifted DRL headlamps makes me wish someone would come out with a PROPERLY MANUFACTURED set for those of us with older A3s to purchase. They look sexy! :slap:

Seeing all these facelifted DRL headlamps makes me wish someone would come out with a PROPERLY MANUFACTURED set for those of us with older A3s to purchase. They look sexy! :slap:
Here here! Me too...........

On or off, the car looks SWEET!!!

Have you used the headlamp washers yet mate? Not tried mine yet...

Hello mate

Not yet rarely use my windscreen washers really as i use rain x and screen seems fairly clean most times anyway...except winter when im sure it will have to be used!

Just been on a 200 mile trip since yesterday...highest mpg i got was 66.6.....after only 300 miles!

Used a 1/4 tank since i got it and showed 720 miles available when i filled up now thats efficient motoring!!!

What sort of mpg are you getting from your S3?

What'cha mate.

Got some of that in the garage to I'll top it up also! :thumbsup:

66????!!!!! Superb mate... I can only witness figures like that from the missus Peugeot 207 GT TDi....

Already on my second tank!! lol, Car came delivered with half a tank, tanked it before leaving the north and filled in again on Saturday morning. Done some 560'ish miles so far and the most I've averaged was 39.6 when driving south down the A1 with the cruise planted on 60. Sadly since those figured its now back down to 32 urban\combined although I imagine that will drop dramatically after covering a 1000 miles as I'm still running it in. 400 odd miles to go at a max speed of 60 and let the fun begin : )

I take you are running yours in too? Is so, how many miles are you going to cover?

Cheers Ashley

Love the DRL especially now the lights fading sooner theyre amazing!

Yeah sticking to 60 or thereabouts for 1000 miles....is a bit painful but it will soon get there im sure!

Hows the RNS-E?

I like the car and the colour!. I have a 2009 face-lift Sportback in Silver as well. Mine is an SE version but with optional 17" 16-spoke alloys. Originally the wheels came in a two-tone colour scheme which I was not over keen on so I had them recoated to the single silver colour. Like me I assume you went for the adaptive xenons option. I had xenons on my previous A3 and loved them and now you get the added bonus of the LED DRLs.

Mine has now done just over 7000 miles, 3000 of which was a holiday to Germany and Austria including some 120mph cruising on the German autobahns. I love the new common-rail diesel. It's so much quiter than any of my previous diesel A3s.

Enjoy your car.

Here is a picture of mine outside the hotel in Austria...

A09 178 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Dave

Yeah i love the LED DRL aswell. Like the wheels on the car and i think the sportback size suits the body size well. Yes i went for adaptive xenons v clever when cornering quickly....the engine as you say is superb v quiet and you have to drive it to believe its a diesel. I though my old 07 reg sport 2.0tdi wasnt bad for noise and mpg but this new engine is just a dream!

Yes I did. Very much. Some great driving in both Germany and Austria. I also visited the Frankfurt Motor Show on the way home. As the photo with the car in front of the hotel only shows one side of the hotel I've included a photo of the lake side..

A09 185 (Small).JPG

Some of the autobahns in Germany do get very busy. We travelled from Austria to the Mosel Vally in Germany on a Sunday, and whilst there are no lorries on the roads on Sundays in Germany, it was a nice day and a lot of Germans came out for the day. It was OK generally but when you come to any roadworks, and there do seem to be quite a lot on the autobahns these days, it can get very slow and busy.

Austria was much quieter with some lovely mountain roads. Pace is slower on the roads in Austria as most of them do not lend themselves to fast driving but at least I was getting 50+ to the gallon and enjoying the scenery

Overall a very enjoyable holiday.

I like the car and the colour!. I have a 2009 face-lift Sportback in Silver as well. Mine is an SE version but with optional 17" 16-spoke alloys. Originally the wheels came in a two-tone colour scheme which I was not over keen on so I had them recoated to the single silver colour. Like me I assume you went for the adaptive xenons option. I had xenons on my previous A3 and loved them and now you get the added bonus of the LED DRLs.

Mine has now done just over 7000 miles, 3000 of which was a holiday to Germany and Austria including some 120mph cruising on the German autobahns. I love the new common-rail diesel. It's so much quiter than any of my previous diesel A3s.

Enjoy your car.

Here is a picture of mine outside the hotel in Austria...

A09 178 (Small).JPG

Stunning. Just love Audi's looking sweet like this. I have the same wheels and think they are the best standard wheels, especially moving! Nice car mate

Nice pics everyone !

Agree with the comments re. the DRL LED's; think they are a nice addition to the S3 and bring the front of the S3 in line with the Audi brand.

Nice.

I must admit, I love all the facelift changes........apart from the mirrors :rolleyes:

Regarding the mirrors on an A3, I have just swapped my A3 for a MY2010 A4 and they have new slimmer mirrors fitted to them. I wonder if the A3 will follow suit. A good centimeter smaller in height and in width! Not a lot I know but every little helps :)

Sticking with the mirror theme ive been cleaning the car earlier and notice the back of the mirrors feel somewhat rough (outside housing mainly) up until it reaches the inner part (that you see when youre driving). Is it some kind of coating to prevent stone chips? Both mirrors are exactly the same....old one never had this kind of coating just wondered what other peoples were like

What don't you like about the mirrors?

They look like they should be on a Q7! They are massive dumbo ears and look out of proportion with the design of the rest of car. :yes: