My new A3 Sportback being built end June, ready July, should I wait to September?

karena

Registered User
Just been notified that my A3 (in METEOR GREY!!!!) will be ready earlier than I had thought. Is waiting for the new registration in September a good idea, value wise? I am not in a hurry for it...and had thought that I would sell my tt roadster in the spring (will be advertising easter time or sooner) and wait... patiently.
 

sub39h

Registered User
convertibles generally fetch more money leading up to summer than they do leading up to autumn.

in regards to the numberplate issue, with a new model looming i doubt it'll make much of a difference - the hit in depreciation from the model change is likely to dwarf that of it being on a slightly later plate.
 
Last edited:

karena

Registered User
Thank you sub29h, so when do you think I should put it in the autotrader? Not that many in at the moment. I thought if it went in end April or too early?
 

sub39h

Registered User
hmm it's a tough call. as much as you wanna get the timing right, you don't want to put it in when there's LOADS to choose from
 

Lee_R

Registered User
I want a TTR badly and i'm male, is that wrong?!

I think you should get your TTR sold asap as its a good time now. Also a dealer told me the value is only really affected in the march reg as thats the one with the obvious year designation "11"
 
Top