My Modifications so far...

Louis_Ové

Reaction score
So I joined Audi-Sport.net about 9 months ago just after I got my A4 S Line 2.0 TDI, have been meaning to post a new thread for every mod but just didn't get around to it, so here is what I have done so far, please excuse the bad quality pics, they were taken on my iPhone. Here it is when I bought it, luckily the RS wheels and huge tyres were on it before I bought it, had also been remapped to 209BHP :encouragement:

IMG 7882
IMG 7877

So the first thing I did was de badge the back...

IMG 2536

I then bought Black S Line badges and replaced the two side ones and the front :) I also put one above the glove box on the passenger side inside the car. (You will see that later on)
IMG 2582
IMG 2583
IMG 2584
IMG 2766

Then I decided to black out the front grill surround and the window trim that was currently Chrome, a lot of people have that problem with the white water marks that just do not come off, I looked up on all the forums how to get it off but no one had found a way :numbness:
Anyway I looked into all the different ways of blacking out the surrounds like Plastidip, re painting, wrapping etc. and I came to the conclusion the best way to do it was to get it wrapped by a professional. I found a place fairly local and they did the grill, window trim, boot trim, all the trim in the interior carbon fibre for £250 so I was happy with that.

IMG 2869
IMG 2765

Here is the interior pictures, sorry there is no before pics, but where all the carbon fibre wrap is there was a sort of chrome silver trim and it was all scratched by the previous owner.
IMG 2715
IMG 2714
IMG 2703

The next thing on my list was to change the front and back lights. Did a lot of looking about before I decided on the ones I wanted, I eventually went with the Smoked LED's from BM Town for the back. These were a lot more expensive then other smoked LED's you can get off other sites and eBay but none of them had a LED indicator as well like these did, looks a lot better then the other just because of that.
IMG 2979

Then for the front ones i went with the Starline ones from eBay, I did a lot of research into this because most the listing for these lights say LHD ONLY. Someone on here got them and they worked fine because he said they work for both, but I managed to find a reliable eBay store that had these for RHD so there was no risks.
IMG 2982

The rear lights were so simple to fit, the front ones took more effort because I had to remove the bumper (which is pretty simple once you know how to do it) The lights fitted fine and look amazing, my only criticism is the "DLR's" could be bit brighter as they aren't that noticeable in the day.
IMG 2967

Here is a closer look at the back ones, the other ones I was talking about just had an orange tinted separate bit for the indicators and a standard bulb used for them which I think didn't look great, so was happy to pay more to have the LED's.
IMG 2978
IMG 3031

I then smoked the side indicators, tried to buy LED ones that were already smoked but the ones I bought from eBay and BM Town were crap, didn't fit right and were just bad quality, so I just bought some lens tint spray off eBay and the outcome was great! (and far cheaper)
IMG 3176
IMG 3178
IMG 3180

Then was to give the front of my car a facelift I saw this post on Nicks Car Blog on how to change your B7 A4 S Line grill to an RS6 grill and it looked awesome ( http://nickscarblog.com/diy/how-to-fit-an-rs6-grille-on-a-b7-a4-s4-or-rs4-all-mesh-no-filler-plate)
Nick used a 2008 RS6 grill where the audi badge is the same size as his existing where as when I got this grill the Audi Badge was HUGE. This one I got off eBay was off a 2014 RS6! I was worried at first because I thought it would look odd but my gosh was I wrong, it looks amazing.
Anyway I followed Nicks guide and finally managed to fit it along with the Cupra R front splitter.
IMG 2787

Fitting the splitter was pretty easy but it is a two man job, as you can see you just position, mark it and screw it on using self tapping screws. I also painted mine Matt Black.
IMG 3898

Here is the final product, the grill was soooo hard to fit, me and my dad literally worked from 9 to 4 with no breaks at all just to fit the grill. It was a big risk as well as you have to cut your existing one out and glue this one in (proper DIY haha) Despite all the problems we ran into and how long it took it was so worth it. I also didn't put the filler plate on and cut out the little screw holes in the grill. Looks so much better without the number plate on. I have now bought a stick on one and put it on the bumper.
IMG 3911

Most recent thing I did was change the number plater lights to LED ones. Look a lot better !
IMG 4074

So there is all the mods i have done so far, next is to upgrade the main lights to HID's, then all of the performance mods to come! If you have any questions on the mods Im more then happy to help out. Also comment on what ya think of it :rapture:

Reactions: Whopper, THQuattro and DieselJake
Nice, car looks much newer with all those LED's. Just out of interest how long have you had the front and rear lights and how are they holding up as I have something similar on my B6 and the rears lasted around a year and a half but are now flickering (not sure if it's the resistors or cluster but that's going off topic a bit).

That grill looks great. :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Louis_Ové
Very nice I like all the small touches. Makes it different.

The only thing personally for me that lets it down is the tail pipes. Id either opt for cutting the pipes flush then putting some either black/chrome tailpipes. Or just cut further back and have the 2 pipes merged into 1 and have something in the likes of a oval exit. Just anything is better than the 2 pee shooters pointing downwards.

Otherwise great job

Very nice I like all the small touches. Makes it different.

The only thing personally for me that lets it down is the tail pipes. Id either opt for cutting the pipes flush then putting some either black/chrome tailpipes. Or just cut further back and have the 2 pipes merged into 1 and have something in the likes of a oval exit. Just anything is better than the 2 pee shooters pointing downwards.

Otherwise great job

Yeap I agree, I'm getting a whole new exhaust system. Custom made so I will make sure the tail pipes look good. Probably go for an single Oval exit like you said or a double oval exit like on the RS4 (then I'll have to cut the bumper) I'll see nearer the time :)

Nice, car looks much newer with all those LED's. Just out of interest how long have you had the front and rear lights and how are they holding up as I have something similar on my B6 and the rears lasted around a year and a half but are now flickering (not sure if it's the resistors or cluster but that's going off topic a bit).

Mine have been fine, I had a bit of trouble on the back ones at first with the left one switching on and off, but they are fine now. Both the front and rear aren't as good as the original ones in terms of quality most obviously but these look so much better. Hopefully they will last.. Thats unfortunate about yours, maybe it is the resistors, worth trying to get fixed instead of buying new ones again!

As an alternative you could always just buy a Audi b7 S4 rear valance rather hacking your bumber. Might not be the cheapest option but will definitely make it look alot more professional.

As an alternative you could always just buy a Audi b7 S4 rear valance rather hacking your bumber. Might not be the cheapest option but will definitely make it look alot more professional.

Great idea I'll definitely consider that. Thanks!

goods mods nice car too. Only thing im not to keen on is the grille, which is strange because I like the no plate look.
think it reminds me to much of that car insurance advert with the badly debadged audi!