Thats it, im not coming on here anymore haha, im going to be backrupt with you lot :) lol, i want a shiny new head and valve chain and BT haha.

Looks spot on paul, bet you cant wait to get that fitted and then the map tweaked to suit.

Cheers guys... I am sure I will stop when I have extracted the very last bit of power out of this setup.... maybe... lol

Actually, I have had an idea today which I might have a go at when I fit the head... I really want a SEM inlet mani... however they do cost a lot of money and the exchange rate is poo and I would rather spend the money on WMI at the moment....

However... As Mrs B's Lupo is currently undergoing surgery (tired K03 coming out... something special going in ;P) I had a look over the std inlet mani (the Lupo has the same one as the S3 atm) and I reckon I can mod this to open to a large port head with a bit of help and open the inlet to take a 70mm throttle body... while this won't be as good as a SEM, it will do me for the time being until I can save enough to get a SEM...

Watch this space :D

<tuffty/>

I'm going to make my own and try it on a flow bench

RMR do the extrusions for the plenum, runners and injector bosses etc... they used the same in their own mani which coincidently doesn't flow as well as the SEM... worth a punt though...

I know the idea I have for mine isn't going to be the best flow wise or power wise... I would definitely benefit from a larger plenum but money needs to be used on stuff other than the car for a bit really so it can wait and I'll look into the modding option for now... good luck with it though mate, seems you need a bit all things considered :(

<tuffty/>

I have just been doing exactly the same thing over the weekend, although I didnt replace anything with upgraded parts. Mine now looks just as clean as yours now.

Nathan

Just taken delivery of the latest bit of kit to end up in a box waiting to be fitted lol...

IMG00109-20100727-1409.jpg

R32 throttle body... 75mm over the std 60mm... will be looking at a way to get this on the std inlet mani for now :)

<tuffty/>

Less than 2 weeks to go till AITP, will the head be on by then?

no mate, no work planned now until after AITP dependant on work commitments (so I can book a couple of weeks off) and ramp availability...

<tuffty/>

Just taken delivery of the latest bit of kit to end up in a box waiting to be fitted lol...

IMG00109-20100727-1409.jpg

R32 throttle body... 75mm over the std 60mm... will be looking at a way to get this on the std inlet mani for now :)

<tuffty/>

Cable ties and a Kellogg's gasket..... Just says yes to me....

so what are the gains of this TB (or any larger TB) when used with the regular inlet manifold?
or you getting a bigger inlet?

£97+P&P at around £6 ish....
sounds about right :)

so what are the gains of this TB (or any larger TB) when used with the regular inlet manifold?
or you getting a bigger inlet?

None on a K04 but if your running a GT30 you will see a gain

As Andrew said, std K04 I wouldn't expect to see any gains as such... maybe on a hybrid like Speedy Steve's... maybe...

I am getting an adaptor made up to allow me to fit this to my std mani for now... I can't afford to buy a SEM yet but bought the TB ready for when I do... there are all sorts of stories of poor idling and stuff but an R32 TB was fitted to matt20vt's A3 and idled fine so I will give it a go and see what happens...

If I can persuade Bill to let me try I may see if I can rope in a willing victim (I mean volunteer... WELLY!!!) to do a dyno run on a std 60mm TB then fit the 75mm one and see what happens... who knows, it may do something worthwhile in which case I can get some more adaptors made for Bill to sell on... guessing this will benefit big turbo conversions and maybe hybrids more than stage 1 and 2 S3's/A3's but worth a punt at least...

Here are a few pics...

60mm and 75mm TB side by side...
20100727_IMG00111-20100727-2125.jpg

75mm TB on the std mani showing the difference...
20100727_IMG00115-20100727-2127.jpg

...for the adaptor I plan to taper from the 75mm down to either the 60mm hole or maybe 65 (ish) mm and port/blend the mani to the taper to open it up a little... while this may not help much its about the best I can expect realistically considering its the std mani and won't flow that well anyway...

Here is the inlet mani sat on the R32/75mm TB... the adaptor plate will follow the outline of the 75mm TB and be fixed using the 60mm TB mounting holes.. maybe.. yet to see if there is enough clearence...
20100727_IMG00117-20100727-2128.jpg

Now that I have got my car back from having the rain channel warranty work done I am not doing anything else other than clean her before AITP...

<tuffty/>

interresting...keep us posted about the TB results...keep thinking of us mates (owners with just a K04 lol)

Might aswell try it when i come down for WMI. I hope my wallet recovers soon what with new wheels and 2 new tyres its been an expensive month

Might aswell try it when i come down for WMI. I hope my wallet recovers soon what with new wheels and 2 new tyres its been an expensive month

What would be most interesting to see on your setup Steve is a higher flowing exhaust manifold. Hybrids are still restricted by that lump of gash Audi decided to install - a high flow cast mani would be a dyno test I would LOVE to see.

Me to but getting hold of one is a nightmare and Bill wont make me one:sob:

LOL, the problem being that it's not quite as simple as just 'making' one.

JBS's manifold has been in prototype testing for many months now to ensure it's longevity as well as performance. Also Sandip seems to have managed to blag one....

LOL, the problem being that it's not quite as simple as just 'making' one.

JBS's manifold has been in prototype testing for many months now to ensure it's longevity as well as performance. Also Sandip seems to have managed to blag one....

Try a few years, haha.

I got my APR mani today :D love it! might order a rs4 TB :D