1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

My minor modding thread

<tuffty/> Jul 29, 2009

1. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

I'm there most (make that all tbh) weekends

<tuffty/>

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Scullies

Scullies Registered User

I have never seen a hose clamp fitted with such precision :wub:

superkarl and A3-Lee like this.
  4. <tuffty/>

Shame about the crappy paint huh :)

<tuffty/>

5. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

I wouldn't say that! I'm using black wrinkle paint on everything in my engine bay so you can't see the defects :p

I'll pop down one weekend your there if you and bill are ok with it paul.

<tuffty/> likes this.
  6. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I think it looks awesome, don't be too hard on yourself it's the best looking engine bay I've seen, even with the microscopic blemishes

Steve

<tuffty/> likes this.
  7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

Looks Rubbish! :D

<tuffty/> likes this.
  8. <tuffty/>

Exactly :)

<tuffty/>

9. <tuffty/>

So... last night this happened!!...

[​IMG]

...and today after a quick call to the insurance company, this happened!!... Eeeeep!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would appear that my car has had a screen in the past but it was fitted rather badly and on taking the screen out it would appear that the paint was damaged and this was the result :(
    [​IMG]

The window fella was very professional and yes I was absolutely sh*tting myself... much to the amusement of Bill and the PFY (pimply faced youth)...

He primed the rusty bits up so hopefully should last a while now... just means I need to save for the respray sooner rather than later lol...

<tuffty/>

10. Clart

Clart Audi S3 Section Mod

OUCH!!!
    How will you be able to sleep at night knowing that brown **** is there with your OCD :(

11. <tuffty/>

It's fine... It's been painted... ;)

<tuffty/>

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

twas funny watching you like a cat on a hot tin roof.... window fitters worst nightmare, an anxious owner hovering. Top bloke tho was'nt he.. sound as a pound

S3-LINCS, Alex C, derek84 and 3 others like this.
  14. Rangie999

Rangie999 Registered User

Not a genuine screen though??

15. <tuffty/>

Not from Audi no but its a Pilkington glass one so one of the better ones out there

<tuffty/>

16. Clart

Should of filmed it LOL >.<

17. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User

Some primer on there and the PU should stick just right. Keep an eye on it Paul and park out of shade. PU dries quicker out of direct sunlight. Pilkington glass is good, it's what we use at work. Glass can be abit thinner than usual but the laminate in between the glass is of high quality.

<tuffty/> likes this.
  18. Gops

Something for our dearest Tuffty :p

19. <tuffty/>

609063d48a603e40335d9b5b5e583049.jpg

<tuffty/>

Gops and derek84 like this.
  20. Gops

21. Clart

Who da F is Nae Nae?

superkarl likes this.
  22. <tuffty/>

Yeah... I can really see him doing the stanky leg... :)

I think I might bring my clippers in next time you are down and tramline 'Watch Me' in your hair like fella off of that ****** song!!!... seeing as you like it so much ;)

<tuffty/>

Gops likes this.
  23. <tuffty/>

Seriously dude... do not ask!!... lol

<tuffty/>

24. Gops

You've been watching the video :stupid::smirk:

25. <tuffty/>

For analysis purposes... so I can best understand how to execute an effective retaliatory response... :)

<tuffty/>

Gops likes this.
  26. samurai

samurai Registered User

wow that is pretty bad, i guess somebody did unprofessional job befor, why didnt you take original windshield?

27. Rangie999

Rangie999 Registered User

How much thicker is the genuine screen compared to the aftermarket ones? I wonder if a more flexible screen would make much difference??

28. <tuffty/>

I wasn't offered an original windscreen and the make supplied was the same as the one already in there thats been in long before I bought the car...

No idea tbh...

<tuffty/>

29. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

Crikey! Over a month without an update, what's going on?!

I'll bump your thread up for you mate!

So I manage to blag a passenger ride in the Tuffty mobile! And what does almost 600 horses in an 8L feels like? It's like a sledge hammer that's what! The power delivery is just amazing! You are just pinned into the seat, and it just goes through 2nd/3rd/4th so quickly, you don't even know what happened? Surprisingly no little or no lag at all, and I did brace myself for the torque to come in lol. Amazing build and amazing power, yet so ordinary to look at. Job done mate!

t8ups, S3-LINCS, S3Alex and 2 others like this.
  30. scotty_24

scotty_24 Registered User

Pilkington is OEM VAG group choice for windscreens, amongst others Dura Salgglas etc etc so don't worry Tuffty

31. JonnyDerv

JonnyDerv Registered User

Didn't know Karl Pilkington made windscreens now

32. <tuffty/>

It's as shiny as his head :)

<tuffty/>

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. CazzaVR

CazzaVR Registered User

Nice to meet you the other day, Paul. Car looks great in the metal- must have a proper look in the engine bay next time I'm over 8)

35. <tuffty/>

You too dude... should have said, I would have given you the tour :)

<tuffty/>

36. CazzaVR

CazzaVR Registered User

Needed to get home, but will do next time for sure :)

37. waggawagga

waggawagga Registered User

Hi tuffty, are you going for a full-respray? Same colour? How much (roughly) are you expecting to pay?

38. <tuffty/>

Full respray, glass out etc, same colour... no idea on cost as yet, not looking into it until I have some cash put by for it

<tuffty/>

vivalacoulter likes this.
  39. mark_S3

mark_S3 Team Silver

I've been quoted £2000 for my respray... Same colour (LY7W).
    That's before I purchase new wings and another set of doors (rust damage).
    Won't be a complete full strip down respray though.

40. <tuffty/>

Nothing really to report other than I have finally sorted out the OE warning label for the chargepipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and to finish off, a subtle little oem plus plus sticker for the rear window :)
    [​IMG]

Big thanks to @Sam_ for producing an image I could use and our very own AITP Calvin and his new venture CC Designs (https://www.facebook.com/ccdesignvinyl) for producing the decals...

Will see how well it lasts in the heat but I have had a test piece of vinyl on there for a while and it appeared to survive so who knows :)

<tuffty/>

Sam_, Dubster5 and S3AMJ like this.
  41. Tom93

Tom93 Registered User

That bay is stunning!

<tuffty/> likes this.
  42. Gops

Tats bang on dude! Looks awesome!!

<tuffty/> likes this.
  43. <tuffty/>

While getting my car ready for ADI tomorrow I realised that I have owned the car now for 7 years... I was preparing a dyno graph of a comparison between my last dyno run to a completely standard AMK S3... made me think about how things have evolved over the past 7 years..

K04 (standard map) vs my GT35 setup...
    [​IMG]

...and a comparison of the engine bay from when I first got the car and today...
    [​IMG]

<tuffty/>

Vex182, Miguel_S#, Essflee and 14 others like this.