My latest Audi, an a4 b7 avant black edition quattro

James.c

Reaction score
Hi guys im new on here, I have recently part exchanged my b6 a4 saloon with a remapped pd130 engine for an a4 b7 avant 2.0tdi black edition quattro. I liked my b6 alot it had just done 170k and paintwork wasnt great and as the rear seats didn't fold down so i t hought I'd get an avant next!
The new a4 is a 57 with less than 100k so feels nice and tight, im loving the black interior roof and the electric sunroof. The engines totally different giving power at the top of the rev range compared to the low down torque of the 1.9.
My little list of things to do so far are...
I have already de badged the rear alittle and have a bung on its was to remove the wiper
Egr delete and dpf delete along with a map are certainly on the cards
The dashboard cup holder is broken so need one of those
No arm rest which I miss alot!
And the double din has been replaced with a cheap and nasty single din dab radio so I want an rns-e sat nav like my b6 had.
Later on I would like to upgrade bushes and possibly upgrade arb's for handling
And I also like the look of the 345mm front brakes from other models!
Heres a few pictures thanks for your time.

Welcome to the site James.

We can supply/fit an armrest aswell as an rns-e, please pm for prices :)

My old b6

My new b7 :)

Reactions: Jasesapphy, THQuattro, DieselJake and 2 others
Lovely looking motor mate, love the special editions with all the black bits, that's what sold it for me when I bought mine :grinning:

Reactions: James.c
Lovely car. Hope you enjoy it:) x

Haven't really done a lot yet need to sort this oil pump out first.
I have fixed the cup holder and swapped all the interior lights for led ones here's a picture of the interior, no arm rest and a dog sh**e dab single din, dying to get a symphony or rns-e.
Also cleaned my egr and as valve and put in a blank washer for the egr, also fitted my s2000 filter I had on my b6 loads more turbo noise. Il get a video n a few pics

Your car looks good, hope you enjoy it.
As someone who has been there and has the expensive t-shirt get your oil pump drive checked out ASAP.

^^ bang on mate very cheap bit of pot luck what colour you get needs cutting down a tad its abit of a tight fit but there good filters! No performance gain just nice to hear the spool

Black Avant with black pack makes me wonder if my Dolphin Grey was the best choice. Even better with the darker wheels. I'm envious.

I fitted the good old S2000 filter to my Golf 1.8T and the sounds were hilarious. A little much for me after a while but I may try it on my 2.0TFSI Quattro.

Mine was from EuroCarParts. White plastic, blue filter. A friend of mine got a genuine one - green filter. I've also seen red ones.

Cosworth also make one for the S2000 if people really want to splash out. From memory they're actually reasonably priced.

Last edited:
The first b7 I looked at was a dolphin grey it was gorgeous! But turned out he was lying and it wasn't a Quattro or I would have bought it! Yeah when it was on my b6 you couldn't really hear the filter because it was straight though can hear it a lot more in my stock b7!

Mine is an 05 so has chrome window trim, aluminium roof rails, grey and chrome grille, orange lenses in the headlights etc. The plan is to black-out all the chrome, paint a spare pair of roof rails black, get a new black pack grille (mine is broken in so many places), satin black pillar trims/rear window triangles, tints from B-pillar back and clear indicator headlights. I think I'll like it a lot more after that. I also want your design wheels (RS4/A6 Le-Mans/whatever else they're called).

I'll try my S2000 filter this week. Unlikely I'll keep it on but could be amusing.

Nice plans! My grill has a bracket snapped also might get the honeycomb rs4 one later on, Got that oil pump to sort then the dpf to get rid of before then though! Money pits!! You never learn though haha

RS4 honeycomb is my top choice but even with discount at my local dealer it still came in at over £500. If you can find a second hand one in good condition and a decent price, go for it (again I'll be envious (in a good way of course)).

The black pack grille and plate holder are around £250 all in, just for comparison.

Just like VW, Audi spot the commonly bought items from the parts departments and hike prices massively.

Yep, money pit is an accurate term. It's what I love doing though so I don't begrudge it at all. Right now I'm plowing all of my money into the weak parts of the 2.0TFSI - cam chain and tensioner (exhaust to intake), oil pump tensioner and chain, cam belt kit, coil packs, intake decoke, oil pickup pipe, PCV etc etc. I do all my own labour though so overall prices aren't too bad. Once all that is done, it's onto the cosmetic list.

View attachment 78927 Haven't really done a lot yet need to sort this oil pump out first.
I have fixed the cup holder and swapped all the interior lights for led ones here's a picture of the interior, no arm rest and a dog sh**e dab single din, dying to get a symphony or rns-e.
Also cleaned my egr and as valve and put in a blank washer for the egr, also fitted my s2000 filter I had on my b6 loads more turbo noise. Il get a video n a few pics

Nice ride!

Let me know if you sell the single din dab.

Unless you get a cheap RNS-E etc you might be better going aftermarket double din such as the Pioneer units. They blow the old Audi units out of the water mate.

Nice ride!

Let me know if you sell the single din dab.

Unless you get a cheap RNS-E etc you might be better going aftermarket double din such as the Pioneer units. They blow the old Audi units out of the water mate.

Ok mate will do, not too fussed about the rns-e had one in my b6 I wouldn't even mind an Audi symphony just want it to look standard and clean inside

Ok mate will do, not too fussed about the rns-e had one in my b6 I wouldn't even mind an Audi symphony just want it to look standard and clean inside

I have one here i took out of mine but i am keeping it when the drop sells it's going back in.

If you can get a good one used and cheap, then fair enough but when i wanted OEM it was not far off a new Kenwood double din.(which i went for).

Very nice B7! Basically just made up my mind up on what I'm doing next, my saloon comes with the chrome surrounds and trim and I hate it! Looks so much better all black.

Where did you pick up the S2000 air filter? I bought a K&N and while its meant to give better performance you can't hear it so might look into getting one like yours.

Very nice B7! Basically just made up my mind up on what I'm doing next, my saloon comes with the chrome surrounds and trim and I hate it! Looks so much better all black.

Where did you pick up the S2000 air filter? I bought a K&N and while its meant to give better performance you can't hear it so might look into getting one like yours.

i have bought this one off eBay £19.99 & free post
HONDA S2000 1999-2009 AP1 AP2 F20C NIPPON MICRO AIR FILTER | OEM MADE IN JAPAN

Last edited:
I got the exact same filter yesterday from Euro car parts and it was red to match my car for £13.50.
Screenshot 20160209 072538

Also I used this for my chrome trim delete.
Screenshot 20160209 073350
IMAG0772

Reactions: AlexA4Avant and Obnoxious Kids
Few little updates
Lcr splitter put on might adjust it yet not sure, also got a new set of matts.

But unfortunately I think a few short journeys and some very cold mornings have set this off! Going to see how it goes but will probably get it cut out and mapped in the next month or so, but haven't touched the oil pump yet so we will see!

Forgot to mention that the dpf light doesn't come on straight away and also when it does it doesn't drive any different doesn't go into limp mode or anything?

Few little updates
Lcr splitter put on might adjust it yet not sure, also got a new set of matts.
View attachment 80372
But unfortunately I think a few short journeys and some very cold mornings have set this off! Going to see how it goes but will probably get it cut out and mapped in the next month or so, but haven't touched the oil pump yet so we will see! View attachment 80373
Looks very smart mate, very smart indeed.

James mate, your car looks the nuts mate, you must be over the moon with it

Cheers mate yeah it is nice! Everybody has a wish list though! Once the oil pump and dpf are sorted I want some more powerful headlights and I'd love some bigger brakes to fill the alloys better!!

The car finally went into limp mode with the dpf and won't regen it's booked in for dpf delete and a remap on tuesday!

Managed to get the CD players language into English and figured out how to change it to red, in liking the dab stations so I think I might keep it! Put some new matts in and had a Hoover :)

Does anyone know if the 345mm front brakes fit under my 18" wheels? There's a pic of some s4 18"s I had them on my b6 the brakes look pretty snug behind there looks great!

Right guys as you may know Iv had my dpf cut out egr blocked and remapped. Feels great really impressed!
Got him to cap the torque at 320lb ft to be safe. Pulls really nice all the way through the revs and is more responsive with zero smoke! Because of the s2000 air filter it spools pretty loud now and some times it does that annoying pigeon/owl noise but il pretend I never heard it haha!
Certainly feel like I can enjoy the car a lot more.

Next up il do a full service and il oven cleaner the intake manifold then priority is the oil pump. After that I might get a front suspension kit swap a few bushes for power flex and hopefully get that 25mm rear arb that should keep me occupied for the rest of the year :)

A little video launch was poor, but my tuner hasn't got back to me with figures what do we all think? I'm going to guess 195-200?

My b6 was 181hp but louder and 2wd so
My car before that was a Toyota Corolla tsport 213hp 149lbft all stripped out with a bucket seat and very loud so I'm not sure if it doesn't feel fast because it's bigger, awd, quieter and smoother?

if you jumped into any tuned and stripped out car it may be fast and seem even faster still, but by the sheer nature of being stripped out, bucket seats , loud exhaust ,low rubber etc it will allways feel fast.
compared to a larger estate with better ride quality and low noise levels it may feel slow but that wont mean it is chap, a 2.0tfsi Quattro special eds is 0-60 in less than 7 secs, in standard tune, that's not slow by any means given the size and weight of the car, its all in the head chap, also it's very easy to get a lot of points on your liscence very quickly with these fast audi avants, well any fast audi for that matter.....

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean! Nicer to be in a quieter more refined beast though! I can just see my self hunting for abit more power in the years to come..
And I'm down to 3 points now so I'd like to keep it that way that's why the video was on a nice private road :)

He's just spoke to him he said 210hp and 70more nm so that's about 420nm. Might get it checked elsewhere at some point. It'l do for the time being.
The rest of the years mods now are oil pump rear arb (25mm) and maybe a Sachs sre clutch next year with a fmic ready for turbo options!

Not really bothered about ride height but I might do some bushes or the front link kit

Morning chaps I ordered the s2000 filter from ECP and luckily a red one has come through.

Now to fit it, do I remove the whole air box and land it in that space?

Also does it need clamping onto the maf or once pushed on does it hold on ok?

Thanks

Alright mate! Yeah remove the whole airbox and then unscrew the sensor off the airbox and it will just slot into that. I think I cut bout an inch of the filter so it got better and it just tucks under the air on pipes were there's like a rubber thing so it doesn't rub

I kept the first half of the cold intake just to direct it from the front and have made a little heat shield that sits were the airbox one did too

I kept the first half of the cold intake as per your pic mate. My previous was cracked so bought another but cracked that in fitting so had to get yet another. Do you have any pics of the heat shield you made? Thanks.

Forgot to mention that the dpf light doesn't come on straight away and also when it does it doesn't drive any different doesn't go into limp mode or anything?
I'd get the DPF sorted ASAP. Mine went and cost me a turbo!