My Install

Boydie said:
the KP2's are awesome and i would recommend them!

as far as i know they were a direct fit as i saw the standard blaupunk (spl) speakers come out and they are massive

i dont know what you mean about the standard depth ones - do you mean are the focals the same depth as standards? that im not sure but as said - i think they were a straight fit

if not im sure a small MDF ring would be easy to make up

as for the rear - ther standards are still there but they are only there for the phone as far as i know - i have to ask the guys exactly what they have done!

you do not need rear speakers if you have decent components up front and some rear fill like a sub - other than that you can upgrade your rear speakers if you dont have or want a sub - focal coaxils i would recommend

Thanks Boydie,

I should hope they were awesome at that price, I've looked them up to be around the £395 mark. Did you look at much else before deciding on the Focals?
I currently have the V2's in my BMW but they are only 5.25" so the bigger size alone should be a noticeable improvement? I'm not sure if I can justify nearly £400 for my speakers:faint:

i got mine for just under £330 - so you can haggle a bit

i didnt look at any other components - i went with the advice from several owners :D

Boydie said:
i got mine for just under £330 - so you can haggle a bit

i didnt look at any other components - i went with the advice from several owners :D

Good work mate, I will make a few calls around.I've still got to work out where to put my amps as I have a shallower floor than you with the 4wd.
I'm not keen on screwing them to the back of the seat backs again!

make a nice raised platform - just about 10mm higher than the amp

same sort of idea as mine - wont take up much room and would be neat and tidy :D

Could do it that way but want to keep as much of the boots as I can, until I get the car it's going to be difficult to work out what's what!
I take it your rear speakers are just disconnected then are they?

they are still connected but just for the phone as far as i know - i am going back to the Audio Shop this week for some final touches and a briefing

what you could do is get the side panels above the rear wheels reinforced and get a custom fibre glass holder for the amp with a perspex cover and some lighting - that would look sweet!

while not my cup of tea (it wud slow me down having that in the boot ) :ohmy: I can however appreciate good handy work and an impressive install :yes:

Nice work, i bet people can hear you coming 3 miles away :happy:

Boydie said:
they are still connected but just for the phone as far as i know - i am going back to the Audio Shop this week for some final touches and a briefing

what you could do is get the side panels above the rear wheels reinforced and get a custom fibre glass holder for the amp with a perspex cover and some lighting - that would look sweet!

Nice idea Boydie but to be honest I'm not really into the "show" element, it's more function that I'm bothered about and keeping as much space. I already have to put the multichanger,DAB box, Amps and a sub somewhere.I like the sound that the Sub gives me but the annoying box is always in the way and I feel it will be worse in the S£ as the boot is a bit smaller than my current BMW!

definately build them into the sides - you will not lose any boot space and plus, it will look neat and tidy so for those moments when someone asks you what system you have you can show them something classy instead of a random box with wires lying about!

thanks klauster! :D