my gearbox mount (with pics)

jeffers999

got boost
Reaction score
1111111.jpg
Hello guys yesterday i hit a bump in the road (i really enjoy paying road tax on all my cars) and since then my car was un driveable banging when changing gear even very softly, and the car was vibrating very very bad, so i thought here we go ££££, i put the car up on the ramp and noticed the the propshaft was touching the subframe and scraping (vibration), at first couldnt see why tho then dropped the car down and seen this..... my gear box mount snapped in half **** roads... eh
enginemount009111.jpg

holy moly!!! you need to get back to the road, take some pics. Then take your car to Audi and get them to diagnose the problem. Send all this to the local council and demand compensation.

It must have been big hole!

yea it was a fair size i couldnt avoid it it was all the way across the road pretty much and didnt see it till i was over it not good is it .....

god thats not very nice is it. any chance of that pm jeff cheers matt.

try and claim, I did for a wheel and got 800 quid :) claimed for audi 4 wheel alignment lololol and a new sportec wheel and tyre.

Hmm yes i think ill be taking some pics of the (crater) that caused this mess,, any one know how i go about claming other than me sending all my road tax back from all my cars and refusing to pay any more road tax untill i can afford the parts lol, cheers guys
matt yes mate ill sort out the pm,s later ok buddy

Hey jeffers boy that doesnt look good mate, ive got a friend who works for the council in ponty mate, so ill give her a ring tomorrow and see what we can do.....

You were only saying the other day that you dont even use your car that much.

nicklght said:
Hey jeffers boy that doesnt look good mate, ive got a friend who works for the council in ponty mate, so ill give her a ring tomorrow and see what we can do.....

You were only saying the other day that you dont even use your car that much.

Cheers mate that would be cool if you could call her for me :icon_thumright: ... i know i hardly use it trying to keep it all nice now but dont seem to be working lol..

fecking pot holes. Hope you get it sorted mate and take the council to the cleaners. Make sure you get 4 new wheels out of them too!

ive seen a couple of those mounts break before. you can get the cnc'd upgraded mount from vf engineering for under 200 us. its a tremendous upgrade over the stock unit.

The part is 40+vat to me trade, so not that bad should have it by tuesday **** no s3 for the weekend, looks like im driving the mrs 1.4 polo woohoo torque steer here i come lol,,,, cheers guys .

patrick swayze said:
ive seen a couple of those mounts break before. you can get the cnc'd upgraded mount from vf engineering for under 200 us. its a tremendous upgrade over the stock unit.

It should be for £200 as well. Whats the BHP gain??!!