My Future car plan (S/RS3)

Joe4842

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Some of the S3 guys will know me but not many of you RS guys!

Basically I have followed the S3 thread for around a year or so now as I was looking at getting a FL S3 on PCP around xmas time, however plans change and I ended up buying an ST200 ex demo car. (really due to my impatience of wanting to wait until I could afford an S3. So im now driving around in a remapped st200 at around 240 bhp (petty numbers to you guys but it is very fun and nippy considering how light it is too).

As you can tell I'm still nibbling at the hook of an Audi performance car still but I am currently left with the dilemma of S vs RS, I know I could easily remap an S3 to be quicker than the stock rs3 but that will still not give me the lovely 5 pot eargasm whenever I drive it. Im now thinking of giving it a year or so to save up some pound notes to trade in my car along with some cash to top up a deposit on either a FL s3 (second hand low mileage) or a 15/15 plate RS3. I imagine in a year or two these plated cars will maybe be worth 25/35k? correct me if wrong.

which will leave me in a nice position to just hire purchase one over 2/3 years. if you have any thoughts on my points let me know! im just trying to gauge what others think and use that to aid my decision!

Cheers

Joe

I forgot to ask if there will be much difference in depreciation between the S and RS too with the new RS being released shortly?

I forgot to ask if there will be much difference in depreciation between the S and RS too with the new RS being released shortly?

The new/FL RS3 is more expensive than the outgoing one was. As a current owner, I'm hoping this and the fact they are rare will mean residuals will hold up ok.

Reactions: Joe4842
I suspect you are right, plus hype around the RS3 launch will bring more exposure to this special little car, which should have a positive impact on demand.
Inevitably, people will look at the new car, spec it up, choke, and then look at a PFL 16 plate with all the trimmings and still save several £xxxx.
However, those looking for a sedan RS3 have no choice.