My first UK track day with the S3. Pics & Vids.

Lol no worries. Did he get it from Euro`s in the end? We never sell bolt downs anymore so yeah..If it was pushdown i have about 5 sets behind me lol.

Yeah the guy had a Mk2 golf with a BAM Engine but an AEB cylinder head. I had 8 coil packs for a BAM head with me! He managed to get 2 bolt downs from Euros so he was up and running by the end of the day. I shall be getting an AEB head soon so I will need to order up a couple of sets of bolt downs from yourself ;)

I found the same issues on my first track day,
My style was too on / off. A full fat S3 will always suffer with that style ,
I well and truely ****** my brake with that style.
Never made it change ends though !
Good work

yea, because as Glen said years ago, R32's front and rear don't change the balance at all, they just up it front and rear.

You need to go proportinally larger on the rear to dial out the understeer.

I can't comment on what sizes will work well, as my FWD platform is SO different, I run 22mm front and 32mm rear. I'd imagine on the 4wd chassis something like 21mm front and 21-23mm rear should change things a fair bit, considering the standard rear is only 14mm

I found the same issues on my first track day,
My style was too on / off. A full fat S3 will always suffer with that style ,
I well and truely ****** my brake with that style.
Never made it change ends though !
Good work

Yeah I'm the first to admit that my driving isn't the best ;)

I think it's good to have a little off every now and again, just to keep you awake :D

you dont need bolt downs dude, just use the rocker cover from your bam. mine doesnt have bolt downs :)

I'm thinking about something different to R32 as Tamer has R32 front and back and his is still quite understeery!
as prawn said, id never have got both r32 bars, it will be slightly stiffer than standard, but will give nothing in driving characteristics in terms of over/understeer. i bought just the rear. so i have a 19F/19R. feels good. balanced, no understeer unless im blatantly going into a corner too fast.

looks to me like you guys were driving reeaaallly aggressively. lots of lift off oversteer too.

my boss races semi professionally. and always tells me 'slow in, fast out. be smooth. it might seem slower, but i bet your times are lower'
i take his word for it given his experience.

its what i tried to do at castle combe. although my car was a boat (standard suspension), i never understeered, and my tires weren't destroyed at the edges.

If your braking in mid corner , the car is going to lean even more than usual.
If your accelerating in mid corner , this tends to bring the car back Into shape. Like last post said, all braking before the corner. Get a good angle through the corner and slowly start accelerating and full guns by time your at the e d if the corner. Not as must Fun, but better times and easier on the car wear.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to drive, I was just going far too quick for that bend on that lap.

The instructors all put out yellow cones to show where to start turning in which is very handy ;)