My first time! Isn't it always the best?

hamspeed

Reaction score
Wow! I was "surfing the web" earlier and read an article from some very, very un-educated person trying to stir up things, a bit. He was trying to initiate the idea that an "Audi is just a car trying to imitate a BMW". Now folks, usually I stay away from this kind of jibberish, but... I'm 54 years old. I've owned 5 Porsche, 7 Volvo, 2 Mercedes, a VW, and many U.S. cars, and I now drive an A6. This Audi is the best car I've ever driven, taking all aspects into consideration. I have looked at BMW's many times (as early as 1967) and have never, repeat n-e-v-e-r been impressed with them. I understand that there are those of you who care deeply about BMW. I respect that and don't wish to offend you. I just don't like BMW's... never have and never will. We all have our likes and dislikes. Currently, I'm attempting to sell my '79 930 so I can justify a RS6. If that tells you anything about me. I look at Auto Unions and the Audi's being produced today and I see Excellence. Something that even Porsche seems to be getting away from with their new "Pepper Truck". Anyway, I hope there are folks out there who feel the same as I about Audi.
I feel better now.
Hamspeed

Warren there seem to be a large number of people turning their backs on BMW right now. I can't understand this as I've always found the shapes rather cuddly in a teutonic sort of way - like a big blond in a lederhosen thong - and especially the new 5 series which excites me a lot because when I look at its rear end I see a Vectra. Now that is clever when you think about it. Two cars for the price of one.

[ QUOTE ]
Warren Hamilton said:
Well, I suppose you do make a point worth consideration! Please understand, however, I do hold BMW in high regard. It is a personal preference. I just feel about A6's as you do about 5's and Vectra's, I guess!
Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

It's rather quaint how you lovely Americans don't pick up on our nasty cynical British irony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

OkeeDokee. I'm back!
Sorry for not "picking-up on the nasty British irony", we colonists are a bit out of the main stream, you know.
Question: Vectra is like Edsal?

I second that.. BMW is a great car, but I can't really justify saying that they are better than Audi.. looking at history, Audi, the four ring, inspiration and dedication, how much stuff have they invented? With Audi, I can see where in R&D did my money went into, but BMW is just a rip.. more like a jack.. you know what the sad part is? They don't back their customer.. buddy of mine bought 2 bmw 5 series in one shot... both of them have nothing but problems... check out the A4 forum, one of my post has a link to a bimmer fan site, the guy that was posting there owned a M3.. he is now a porsche owner...