My first Ingolstadt-er...

Portmann

Reaction score
So I was only looking for a cheap runabout to tide me over as a 'stop-gap', and I have to admit whilst German metal is in my veins, I never considered that an Audi would tick the 'budget box' and meet my other criteria (mileage, condition, history, etc.). But then, a rare stroke of 'automotive luck', and all of a sudden, I am now the very proud, chuffed, and enthusiastic owner of an Audi A4 SE S Line 220!

So many plus points about this car, I can't begin to describe them in this initial introductory post. Needless to say, the photos do not do the condition (nor the previous 2 owners from new, justice). It hadn't been washed, polished, or detailed in these photos in fact! The car has been cherished from day one, the mileage is well below average, the history is superb, and it drives fantastically well.

As someone who is very much a 'car enthusiast', it didn't take long for me to embark on some subtle additions. A front centre armrest was ordered and I fitted that a few weeks ago, following a brilliant DIY guide from user 'M9RC'. A cruise control module arrived the other day and that's up next. I don't wish to meddle too much with what is a lovely example, but I have an eye on some subtle changes that I think will really help the car to reach its full potential. So watch this space. But for now, I wanted to say a big hello, and I look forward to living the 'Audi dream'!

IMG 5941 2
IMG 5955 3
IMG 5956 3

IMG 5971 3

IMG 5962 2

IMG 5968 2

IMG 5979 2

IMG 5981 2

IMG 5983 2

IMG 5985 2

IMG 5987

Snapseed

Reactions: Jcbmally
Welcome to audi-sport.net

So I was only looking for a cheap runabout to tide me over as a 'stop-gap', and I have to admit whilst German metal is in my veins, I never considered that an Audi would tick the 'budget box' and meet my other criteria (mileage, condition, history, etc.). But then, a rare stroke of 'automotive luck', and all of a sudden, I am now the very proud, chuffed, and enthusiastic owner of an Audi A4 SE S Line 220!

So many plus points about this car, I can't begin to describe them in this initial introductory post. Needless to say, the photos do not do the condition (nor the previous 2 owners from new, justice). It hadn't been washed, polished, or detailed in these photos in fact! The car has been cherished from day one, the mileage is well below average, the history is superb, and it drives fantastically well.

As someone who is very much a 'car enthusiast', it didn't take long for me to embark on some subtle additions. A front centre armrest was ordered and I fitted that a few weeks ago, following a brilliant DIY guide from user 'M9RC'. A cruise control module arrived the other day and that's up next. I don't wish to meddle too much with what is a lovely example, but I have an eye on some subtle changes that I think will really help the car to reach its full potential. So watch this space. But for now, I wanted to say a big hello, and I look forward to living the 'Audi dream'!

View attachment 244064View attachment 244065View attachment 244066

View attachment 244077

View attachment 244067
View attachment 244068

View attachment 244069

View attachment 244070

View attachment 244071

View attachment 244072

View attachment 244073

View attachment 244074
Welcome mate, tidy looking A4 :thumbs up:

It has been a while since my last update, since acquiring the car I've fitted a front centre armrest (as mentioned above), and a few weeks ago, the all important OEM cruise option was added with a little help from a friend and his workshop...

Up next is a service. I am debating taking it to a main dealer as I would like to have at least one Audi dealer stamp in there to kick off my ownership (the previous owner took it to independents for the past few services so the past Audi dealer history was some time ago now); but the costs are astronomical so I am open to recommendations for anywhere reliable, knowledgeable in Audi/VAG, and that provide high quality workmanship in the West Sussex area. Please send me a message if you know of anyone?

Mods please advise when this post should be moved over to Members rides rather than Welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_6280.jpg
    IMG_6280.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 34
  • cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Jcbmally and Sandra
Just start another thread in the relevant section when your ready.

Reactions: Jcbmally