my first audi

KevM3

Reaction score
right ive just bought (picking it up next week ) a T reg 1.8 T sport quattro this will be my main car ,i know nothing really about audis , BMW's yes ive had 15 of them im restoring an e30 m3 at the mo so the audi will be my main car , whats the pit falls of these cars , its not as involving to drive as a bm but the interior is far better quallity than e36 bmws , it needs new shocks for a start as its done 106k , a nice subtle set of lowering springs would be nice too, any recommendations ?

Hello there welcome to the forum and congrats on finding a T quattro!
I couldnt find any quattros nearby when I was buying my 1.8T
Hope you grow to love the Audi lol they do grow on you btw.

Hello, welcome :)

There are many options for the shocks you can get a full coilover set, or just replace with springs and new shocks depending how lonw you want to go.
The main runners are eibach, HR, KW, Witech and there are some others its all down to personal taste.

If your gona lower her, i'd suggest coilovers - I went just for spring/shocks on previous A4 and regreted it! Just my 2p worth but great car i love the 1.8tqs.

Welcome mate and congratulations on becoming an audi owner:icon_thumright:

cheers guys , i wont be picking it up till next week , gonna do the bilstein shox eibach springs set up like on my M3 , wheres the cheapest place to get these , also whats the general reliability like with these cars 4wd turbos etc

KevM3 said:
cheers guys , i wont be picking it up till next week , gonna do the bilstein shox eibach springs set up like on my M3 , wheres the cheapest place to get these , also whats the general reliability like with these cars 4wd turbos etc

hi m8, they're pretty good as long as they've been properly looked after (like any car), but all the audi's i've owned have suffered from Diverter Valves failing (these are only about 25 quid from the dealers) and MAF units seem to be a weak area.

Other than those, I have never had any other problems with my previous A4 1.8T's. Turbo's are pretty strong again aslong as they have not been ragged from cold etc. As for the Quattro system, i've never had a problem but others might know more.

My S4 however is a whole different story. Lets not go there just yet lol