My first Audi

Tictap

Reaction score
Had my S3 for a week now and loving every minute of it, came from a Mk7 Golf GTi Performance Pack which i loved but this is on a different level altogether.

Attachments

• IMG_2709.JPG
    IMG_2709.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_2722.JPG
    IMG_2722.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2723.JPG
    IMG_2723.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2724.JPG
    IMG_2724.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: V6_Man, BigBill, Pook and 6 others
Had my S3 for a week now and loving every minute of it, came from a Mk7 Golf GTi Performance Pack which i loved but this is on a different level altogether.
Great colour! What spec have you got and do you have any plans for the car?

Reactions: Tictap
Great colour! What spec have you got and do you have any plans for the car?
Thanks, its got the advanced tech pack with virtual cockpit, b&o sound system. My first liitle mod was to change the washer jets to fan spray which is a big improvement, a little more investigation needed for future mods.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thanks, its got the advanced tech pack with virtual cockpit, b&o sound system. My first liitle mod was to change the washer jets to fan spray which is a big improvement, a little more investigation needed for future mods.
Interesting I might do that on my PFL

I wasn’t keen on the B&O after coming from Bose but once setup correctly to my taste I’m happy. The sub box in the spare wheel is a massive advantage over Bose too

I wasn’t keen on the B&O after coming from Bose but once setup correctly to my taste I’m happy. The sub box in the spare wheel is a massive advantage over Bose too
I had Dynaudio in my golf but the b&o system is much much better and was a must on my list when looking for an S3.

Welcome mate!
Very nice looking example and stunning spot for the pics.
Look forward to following your experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lovely car and nice to see another saloon S3. I take it you didn't consider a Golf R then?

Welcome to ASN and love the S3. I’m also a big fan of the mk7 Golf GTI - VW got it so right with the mk7 shape.

What jets did you use then?

Welcome to ASN and love the S3. I’m also a big fan of the mk7 Golf GTI - VW got it so right with the mk7 shape.

What jets did you use then?
Cheers mate, yeah I loved the Golf and it had over £5k of factory extras on it which made it feel a bit more special to me. I used the jets from an Audi A6, got the part numbers from a previous post on this site And ordered them from an Audi dealer on eBay £22 for both.

Cheers mate, yeah I loved the Golf and it had over £5k of factory extras on it which made it feel a bit more special to me. I used the jets from an Audi A6, got the part numbers from a previous post on this site And ordered them from an Audi dealer on eBay £22 for both.
Do you still have the part number handy?

Congrats on the new car. I made the same move. Mk7 Golf GTI Performance to S3.

While the Golf was certainly the more entertaining drive it terms of chuck-a-bility, the S3 is overall the far superior car.

Congrats on the new car. I made the same move. Mk7 Golf GTI Performance to S3.

While the Golf was certainly the more entertaining drive it terms of chuck-a-bility, the S3 is overall the far superior car.
Thanks, yeah definitely agree with you on that one as much as i loved the Golf.

Why are these worthwhile? Are they straightforward to fit?

Will these fit a 2014 A3?
I wouldn't risk my life on it but most likely yes.
All seems to be the same thing. Fit my 2016 S3 and doubt the design was changed since 2014. Considering they are for the A6 and people fit VW Passat ones etc. Yeah..

Why are these worthwhile? Are they straightforward to fit?
Much better cleaning performance and a nice fan spray rather than the three jets, dead easy to fit, mine just pulled out by hand, one electrical connector for the heater and one hose, takes around 5 minutes for both. There's a youtube video showing installation.