My first Audi order!

kmanmx

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just ordered my first Audi. It's an A4 1.4TFSI S-Tronic in S-Line trim, with following options:

• Ibis White (not my first choice of color, but I didn't love any of the at cost colors either, so seemed pointless to to pay £645 for a color I wasn't overly in love with).
  • Rotor Grey seats
  • Tech Pack
  • Sound and Comfort Pack

Everything else is standard, such as the 18" rims and sports suspension. I'm coming from a SEAT Leon Cupra DSG. So, I am a little apprehensive of this 1.4 engine - almost half the power of my Cupra!. But i've had my fun in a hot hatch and I think i'm over the 'need for speed' now (anyway, I have a motorcycle license for that..), and so I think I am ready for something a little more refined and comfortable now. I mainly do town traffic driving with a short motorway stretch. The Cupra was obviously really flexible power wise, making short work of overtakes at pretty much any speed. But the vast majority of the time I am sat in traffic, using about 10hp to crawl along at a snails pace, and I would quite like that time to be more comfortable and quiet, and so hence the A4. I saw all the reviews about how quiet, refined and comfortable it is - and I absolutely loved the interior and tech package - the 8.3" MMI and digital dash look stellar. I am a bit of a speaker and headphone buff so the B&O will be hopefully be appreciated, though I have seen mixed reviews on it, but from what I can tell people largely do not have it configured correctly and probably haven't let it bed in for the few hundred hours it likely needs (as per most good speakers).

Anyway, can't wait to get the car, but the dealer has said it'll be June until delivery !! so it's going to be a very long 5 month wait, that's for sure...

Happy to join the Audi club (famous last words ? lol) :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jcbmally, AlnSaz, cuke2u and 3 others
Hello everyone.

Just ordered my first Audi. It's an A4 1.4TFSI S-Tronic in S-Line trim, with following options:

• Ibis White (not my first choice of color, but I didn't love any of the at cost colors either, so seemed pointless to to pay £645 for a color I wasn't overly in love with).
  • Rotor Grey seats
  • Tech Pack
  • Sound and Comfort Pack

Everything else is standard, such as the 18" rims and sports suspension. I'm coming from a SEAT Leon Cupra DSG. So, I am a little apprehensive of this 1.4 engine - almost half the power of my Cupra!. But i've had my fun in a hot hatch and I think i'm over the 'need for speed' now (anyway, I have a motorcycle license for that..), and so I think I am ready for something a little more refined and comfortable now. I mainly do town traffic driving with a short motorway stretch. The Cupra was obviously really flexible power wise, making short work of overtakes at pretty much any speed. But the vast majority of the time I am sat in traffic, using about 10hp to crawl along at a snails pace, and I would quite like that time to be more comfortable and quiet, and so hence the A4. I saw all the reviews about how quiet, refined and comfortable it is - and I absolutely loved the interior and tech package - the 8.3" MMI and digital dash look stellar. I am a bit of a speaker and headphone buff so the B&O will be hopefully be appreciated, though I have seen mixed reviews on it, but from what I can tell people largely do not have it configured correctly and probably haven't let it bed in for the few hundred hours it likely needs (as per most good speakers).

Anyway, can't wait to get the car, but the dealer has said it'll be June until delivery !! so it's going to be a very long 5 month wait, that's for sure...

Nice one. Welcome buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kmanmx
Hello everyone.

• Rotor Grey seats
  • Tech Pack
  • Sound and Comfort Pack

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Time will hopefully pass quickly. Plenty reading on here to keep you busy. Enjoy the forum :)

Hello everyone.

• Rotor Grey seats
  • Tech Pack
  • Sound and Comfort Pack

Welcome to the club, you will not be disappointed with the interior and the 1.4 is a sweet little engine surprisingly flexible...

Reactions: Jcbmally
Welcome!

All of us 1.4 owners on here have nothing bad at all to say about the engine. It might surprise you with its poke.

The interior really is fab and was my main reason for picking the A4 over a 3 series or similar.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Welcome!

All of us 1.4 owners on here have nothing bad at all to say about the engine. It WILL surprise you with its poke and refinement.

Reactions: NeilHD