My first Audi and my first estate. A little advice please.

A4AvantBlackEdition

Reaction score
So as my username suggests, I was looking at an A5 Sportback but the deals are much better on the A4 for the spec I want so I've decided on A4 Avant Black Edition. I just have a few questions for you guys.

I'm looking at the entry 1.4 tfsi engine as the lease deals are far better on this engine and it seems to get some good feedback. Anyone who has the 1.4 how are you finding the performance and MPG?

I'm not due to send my current vehicle back until 27th November. But was wondering what experience you guys have had in terms of delivery times. I'm thinking about ordering end of August for end of November delivery. Do you think this is long enough? It won't have any options.

The deal I've been offered is as follows. Do you think this is a good deal or do you think I could do better?

A4 avant black edition 1.4. Black.
24 month personal lease
10k miles per annum
Fully maintained.
£1420 in month 1
£237 per month

Thanks in advance guys. Looking forward to joining the Audi club after previously being in the BMW and Merc gang.

I would assume that the MPG would be pretty superior .... but what is it you are looking for in a car? What size engine are you coming from?

1.4 on a car that weighs that much doesn't sit well with me, I would assume that it would struggle if it had much weight in there (and that, after all, is most of the draw of an estate, no?)

Just had a lease email come through offering a Golf R estate for 180/month which i thought was a fantastic deal. alas I'm already on a lease with a S5 Sportback. (350/month in case you were wondering)

I've got two kids so need a reasonable size boot but also want a nice car.

I've currently got a 1.5 diesel. The car won't often be fully laden. Maybe 2 or three times a year. Mostly just the wife doing typical children things.

Specs on performance seem pretty good and it felt more than adequate on the test drive. Granted, it was only me and the girl from the dealer in the car but certainly didn't seem like a slouch.

No issues with 1.4 TFSI really nice to drive and pulls well, do not miss TDI now.

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
As you're looking at a standard spec, you might find the lease deals are on cars in stock, or quick wins.
I would suggest as you are looking at specific dates and leasing it, then its best to speak to the lease company as to when they can provide one, rather than looking into build slots.

As you're looking at a standard spec, you might find the lease deals are on cars in stock, or quick wins.
I would suggest as you are looking at specific dates and leasing it, then its best to speak to the lease company as to when they can provide one, rather than looking into build slots.

This is actually a quote I got from my current lease company but my local Audi dealer have surprisingly offered to match it, so it would be a factory order from Audi.

This is actually a quote I got from my current lease company but my local Audi dealer have surprisingly offered to match it, so it would be a factory order from Audi.
Even better, so the Audi dealer can better advise on build slots and when to order for your target date.