My Favourite Optional Extra

Zobware

Reaction score
Ok so have had the car a week now and wanted to let you know my favourite option I added is the Hill Hold Assist. It is by far the best hill hold I've ever used and it is actually the first one I've used that has had both uphill and downhill hold assist. For £65 it is a definite must IMHO.

On the other hand the beeping all the time when you open the doors are becoming very annoying though!

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbieWebs and ruairi83
I have been searching online how to disable via vcds and can't find it. Going to contact Ross tech to see of they can advise.

Maybe @NHN might know.

Is the ignition on message?

Is the ignition on message?

It's a new message on the 2013 on a4. "Turn off ignition before leaving car. Discharging battery." + "take keys out before leaving car" beeps a few times and is head melting.

My dad has a 2012 b8.5 and his doesn't do it.

Awh sounds annoying alright mate!.. I have ignition on message if you open the door and the car isn't running!.. But a simple tap of the reset button on the wiper stalk and it stops! :)

Reactions: scotty76, Zobware and ruairi83
I'll try the tap of the reset button to see if it works - if so you will have saved me going crazy every time I open the door!

Reactions: Point_Audi
I have hill-hold assist lite and it works very well too :)

I have hill-hold assist and think its fantastic. But I'm curious, how would you pull off on a hill without it? The electirc hand-brake is either on or off so would a car without hill-hold likely have excessive clutch ware?

EDIT: Actually I just googled it and I'm wrong. Hill assist works of the brake pedal, i've never tried it so I may still have it!

Last edited:
Reactions: hilly
Awh sounds annoying alright mate!.. I have ignition on message if you open the door and the car isn't running!.. But a simple tap of the reset button on the wiper stalk and it stops! :)

A press of the reset button works - no more annoying chimes if I open the door and press the reset button on the stalk - thanks for the advice

Reactions: Point_Audi
Lol, no problem at all mate glad to hear it worked for you also! Happy to have helped! :)

I retrofitted hill hold because the original owner of my car decided that the £65 was too much, despite the £12k worth of other options(!) I think it's great too. Though usually the power tailgate is my fav extra.

Though usually the power tailgate is my fav extra.

Can you stop the tail gate once it starts to open? I always wondered what happened if you pressed it by accident and were, say, backed right up against a wall.

Yes, press the button again or put your hand on it to stop. But if you park too close to a wall and open it, you're looking at a scratch. As long as you stop before the reverse parking beeping gets constant then you're fine. I'm half tempted to fit some padding to the wall just in case.

Reactions: scotty76