MY ESP LIGHT CAME ON THIS MORNING .

Digger1

Reaction score
My ESP, light came on this morning stayed on for about a mile or so, pulled up at some traffic lights, turned the ignition off, started it back up and all was well, drove about 5 mile after that and it hasn't come back on.

Just one of those things ?
Or is something on the way out £££ ?:sorry:

is the engine tick over ok, also any loss in power.. As you know coil pack's are common fault.

To be sure, you need to get it on vagcom.
My gfs A3 has a odd one, where if it wheel spins. The esp lights up, stays on and won't go out till you restart.

is the engine tick over ok, also any loss in power.. As you know coil pack's are common fault.

Thank's C, But that would make the engine managment light come on, Don't think it would effect the ESP, Plus it's not missing .

It can be odd what brings up what faults though. Even a brake light out can bring them up.

Thank's C, But that would make the engine managment light come on, Don't think it would effect the ESP, Plus it's not missing .

Sorry Dig i read the post to fast.. ESP that is a strange one.

My red one used to do it, came on for few minutes then dissapears. When I scanned, it came up clean.Probably happened 3-4 times in the 2yrs I had it. I wouldnt worry about it unless its coming on more frequent as I was told by a tech that for some reason you get the odd occasion where it does come on and when they checked a few out they couldnt find anything wrong but if its happening more and more frequent then to give it him and he'll check it out further.

My red one used to do it, came on for few minutes then dissapears. When I scanned, it came up clean.Probably happened 3-4 times in the 2yrs I had it. I wouldnt worry about it unless its coming on more frequent as I was told by a tech that for some reason you get the odd occasion where it does come on and when they checked a few out they couldnt find anything wrong but if its happening more and more frequent then to give it him and he'll check it out further.

Thanks, J7USS, I've been back out in it since, done about 6 miles , seems fine !!!

Yeah you'll forget about it mate, it might pop up again xmas time, its a strange one!!!