1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My e-tron is finally ready! - Trade-in conundrum

mckjerral Jun 23, 2015

1. mckjerral

mckjerral Member

So after nearly 7 months of waiting my car is in the UK and making it's way to Preston Audi for me to pick up.
    When I initially ordered I had a trade in agreed for my 57 A4 of £2000, which at the time was pretty low for the age/mileage, but I was assured that if I sold it privately then it wouldn't change anything I'd just need to put that extra £2k towards my purchase.

So the conundrum, my e-tron was due in March, and is now likely to come in July, when I come to upgrade in a few years I'm expecting that to adversely affect me to the tune of £1-2k as I'll be trying to shift one of the last 15s at the time 65s will be hitting 3 years.

Is it worth me pressing the dealership to increase what they're giving me on trade in to compensate me for that difference? Am I likely to have any success?

Or should I just push on with selling mine, which may leave me with an overlap with both cars?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. hmy7k

hmy7k Active Member Team Floret Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Why is a late 15 plate worth less than an early 15 plate, I don't understand your logic and I doubt the dealer will either.

You could always wait until the 65 plate in September.

4. mckjerral

mckjerral Member

Because it is, the age of a car is judged on it's plate date, not it's registration date, so a late 15 could be seen as being upto 6 months older than it is.
    I couldn't have waited until 65 without cancelling my order. I've just decided not to trade in and sell my own. I'm now in proud possession of my e-tron.