my dolphin grey s3

went down to see my rallye today, and started the tedious task of stripping the sealent from the inner wings. jesus christ wish i never started it.
but had to get it done. took me best part of 5 hours to get to the stage i got to

before, pretty bad pics tbh sorry guys

after

also picked these up from my mate last week
audi fat fives 18x8.5 not sure if there gonna go on the s3. trying to find pics to see what they will look like

also stripped and sanded curbbing from the 18" tt wheels

off down week so will take my decent camera and not a potato

I've seen your passat around on E38 mate and I must say I didn't expect you'd go for an 8l S3!

I'm stuck deciding whether to go for an S3 or B5 S4, stumbling across your Dolphin Grey example really isn't helping the matter! :(

Going to enjoy following your progress with this mate!

I've seen your passat around on E38 mate and I must say I didn't expect you'd go for an 8l S3!

I'm stuck deciding whether to go for an S3 or B5 S4, stumbling across your Dolphin Grey example really isn't helping the matter! :(

Going to enjoy following your progress with this mate!

ive always fancied a 8l s3, so when i saw this came up i took the gamble as its very good spec and best colour :yum:

but if i had to go about it again i would go down the s4 route. but glad ive scratched that itch now, just need to finish this and sell it and buy a s4 :scared2:

ok another day with the mistress, again another day of stress and back ache

better pics of last weeks wing sanded down etc

rhs wing before

after

also did the turrets, proper mission but needed to be done

also found this when i dropped the leg off, been missing a bolt off the carrier. i class myself as very lucky

Reactions: dusty and cammage08
picked wheels up from the powder coaters, hopefully have tyres on this weekend.

Reactions: s3dave
wheels all sorted, centre caps refurbed. these were goosed as there ally, so was pitted and flaking etc

but these are them now, took me ages to sort them out. but happy with the results

and with the wheels on the car, after a quick clean and wax.
should be getting top mounts and rear arms done next week aswell.

13199030675_e9ceac05cb_z.jpg

13199035975_c2b85e057f_z.jpg

Reactions: Trig0r, schwartza3, The Doctor and 2 others
Lovely motor....best colour for the 8L S3 :)

Good to see your a local member too! - check out the regional meets section:

Yorkshire & Humberside

We would love to see all your cars....and you of course! :)

Shaun

Reactions: bigray
One of my favourite S3's. Loved it on the S4 wheels but the TT wheels look equally as nice! Makes me want a Grey S3.

Out of curiousity, where'd you get the wheels done and work on the Rallye?

One of my favourite S3's. Loved it on the S4 wheels but the TT wheels look equally as nice! Makes me want a Grey S3.

Out of curiousity, where'd you get the wheels done and work on the Rallye?

rallye is at my mates bodyshop in barnsley called unique body and paint, he is s**t hot aswell.

and wheels are done by a company in bradford called cas coatings, £1 per inch ie 18" £18. o

rallye is at my mates bodyshop in barnsley called unique body and paint, he is s**t hot aswell.and wheels are done by a company in bradford called cas coatings, £1 per inch ie 18" £18. o
Nice one, I'll keep them in mind if I ever need anything doing.Ah, I've heard good things and bad things about CAS Coatings but never actually used them myself. Finish on them looks pretty good for the price though!

Nice one, I'll keep them in mind if I ever need anything doing.Ah, I've heard good things and bad things about CAS Coatings but never actually used them myself. Finish on them looks pretty good for the price though!

done alot of mt wheels cas, only did 1 ropey job on some barrels from split rims, but thats it.
so couldn't recommend them enough really

Just had my O.Z alloys done by them, top work and cheap...

yeah there good Steve, them light 1's you showed me ?
you're are in prime location were you're based aswell

This is my favourite colour choice! Looks great.

Are those xenons or just facelifted lights?

cheers bud, and factory fitted xenons

Drive past your car regularly (every day ) on Scott H*ll road .
hope you can get to some meets so we can scratch your brain.
Great to see the locals !

Drive past your car regularly (every day ) on Scott H*ll road .
hope you can get to some meets so we can scratch your brain.
Great to see the locals !

ah so you're very local then ?
and ill try but not done a meet in ages, but weather is getting better so its a good excuse.

also a little update got a vw sunglasses holder from a car somebody was breaking for free, but they're grey and audi never did them so i had to improvise to get it to fit in with the Audi's black interior.

before

primed/flatted

bought some sticky back black felt, and did a template from the previous felt stuff

all painted and the felt in place

painted the hinges tried to use the Audi 1's but they were slightly different, but used the screw flap covers

built up

and in the car

so in all it cost me £2.14 for the felt as i had the paint already. cant beat a good cheap mod ready for the summer aswell

Reactions: Gmac
just off scott hall road a three roundabouts and then a right ! :racer:

well had the tie arms fitted, and its very apparent why they need fitting.
so daves tie arms are worth there money and some. there such great mod.
here is the results from the camber.
i also had the front mounts and bearing replaced bat same time, they didn't need doing but since i was having all the tracking camber done etc
might aswell replace them now instead of later.

Reactions: ShaunS3 and s3dave
sourced a screwdriver from a local breakers yard, so now have a complete audi tool kit. and also modded it to take the wheel locking kit.

and also the car comes with the incorrect oil, that audi provided these with when new.

also found a sharan aerial in 1 of my box's of bits so fitted that aswell

well made some progress recently for both cars but ill update the s3 1st

firstly, the cup holder was chipped etc.

so prepped, primed and laquered, end result

and i had 1 side painted, but the other side was showing its age. and it had the standard audi supplied rust, which audi are proud to offer.

so i sanded, and dug the rust out of the gutter.

so started to take wing off, found this behind the drivers wing.
nice pile of damp muck.

on the floor.

stripped rest of the car.

sanding and prepped the new wing, and rear bumper, spoiler etc.

used the car as storage.

car filled, ready to be sanded and primed.

also didn't have much to do today, so i sanded down headlights again, and re polished them.

more to come this week, and got a nice update on the rallye. ill post when i collect some more bits this week

any ways cars back built up etc washed and waxed it tonight,
so here are a few pics

reflection + mk5 aerial

brand new s3 badge

brand new audi rings

rear end shot with reflection

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, The Doctor and Sam_
Awesome color. Just needs a new non kinked rear plate now :)

funny you say that i went to audi this morning and bought some. and got a free tax disc holder aswell :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Sam_
Do you still need to display a tax disc over there? I thought you didn't any more?

Sam, as of this October I think, the da disc will be phased out and not replaced,

Pity really as I like to get a receipt when I gave to pay for tax! ( angry face)

Same as here then. All online now. Makes the windscreen a bit tidier.

difference is you guys will probably do it right, dvla here will most likely make a shambles out of it :laugh:

Don't be silly. Australia is pretty backwards with most things. Too much to list. Basically, it costs at least $1k a year to own a car (rego, MOT equivalent, compulsory third party personal injury insurance) then you have to get insurance. Not cheap. The only good thing is how basic the MOT equivalent is. Basically check the brakes, the lights, tyres and that's about it. 5 minute job.

looked best with the s4 wheels imo, best colour too!-) i will give you my s3, my fireblade and my dog for that rallye!-) lol??

looked best with the s4 wheels imo, best colour too!-) i will give you my s3, my fireblade and my dog for that rallye!-) lol??

yeah i agree about the wheels, i might stick them back on but we will see

and what dog is it :eyebrows:

just a little update on the rallye

got a few bits back from the powder coaters, they been blasted and sanded etc

went with sating black, as i thought this be as close as oem i would get.

parts of the front subframe not bad for 25+ years old

and had them seam welded

brake cable brackets not the best but still original parts

then made an order with vw heritage, new track rod ends, new sub frame bolts etc

and the haldex conversion kit

Attachments

• DSC_9125_zps4ff57cc6.jpg
    DSC_9125_zps4ff57cc6.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 251

yeah i agree about the wheels, i might stick them back on but we will see

and what dog is it :eyebrows:

just a little update on the rallye

got a few bits back from the powder coaters, they been blasted and sanded etc

went with sating black, as i thought this be as close as oem i would get.

parts of the front subframe not bad for 25+ years old

and had them seam welded

brake cable brackets not the best but still original parts

then made an order with vw heritage, new track rod ends, new sub frame bolts etc

and the haldex conversion kit

and started with some polybush parts

****** hell, you go through wheels like they're going out of fashion! Looking forward to seeing them on though, never seen them before.

Making some good progress with this mate. I'm still yet to sell my A3 and look for an S3 :(

****** hell, you go through wheels like they're going out of fashion! Looking forward to seeing them on though, never seen them before.

Making some good progress with this mate. I'm still yet to sell my A3 and look for an S3 :(

:laugh: i know, worst thing is ive still got all my wheels :banghead:
a
and cheers not to most peoples tastes as its pretty much standard but its how i wanted it, with having the rallye as my modded car.

and get it sold man ha

Think it looked nice and clean on the S4's myself.

I'll sell mine, then you've just got to sell me this for around £4K ;)

Need some wheels myself not selling any or you dont know anywhere thats got a good set of OEM wheels?

Think it looked nice and clean on the S4's myself.

I'll sell mine, then you've just got to sell me this for around £4K ;)

i agree i looked so good on them. and i wish i could but car owes me way to much now :keule:

Need some wheels myself not selling any or you dont know anywhere thats got a good set of OEM wheels?

i would like to say yes but i cant seem to let go of my wheels, may sell the fat fives ?

also 1 of my rear calipers are sticking. so i thought about painted all of them.
then seen these forsale so i bought the full set gonna repaint them, but all the hard work of stripping them is done.

all brand new nipples seals etc etc

a little update on the rallye finally got the wheels sorted

so a recap

before

20121106_213028.jpg

during

8556816641_6b071dc5b2_z.jpg

and now

DSC_9276_zpse82f26b6.jpg

DSC_9274_zps3099315c.jpg

DSC_9260_zpse9881556.jpg

DSC_9259_zps84713c38.jpg

DSC_9258_zps180890d2.jpg

had the centre caps made from g23 engineering, and there anti theft bolt up from behind etc

and my pal painted the barrels for me at unique body and paint in barnsley, and that is the colour ive chosen for the rallye aswell

Reactions: Tom5190