My dolphin grey s line

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
nice and clean is that defo lava ? mine liiks more like black its really dark grey

sorry,i ment dolphin grey lol

thanks for the replys

as for plans,the first thing i need is a rear wiper,im getting water out but the actual arm wont sweep so i guess that points to a new unit (anyone got a idea on price?)

i dont intend throwing to much money at it but i always say that so maybe facelift rear lights,wheel spacers,black grill,remap,cat back and then maybe hit it with the lowering stick as and when funds allow lol

thanks for the comments

i changed the side and headlight bulbs for blue vision they do look alot whiter than in the pics and alot brighter compared to the standard bulbs,i think it maybe just the light in the pic that makes them look yellow

i did think about deleting the rear wiper but having owned a 8l in the past i remember in the winter the back end tends to get caked so im going to replace rather than delete

Has the suspension been changed as that looks to be riding too high for an S-line, perhaps even for a Sport!?

no its standard s line suspension

Looks too high to be an S-Line to me too, its higher than mine, especially on the rear arches

lol i assure you it is ill get some pics of it sitting on level ground if you really want.

what mileage have your cars done it may be that yours have actually dropped if they are high mileage cars?

Last edited:
It could be than it's had springs swapped - could be for an innocent reason because the springs are really hard to identify and many people don't realise the differences in the suspensions. It could be the a rear spring has snapped and two new ones put on it?

S-Line suspension just looks spot-on for a factory setup with the 18s (the front is lower and the back rides even lower on an S-Line than the front), not wanting to insult you but those looks like perhaps even SE (standard) springs particularly on the rear to me.

Last edited:
not sure where got that imfo from.the back does not sit lower than the front on a s line

If yours sits lower at the back your springs are shot mate

^ Mines only done 20,000 and got it from a main dealer a month a go, so doubt my springs are shot.
To be honest, that looks like my old A3 SE when i put the 18" S-Line alloys on it without lowering..
VehicleImage.axd

Last edited:
Take a look at any lowering kit for the A3 and the rear springs are lower to level the car out.Whoever told you the rear sits lover is talking **** mate and if yours does there is something wrong

Here is a standard s line

Audi-A3-S-Line-2-Litre-Turbo-S-Tronic-200BHP-Only-49k-Petrol-20110814110946.jpg

Rear sits higher or lower?

If you like i will get a pic on level ground just for you if you still have any doubts

Heres one i found earlier.Again same uneven ground but different angle.I think you get what im saying now,if not i will take one just for you on level ground and straight on rather that at a angle

various2011062.jpg

Thats cause your a joker.Do some research before coming out with ****.

What is this site coming to?

:crying: What happened to "Any comments/suggestions welcome" ???

I'm not the only person who thinks it...

If you come on talking **** what do you expect?

Who told you the backs sit lower on any A3? Like i say if yours is sitting lower,it needs looking at

If you want me to take a pic on level ground like the red S Line i posted, so you can see how they should really sit at the back on stock suspension i can

If you come on talking **** what do you expect?

Who told you the backs sit lower on any A3? Like i say if yours is sitting lower,it needs looking at

If you want me to take a pic on level ground like the red S Line i posted, so you can see how they should really sit at the back on stock suspension i can

I didn't say the back sits lower or whatever, someone else did. Also, someone else made the initial comment that it looks like you've got a car there with SE suspension, and all I did was agree - as did others.

Chill out.

afcjay, why are you getting all aggressive? You said "any comments/suggestions welcome". Perhaps you should have said "please only post compliments"?

I was thinking of my last S-Line Sportback, perhaps they use the same rear spring as the 3dr hence sit a little lower at the back. I've viewed and test-driven around 15 A3s so do have a good experience of them, but it is quite obvious that your car is riding high at the back for whatever reason.

This is how my Sportback S-Line rode (I would say my current sport sits a little low than yours, particularly again at the rear.);

1291114845_142740342_1-Pictures-of--2006-AUDI-A3-TDI-S-LINE-QUATTRO-SILVER-terruziua88yahoocouk-1291114845.jpg

audi-a3-sline.jpg

And a 3dr;

1170737-1.jpg

URL]

Last edited:
^ exactly, afcjay's car looks higher than all the S-Line and the Sport shown above.
Maybe afcjay has unknowingly bought a SE to S-Line conversion without the suspension set-up changed?

A13 ive just come to the conclusion your actually just a sheep to C-W so i wont bother wasting my breathe on you anymore mate sorry mate

C_W my 3dr s line sits the same as the red 3 door s-line you posted and the red 3dr s-line i posted

The pics of my car as i have already explained many times already is on uneven ground hence looking high at the rear but when i get time (and can actually be bothered),i will post a pic one level ground the same as both red 3dr s line just to keep any doubters minds at rest.

Until then,cheers

A13 ive just come to the conclusion your actually just a sheep to C-W so i wont bother wasting my breathe on you anymore mate sorry mate

What about Ash-b? ;)

It looks like it's on pretty level ground to me? and it looks very similar to ash-b's SE on 18s. If you're happy with it then that's all that matters I suppose.

c_w has posted, i better follow it up!
You asked for our comments, and we've said it looks too high. Sorry to have offended you. :kiss:
Have you actually checked the car's history to make sure it isn't an S-Line conversion gone wrong? :scared2: