My DIY guide for Retro fitting Puddle Lights

Robin,
would that 55 quid price including shipping be the same to post to ireland? only down the road really!

I haven't done a mod for two weeks now. I'm starting to get the DTs. Doing my lamin-x-ing on friday night so that should tide me over for a bit.

I did set the coding, my passenger coding changed from 48 to 120 to include the illumination.

I will have another go on Saturday, I may well remove the loom from the door so that I can investigate further without having to do it round the door skin.

I could see the MVB in VCDS that showed that the module had the illumination set to 100%.

Interesting that the OEM module is LED, does it have a resistor in-line or do they use 12v LEDs ?

Regards,

Paul

Reactions: ron burgandy
Interesting that the OEM module is LED, does it have a resistor in-line or do they use 12v LEDs ?

Regards,

Paul
They're the same red LEDs as the ones for all the other illumunation stuff.

There are two things here - ambient lighting for the door handles and illumination for them.

The ambient lighting is the red LEDs that feed off the same circuit as the window and wiper control LEDs. The illumination is a white standard bulb similar to the footwell lights, but might not be available on the A3.

I see that you had heated mirrors and automatic run enabled before changing your coding. Anyone know what the automatic run feature is?

Robin,
would that 55 quid price including shipping be the same to post to ireland? only down the road really!

I haven't done a mod for two weeks now. I'm starting to get the DTs. Doing my lamin-x-ing on friday night so that should tide me over for a bit.

you got pm

i am about to order some more connectors to make one more loom, is anyone interested in a kit before i place the order?

Robin - by the way, my parts arrived and its all sweet, thanks!

I havent had the chance to fit them yet as I havent had a spare 5 hours to do it lol

Hopefully maybe get something done this weekend but it looking doubtfull :(

looms have arrived and pretty muchh oem quality, thanks again robin :) just need a kindly person with vagcom near greenock/glasgow area ;)

cal

If you're still doing the full kits, could you PM me with your PayPal details please.

Hi Robin, I would be interested in a set of the looms and lights as well please. Does the £55 (if it still is that price) include both looms for the door lights and the footwell lights and all the lights aswell.

If your not too far from me would you do the vag com for a little extra and I will come and pick them up. Please PM me with details if you don't mind.

If you are able to do the vag com will it produce a fault without the lights fitted which will need clearing afterwards.

Cheers

Neil

Robin - finally got around to installing these well the footwell lights anyway (long story short - put package way in safe place and misses moved it & had to get vagcom ).
IF anyone has the doubts about the qualityof the kit or the instruction in this thread then dont - they are bang on.

Richard

Robin, I received the looms today cheers.

Will get ready to fitting them hopefully over the weekend.

Getting more familiar with Vag com now and just sorted my ch/lh lights

Neil

These kits are still available, if you are interested please pm me.

Currently making 2 sets of looms for members, if anyone else is interested please pm me as i am about to order more connectors.

Just an update on the looms as a few members are enquiring about them, i now only supply the looms with the plastic connectors for the lights and the correct pins. The pins etc are all a part of the loom so there is no work requied apart from having to solder one of the pins to a wire but this is not needed on cars with the newer door controller (post may 07ish i believe).

I don't supply the lights with the looms anymore.

Please pm me if you are interested or need any more details.

Got the puddle & warning lights done today. Just like the footwell, looms where very well made and look just like OEM, however, I did have an issue with the passenger side as the repair wire pins did not fit into the block. They has a little notch sticking out on the same side that the wiring block had a notch. Ended up grinding the pins, after which they fitted ok. Just a heads up Robin that you may need to check the repair wires for the newer models - mines a 57 plate sportback. All working fine now.

ah right thanks for that fizz, not had any problems with other owners with newer cars as a couple of guys have fitted them to 08MY cars. I wonder if being a sportback makes any difference.

i can now supply looms for sportbacks as well as the 3dr A3's so if anyone is interested please contact.

Also hopefully by the end of next weekend i'll be able to supply looms for the A4 as well.

Hi Robin Can Send Me 1 Of Your Kits Please. I now have Pay Pal. Many Thanks Colin] Welder. Does £55 Include Everything? U Said U Had Done Instructions.

Instructions are in his signature. Just click on the link. I purchased a set from him, very good quality.

The price he charged me was for the wiring only, you have to order the lights from Audi with the part numbers in his DIY post.

Not too difficult to do, I did it!!

Hi Robin Can Send Me 1 Of Your Kits Please. I now have Pay Pal. Many Thanks Colin] Welder. Does £55 Include Everything? U Said U Had Done Instructions.

I now only supply the loom and the plastic connectors.

The price for the 3 looms is £40.

All you need to order from Audi is the 4 white and 2 red lights, part numbers are in the beginnning of this thread. :)

got a spare set of looms for sale if anyone is interested.

Hello @all
I did yesterday the retrofit, everything worked like a charm

My problem is that i tried making my own looms for the back doors (got a Sportback) but now it doesnt seem to work.

I used pin 18 for live feed and 19 for earth in the front, but the same pins dont seem to work in the back.
Could someone check and tell me where the pins should connect?

I got a MY08 Sportback

Thanks!

Will be ordering some more connectors etc to make some looms up for a couple of members, if anyone is interested in some looms please pm me so i can order some more connectors.

Have just got round to fitting my footwell and door lights today to my 06 sportback, Everything went great and the looms that Robin made were spot on and OEM spec! Well done Robin, and thanks!!

Juts some notes that might help other people:

Footwell Lights

I found it hard to get the cable from the drivers side to the other side as the RNS-E was blocking the way. So I slid the RNS-E forward and just put my hand behind it and pulled the wire through to the other side, much easer!

Door Lights

On the sportback you don’t need to take off the silver/piano black trim to remove the door cards, only the small plastic piece by the door handle (the one with the locking switch init), then its just one bolt behind that, one at the bottom and one in the door pocket.

The door lights look fantastic, really good mod!

I've now pretty much fitted all of the ambient light kit apart from the door handle lights, you gonna do a kit for them Robin?:jump:

Cheers
Matt :racer:

Nath please let me know via this post how you get on with them, always up for feedback on these kits.

If anyone is interested i have one spare set made up ready for next day delivery!!!

By the way, I bought the lights and loom off robin but never got round to fitting them - I have all the bits ready to go so if anyone is interested in buying them from me, let me know as I already have them in the S3

hi Robin, would you have the Puddle lights and Footwell lights kit available for A4 b6 Sedan?

thanks
Sam

SC299 - i can only do kits for the doors not footwell, had issues fitting footwells to someone elses A4 and gave up as it was too difficult. The doors from what i remember are slightly different to the A3 ones, i think a couple of the wires are longer.

pm me if you are still interested.

Hi Robin, you got pm.

Sam
SC299 - i can only do kits for the doors not footwell, had issues fitting footwells to someone elses A4 and gave up as it was too difficult. The doors from what i remember are slightly different to the A3 ones, i think a couple of the wires are longer.

pm me if you are still interested.