1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

My DIY guide for Retro fitting Puddle Lights

RobinA3 Jul 19, 2008

1. e9_mustii

e9_mustii Active Member

No i can take it apart and rotate it but i cant be asked as when i initially bought then they where meant to say "S3" so they've sent me the wrong ones. They'll be sending me the correct ones at no extra cost so don't see the point in remove and taking apart to rotate lense as im just going to remove them and they'll gather dust somewhere

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DrSasso

DrSasso Active Member

Ahhhhh fair one :D

4. Muzzy

Muzzy New Member

Hi I’m trying to fit puddle lights into an A3 2014 version and have noticed 18 & 19 have no pins in the connector. Does anyone know how I should wire these up???

Attached Files:

5. e9_mustii

e9_mustii Active Member

Bro 18 and 19nisnfor facelift 2009-2013 if you in a 8v it may be different your in the wrong section of the forum, but if im.weong and it is a 8p the 18 and 19 where empty on mine to you just push them into the connecter 18 is + 19 is - if im not wrong

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

^^^ correct, 8V’s uses different pins.

7. martinivw

martinivw :)

Fitted mine today ........ bought the looms in 2010!! Lol

RobinA3 and DrSasso like this.
  8. Muzzy

Muzzy New Member

Pin 12 is the feed and 13 is Earth but u need to share the earth.

9. Panos_RR

Panos_RR New Member

I did mine as a weekend project last week in my A1 2014. I had to do some tests to find the right pin , I used the common pin between driver and passenger side . After switch on from VCDS i measured the voltage on the pins and the behavior with the door open and closed. Pin 16 is the one for mine, works perfect on with the status of the door (open closed) you still need to share the earth (pin 5) in my case at least.

10. John_A5

John_A5 Member

Hi guys

I am completely new to the audi scene and would like to add the warning lights and puddle lights to my A5. I'm confident with the wiring but not sure about the program side on VCDS.
    My question is why is this required? Surely as long as the lights get a earth and live feed they will just light up if we're "piggy backing" off existing loom?
    Apologies for my lack of knowledge around this

John

11. John_A5

John_A5 Member

Hi guys

I am completely new to the world of Audis and VCDS. I would love to install the warning lights and puddle lights to my A5. Think I'm okay with the wiring but not to sure on the programming side. Can I ask why coding is required? Surely if you're just "piggy backing" off an existing power and earth feed then it will work?
    Sorry for the lack of knowledge here

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. John_A5

John_A5 Member

Hi guys

I am completely new to the world of Audis and VCDS. I would love to install the warning lights and puddle lights to my A5. Think I'm okay with the wiring but not to sure on the programming side. Can I ask why coding is required? Surely if you're just "piggy backing" off an existing power and earth feed then it will work?

14. John_A5

John_A5 Member

Hi guys

15. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

You’re not piggy backing off an existing power supply, the puddle lights get supply off a certain pin on the door controller and the door controller needs to be coded so that it gives that particular pin 12v.