My day is getting worse!! Cd error service...?

DJ-S3

Reaction score
Right I'm assuming I'll need vcd's to sort this? Or is a remove and dismantle job?

Bassically as I was driving home my cd started skipping and then just stopped. When I tried to eject it is goes bong, cd error service. So I can't even eject the damn thing!!

Bonnet latch and now this. I reckon it's because my other half has just bought a brand new car and its feeling sorry for its self. Lol.

Any help on the matter will be much appreciated. Audi S3 8P 56plate concert system with Bose.

Thanks Dom

Mine does this a lot, usually just skipping to the next track fixes it

It won't let me onto the cd anymore. So can't even skip a track...

Mine did this also. Just bought an adaptor so use USB stick now

Not a good sign, if you cant resolve, I have the ipod module that goes in place of cd changer connection available.

I have a double din genuine audi 6 disk stereo out of an a4 sline going very cheap if interested

Anyone know of a reset function ?

On the Porshe CDR-23 (made by Becker) you could press and hold the TP, 1 and 4 radio presets for a few seconds and it would reset. I used to get similar issues with my CDR-23 - Porsche replaced a load under warranty only for units to be returned to the factory and found to work perfectly when reconnected - they then issued a service bulletin telling dealers not to replace head units.

I've got a iPod connector in my glovebox. I was hoping there'd be some way to reset it if I'm honest. Disconnecting the battery was a though but about 2hours earlier I tried opening my bonnet and it wouldn't. 2things in one day, and I'm awfully worried that bad things usually come in 3s!

If I manage to get the bonnet open and disconnect the battery it won't lose my mileage or remap or anything will it?

If your revo mapped you may lose your settings, mine did this when they fitted my clutch last week, went back to 1-0-0 which is stock mode, I noticed straight away because when I dropped it off it was in valet mode, unless they have an sps but I can't see why they would intentionally alter my settings without telling me

Funnily enough after I left it all night it's decided to work again. Which is funny because when it happened I turned the engine off and pulled the key out and it still didn't work. Strange. I wouldn't be able to disconnect the battery as I can't open the bonnet... Due to the bonnet release not working. That will hopefully be resolved tomorrow night by my friendly panel beater. I hope...

Depends where its snapped, but remove the drivers wheel, arch liner & see if you can reach up into cavity to grab the cable, otherwise maybe need to drop the rad fans & reach up to lock from below or through the grill somehow, real pita job tbh.

Good luck getting discs out with tweezers, that IMHO isn't going to happen if the carriers locked them into position.

Depends where its snapped, but remove the drivers wheel, arch liner & see if you can reach up into cavity to grab the cable, otherwise maybe need to drop the rad fans & reach up to lock from below or through the grill somehow, real pita job tbh.

Good luck getting discs out with tweezers, that IMHO isn't going to happen if the carriers locked them into position.

Cheers Nigel, but of a legend at this stuff!

Dont need to get cd out, all is working fine with it now.

Just the standard audi ipod interface that uses the changer connection, I have 2 actually.

Would this work with a Concert 2 single DIN without CD changer or does it have to have the changer to work?

You'd need to buy the loom for it & of course have the glovebox for changer to slot into, have got the glovebox aswell.

You'd need to buy the loom for it & of course have the glovebox for changer to slot into, have got the glovebox aswell.

Why would I need to have the glovebox that the changer can fit into? My glovebox has a shelf with two compartments on it

Because the ipod interface module sits in the same socket as a changer would, which is a specific glovebox version, wont fit the standard glovebox.

Because the ipod interface module sits in the same socket as a changer would, which is a specific glovebox version, wont fit the standard glovebox.

Ah I see, how much would this little modification cost Nigel? I need iPod connectivity and was looking into a few things mainly the Dension

Dension is probably easiest option costwise.