My cousin just had his TTS revo'ed!!!

willz17

Reaction score
Hi all my cousin just had his TTS revo remapped stage 1 with stage 1 dsg map aswell costing £800 with the winter sale.

The car made only 280bhp is this normal? I thought stage 1 would atleast give approximately 300bhp and with the gearbox dsg map aswell I would of thought around 310bhp?

I drive a s3 8p2 and mine made 300 after stage1.

Any ideas?

On a strange note the car also only made 240 before the map was loaded so the increase is about 40bhp.

The car was mapped by GotBoost Performance in Pyle/Bridgend.

Any feedback is welcome ;)
Thanks
Will

Depends on the individual car, was the car logged and changes made to the software during the logs?

Yes the car was tweaked on the rolling road, also they didn't have the dsg map so we had to wait for the map to be sent to us from revo HQ. 2 hours later we had both maps loaded onto the car and it made 280bhp.

The car also pulls to the red line now meaning that the dsg map has been loaded because I believe the car normally would change by the time it hits 6k revs

Will

Ideally the car needs to be tweaked on the road to allow for real life environment not on a perfect rolling road.

Take @s3_trev 's S3, we spent more than an hour tweaking the revo settings until it ran sweet with optimum power but keeping timing, boost and fuel balanced.

Reactions: s3_trev and Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
My conclusion was to the power gains were about right just a harsh dyno? Because as standard the car ran 240bhp where it should have been 265 so the difference is 25bhp.

280 + the 25bhp difference gives us 305?

But like wise if we road tested it and tweaked on the road we might be able to achieve an extra 5-10bhp I suppose?

Thanks for the input
Much appreciated
Will

How old is the TTS? I doubt the car would drop 25bhp in such a short time.
TTS should run 265-270 standard with a stage 1 taking it to 300-315 easily.

I would be tempted to get it checked out on another dyno

How old is the TTS? I doubt the car would drop 25bhp in such a short time.
TTS should run 265-270 standard with a stage 1 taking it to 300-315 easily.

I would be tempted to get it checked out on another dyno

Hi mate, I think it's a TTS is 2011 model with less than 10k miles on the clock. When we were at gotboost they said there were no fault codes and the dyno graph figures all read good/normal. I also asked if the car was healthy and they said yes nothing wrong with it.

I might have to take the tts to another dyno and see what it reads, might be that gotboost rollers are strict lol