My Collection Day

XPOWER

Reaction score
After waiting for 3 moths since the car has been build it is finally time to collect my car. :rock:

So here are some 16 plate pics

Side view:-
P3010010_zpswx76hd80.jpg

Front view:-
P3010011_zpsqdb0jymm.jpg

Front side view:-
P3010012_zps0dgnxkby.jpg

Rear side view:-
P3010014_zpsim719lhe.jpg

Interior view:-
P3010015_zpsmhawdsou.jpg

Low mileage one owner:-
P3010016_zpsgxdlm1pa.jpg

Leaving the show room:-
P3010018_zps74n3nsmb.jpg

Finally outside:-
P3010020_zpsibupwoph.jpg

Outside side view:-
P3010024_zpsxddlrdao.jpg

Its still got an engine:-
P3010023_zpsmgrjxkoc.jpg

My RS and My Mother's RS:-
P3010027_zpslva901w7.jpg

RS key:-
P3010031_zpsnhzc0gwl.jpg

As this is my first drive in an RS3 I was a bit nervous about it not up to the hype.
It looked really good in the show room with and getting a bit of attention from the people there.

One thing that happened when I was driving it to the from of the dealers was that I managed the stall it twice while going in slowly. :sos: The Start/Off system was turned off as well. I'm not sure what that was about but hopefully it wont happen again.

Also my mother didn't like the noise of the dynamic mode, so that means it is defiantly staying on.:yum:

I drove back hope like "Diving Miss Daisy" hopefully this wont last long.
My initial thought about driving the car is that it feels a bigger car to drive than the 8P even though it isn't.
The sports seat feel really comfy but supporting around the shoulder area. I'm glad there wasn't bucket seat option as these suit me better.

The tech pack is a bit confusing with all the different options even the sales man didn't know how to set up the 4g Wi-Fi hotspot and how the apps from my iPod connect to the car.
I'll try and work it out myself if not the dealer has an MMI "expert" to help me.

So not much to say about the car at the moment until I get a bit of confidence to drive it in a more spirited fashion.

Reactions: dmb, Rob2k68, UV-RS3 and 9 others
Wow, it's a stunning looking car. Enjoy it to the max :) x

Time to add your colour banners on your profile. :)

wow colour is fantastic :sunglasses:
You got some great photos there and captured the atmosphere of the day really well.
Was it heaving at the Dealers, with other pic ups ?
Your car looks great though and realy liking the red, which to say it is the promoted colour of the RS3, does appear to be quite rare.
Don't know any owners yet who hasn't commented positively on 'dynamic mode' :)

Reactions: Ghost
wow colour is fantastic :sunglasses:
You got some great photos there and captured the atmosphere of the day really well.
Was it heaving at the Dealers, with other pic ups ?
Your car looks great though and realy liking the red, which to say it is the promoted colour of the RS3, does appear to be quite rare.
Don't know any owners yet who hasn't commented positively on 'dynamic mode' :)

Thanks I would have liked a the red to be bright red all lighting and not to look orange at times.
But I guess it makes it look a bit special than the usual red.

I thought the dealers was quiet, with only a couple collecting their car same time as me and general people having a look. The end of the showroom was just for collection today with about 6 car ready to go.

The salesman drove it out of the showroom just in case. lol

Reactions: Sandra and Snake Pliskin
Thanks I would have liked a the red to be bright red all lighting and not to look orange at times.
But I guess it makes it look a bit special than the usual red.

I thought the dealers was quiet, with only a couple collecting their car same time as me and general people having a look. The end of the showroom was just for collection today with about 6 car ready to go.

The salesman drove it out of the showroom just in case. lol

I like the fact it has an orange tint to it (as misano) as it does make it a little different and unique :sunglasses:

After waiting for 3 moths since the car has been build it is finally time to collect my car. :rock:

So here are some 16 plate pics

Side view:-
P3010010_zpswx76hd80.jpg

Front view:-
P3010011_zpsqdb0jymm.jpg

Front side view:-
P3010012_zps0dgnxkby.jpg

Rear side view:-
P3010014_zpsim719lhe.jpg

Interior view:-
P3010015_zpsmhawdsou.jpg

Low mileage one owner:-
P3010016_zpsgxdlm1pa.jpg

Leaving the show room:-
P3010018_zps74n3nsmb.jpg

Finally outside:-
P3010020_zpsibupwoph.jpg

Outside side view:-
P3010024_zpsxddlrdao.jpg

Its still got an engine:-
P3010023_zpsmgrjxkoc.jpg

My RS and My Mother's RS:-
P3010027_zpslva901w7.jpg

RS key:-
P3010031_zpsnhzc0gwl.jpg

As this is my first drive in an RS3 I was a bit nervous about it not up to the hype.
It looked really good in the show room with and getting a bit of attention from the people there.

One thing that happened when I was driving it to the from of the dealers was that I managed the stall it twice while going in slowly. :sos: The Start/Off system was turned off as well. I'm not sure what that was about but hopefully it wont happen again.

Also my mother didn't like the noise of the dynamic mode, so that means it is defiantly staying on.:yum:

I drove back hope like "Diving Miss Daisy" hopefully this wont last long.
My initial thought about driving the car is that it feels a bigger car to drive than the 8P even though it isn't.
The sports seat feel really comfy but supporting around the shoulder area. I'm glad there wasn't bucket seat option as these suit me better.

The tech pack is a bit confusing with all the different options even the sales man didn't know how to set up the 4g Wi-Fi hotspot and how the apps from my iPod connect to the car.
I'll try and work it out myself if not the dealer has an MMI "expert" to help me.

So not much to say about the car at the moment until I get a bit of confidence to drive it in a more spirited fashion.
@XPOWER - Loving your gorgeous new RS3 buddy!

Enjoy!

Brilliant look RS3. Jealous much. How did you manage to stall an s-tronic?

Thanks I'm really happy with it so far. When I explore the performance I think it will only get better.

I had the Start/Stop off and I was creeping at 5 mph maybe less. Then all of a sudden the engine switched off like if the start/stop had kicked in.
I restated the car using the key.
The salesman was with me at the time and he couldn't explain it.
Then it stopped again when reversing.

The tech guy cam out and went for a short spin but it seemed ok.

So it might be a random occurrence that wont happen again. Hopefully it is anyway.

The only time I've been caught out, although with stop/start on was when I went to pull away exactly at the same time as stop/start kicked in and everything died. Touched brake and lifted again and off she went.
Keep an eye on that. It definitely isn't right if the S/S was off.

Lov the car and the noise they make in dynamic mode is superb, enjoy and look after it.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I am watching carefully. No probs today . On 160 miles and loving it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Very strange. It being 'very wet' during handover shouldn't stall an s-tronic or any auto for that matter.

Last edited:
At the dealer now. Bristol Audi are very good! Coffee and shortbread good too. Fingers tightly crossed.

Reactions: Sandra
Be interesting to see if it's the same as @T-800 car and the crankshaft sensor just isn't pushed all the way home from the factory.

Fuel pressure fault??? Having a software update installed...not very happy Mr Audi...

wow ... so it was a realt fault then and not just a glitch.
at least they have identified it and its being sorted.

Yea least they sorting how long you stuck there for tho?

Why was this not picked up when they did the PDI? If it did it when you rolled it out the dealership on pick up they should have checked it then.
Hopefully it's all sorted now?

Why was this not picked up when they did the PDI? If it did it when you rolled it out the dealership on pick up they should have checked it then.
Hopefully it's all sorted now?
The fault occurred after 40 miles or so. Pain! When I collected the car it still had 34 miles on the clock. Exactly as when I first saw it back in January. Not sure what/when PDI took place.