My car is missing some spec! What do I do?

It's very tempting, but I think I would want the flared arches and mean looks. Also it's a blue which I'm trying to avoid. Not that I don't like it.

@Bristle Hound do you know what colour this RS6 is? I rang today and they were more than unhelpful, just told me it was an exclusive colour and they didn't know. http://helloluxury.co.uk/cars/audi-rs6-avant-4-0-tfsi-quattro-560-ps/

DSC_0498-1024x680.jpg
@naughts4187 - Would agree with @ice_cube99 - Panther black crystal effect

Not an exclusive colour on the 8V S3's

Some pics on a S3 saloon in panther black here
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a3-s3-saloon-register.210182/page-6#post-2218317

Reactions: naughts4187
Just been down to Harrogate audi and both Keith and Keith (yes there are 2) were fantastic, even though I hadn't ordered the car from them.

The colours I wanted to see were:
Merlin purple
Panther black
Black cherry
Sepang blue

They had every single one! There was a black cherry A8, 2009 parked up (what are the chances!!) so I parked next to it and my car is a completely different colour. We checked paint codes and they matched, so Audi have definitely changed the colour since 2009 to hold more brown / gold rather than the plum I was searching for.

Here is a video walk around

Stills
b28b3289460a238f70fe7a7b986b659c.jpg

03ea8958f79696afcc50c3f3add23a03.jpg

ebaed000b659f3e98f5c744049c8295b.jpg

They also had a Merlin A5 which I've decided is just too much for me, but still pretty special.
528785a9a57c30f5542fddf0fc1297f3.jpg

4edb99f25ff04ebd25af275161cf0279.jpg

Panther black RS4 with black pack

3ecf7f396c62a4d4686350dd3c826911.jpg

99c382f1a721818164bba71f62841baf.jpg

0d19eafdb8df53895613ba69a75d8e12.jpg

So I looked through the exclusive book and picked out a colour I loved, turns out to be Dark Red Mica, a colour I saw and almost ordered first time around back in October. It looked lovely and dark until the sun hit it and it was truly superb! Much more purple than I anticipated.

f55104e587b60271bf6fd062f4f0eb0c.jpg

80eabd940de27040da054a710c1f9212.jpg

Here's the A3 I saw in October in Mica.
476faa93ba5cd9543c3fbed3d86786f8.jpg

So I've decided I'm definitely not ordering black cherry, I'm going to add the black pack and choose either Dark Red Mica and wait 5 months or Panther Black, add LED headlights and have it in 3. Best show the Mrs first I think.
All in all this mess up by York audi has been a blessing in disguise. Thanks to all who have helped on this forum.

What would you do?

erm Panther!!??....although maybe a tad biased.. haha

20150221 132824 1

Although that Mica is really nice against the Black Pack!! :)

Panther, but little biased as well.

Image 7
Image 6

Attachments

• image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 318
Reactions: AndyB-S3 and naughts4187
Both good choices. I know what you mean about the purple. A very full on colour. I love it but not sure I could live with it for four years.

Looking at your pics if your happy waiting 5 months of go red mica. Lovely colour.

BREAKING NEWS! just heard back from Audi UK, my car is the wrong colour!

I ordered Black cherry pearl and I've been supplied with Cherry black pearl, there are 2 colours!

A8 Black cherry pearl effect is 8c8c
S3 Cherry black pearl effect is Z9X

Not only did the dealer miss the spec they also ordered the wrong colour! I've decided to keep exclusive but should I stick with my original Black cherry code 8c8c or go for the mica red? Got to sleep on this one!

The proper black cherry!
b5c19490001480a09f323a820fcbe1b1.jpg

Dark red mica
9bc9274f878f43584a765f651b4b7f94.jpg

Jeez oh.. what a c0ck up.. Out of the 2 I would go Panther.... haha..

Seriously though I like the Mica, and with Mica you might not need to wait till that 1 day of sun we get a year to see the colour in all it's glory?!! :)

Knew there was something different about the colour on yours. What a mess the dealers have made.

Least you can have it rectified. Pity about the wait again tho, Panther looks great? Save the pennies and put towards the led and less of a wait

Makes you wonder how some of these dealers make a living, I'm back in Northampton Audi on Saturday to discuss the missing options on mine.

The fronting parking sensors they retrofitted aren't working correctly, so going to see what the solution is now, they still haven't got the inlays sorted, and when I clayed it the other weekend I found about a dozen scratches that appear to be under the clear coat just under the rear number plate. So throughly pi55ed with it all at the moment.

Be interesting to see what they offer as a solution as not prepared to have a new car painted. It should be perfect.

Makes you wonder how some of these dealers make a living, I'm back in Northampton Audi on Saturday to discuss the missing options on mine.

The fronting parking sensors they retrofitted aren't working correctly, so going to see what the solution is now, they still haven't got the inlays sorted, and when I clayed it the other weekend I found about a dozen scratches that appear to be under the clear coat just under the rear number plate. So throughly pi55ed with it all at the moment.

Be interesting to see what they offer as a solution as not prepared to have a new car painted. It should be perfect.

I feel for you, there should become a point where you can refuse the car. Legally you can do this, it may be worth giving the dealer the opportunity in writing to put it right, with a deadline, then if they don't rectify to your satisfaction you can reject the vehicle and ask for a resolution. Best of luck.

Omg. What a mess. Hmm tough call on the colour both are lovely. But think I'd stick with the black cherry.

Audi certainly need to sharpen up there ordering system from the sounds of it. So many errors.

In wish they'd make a mistake on my colour and give me the club sport blue rather than sepang when it turns up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyescos and naughts4187
Omg. What a mess. Hmm tough call on the colour both are lovely. But think I'd stick with the black cherry.

Audi certainly need to sharpen up there ordering system from the sounds of it. So many errors.

In wish they'd make a mistake on my colour and give me the club sport blue rather than sepang when it turns up.
Haha that's a great wish! Sepang will still look superb, saw one today, with anthracite wheels it looked the dogs!

Reactions: Brasso
Jeez oh.. what a c0ck up.. Out of the 2 I would go Panther.... haha..

Seriously though I like the Mica, and with Mica you might not need to wait till that 1 day of sun we get a year to see the colour in all it's glory?!! :)

Yes I suppose it would give more colour all year, but I think I really want the Black cherry, I can always go mica next time.... if they continue to order the wrong spec!

Reactions: Brasso and AndyB-S3
Why oh why would you have black cherry pearl and cherry black pearl?! Reminds me of the Judean people's front...or was it the peoples front of Judea?

Red mica definitely. It's a sexy colour.

Reactions: Tom_L, phil1824 and naughts4187
They're all abit dark for my liking! I like colours that stand out if it was me I'd go exclusive but also spec the led lights, sure you can rustle up another 800 over the next 5 month if you can afford the 2k for paint, might as well go all out tbh

Why oh why would you have black cherry pearl and cherry black pearl?! Reminds me of the Judean people's front...or was it the peoples front of Judea?

Red mica definitely. It's a sexy colour.

Haha yes Brian!

Mica is looking like the choice, least I can guarantee what colour it will be!

They're all abit dark for my liking! I like colours that stand out if it was me I'd go exclusive but also spec the led lights, sure you can rustle up another 800 over the next 5 month if you can afford the 2k for paint, might as well go all out tbh

I'm putting in LEDS and black styling pack don't worry
As for the colour choice, the mica stands out big time under sunshine!

@Andyescos how did you get on with Northampton?

@Andyescos how did you get on with Northampton?

Gave me the choice of fixing this one or a new one, so went for the new one. Just got to wait again, least I get to keep this one until the proper specced one arrives.

Gave me the choice of fixing this one or a new one, so went for the new one. Just got to wait again, least I get to keep this one until the proper specced one arrives.

Thats surprising, but a good result !

Great result Andy, least you'll get a nice new car!

As for mine, they ordered my new car with the correct paint code and the factory have confirmed the order with.... The wrong paint code. It's a factory error, Audi are now 'trying to find the paint'. They still stock old colours such as kingfisher blue and emerald green but black cherry pearl is lost in the abyss. Looks like I'll be going for dark red mica after all at this rate. I've given them this week to try sort it out, oh and I got black styling pack added for free too

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Brasso
Dark red mica with black pack should look great.:hubbahubba:

Hopefully hear tomorrow his long I'll have to wait

UPDATE: So Audi Exclusive are claiming the A8 I saw is the same colour as my car, even though they have 2 paint codes. We put an order through and it came back with exactly the same paint code as I received 8C8C/Z9X - which is different to just 8C8C (what it should be). Basically I've had to order Dark Red Mica but now Audi are saying BW44 which puts it in November for delivery! I'm just not sure I can wait 7 months for this car, I know I already have one to drive around in, but it doesn't feel like 'my car' as I know I'm handing it back. Trying to get Audi to manually put the exclusive order at the top of the list, but it's proving difficult. A member of my family used to be Head of Audi UK not so long ago, but now I don't have any connections to utilise!

So was the A8 the same colour?

7 months is a long wait to wait again, with Audi exclusive your always looking at least 5/6 months wait.

Feel for you mate. Don't know what I would do. Are they letting you keep your cherry black car till the new one arrives? That wouldn't be that bad in my opinion as you will have a shiney new s3 in your new colour in 7 months, and have the use of this one till then.

Other option, negotiate some compo as its their mistake, keep the car you have and move on

A refund on the paint wouldn't be a bad idea but you're still missing connect. I don't use mine at all other than the google map images on the sat nav which in turn is barely used but nice to have when needed.

So was the A8 the same colour?

7 months is a long wait to wait again, with Audi exclusive your always looking at least 5/6 months wait.

Feel for you mate. Don't know what I would do. Are they letting you keep your cherry black car till the new one arrives? That wouldn't be that bad in my opinion as you will have a shiney new s3 in your new colour in 7 months, and have the use of this one till then.

Yes I get to keep the car until it comes, but it's really brown. I really don't like it! At least I do have a car.
Connect was purposely ordered for work purposes, Wifi in the cars, it was the major plus over the BMW I was looking at, so I really want it. Also I've paid for it! :)

Ah yes forgot about that one. Wifi hotspot in the car is kinda cool - shame I can't get a linked SIM card from O2 and share my phones 20Gb allowance - rang them and tried that one. The most cost effective way for me to share data would be not to use connect and use my phone as a personal hotspot.

Travel and Google maps are probably the best uses of connect I've linked Facebook but that's a bit of a gimmick I feel.