my car is getting remapped friday,woohoo

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
ive finally organised to get a generic remap from superchips,on fri cant wait i will let you know how it goes after as i havent heard much from people on here about superchip remaps,oh and i went against most peoples opinions on what wheels to get i have bought rs8 wheels like eds and grathies.

there is no such thing as an RS8..........

the wheels you are getting are A8 wheels, and they are truely horrible :(

Ha ha I missed that, everyone is always getting confused between A8 wheel and calling it RS8! opps kids

They are not that bad Prawn, Ed is rocking with the A8 wheel in 19inch I believe. :)

i know the rs8 doesnt exist but thats what they are called on various websites,only paying £250 for the remap and £400 for the wheels,well some like the a8 wheels some dont i think they look good on silver cars oh and yellow ed.lol,plus i wanted audi wheels and found rs4 and rs6 wheels are really common.IMO

Jampublic said:
Ha ha I missed that, everyone is always getting confused between A8 wheel and calling it RS8! opps kids

They are not that bad Prawn, Ed is rocking with the A8 wheel in 19inch I believe. :)

He'll need all that BT power to pull them heavy *** reps around!!

Remember - "Every kg of unsprung weight is worth 4kg on the car"

Ballcrusher said:
Anoraks get a life

Ahh...you've got a new word!
The fact is, heavy wheels cost performance.

But hey, you don't believe in physics...that's fine.
But for the rest of us...it's the way the world works.

LaSarthe&Back said:
He'll need all that BT power to pull them heavy *** reps around!!

Remember - "Every kg of unsprung weight is worth 4kg on the car"

he he ;)

use the money saved by not buying the 'RS8' wheels, and get a custom remap from a reputable tuner like APS or MRC....... and to pay for the insurance increase

no not at all, every car is slightly different. Some 'generic' maps don't take into account these differences. I had mine done at MRC and we did the map 'live' whilst I was driving. He was looking at all of the data on his laptop and adjusted as necesarry, takes alot longer too....

worth the extra money IMO

ill see how the generic superchips one goes as im getting it for £250 and if its poo ill get a custom map after a few extra mods like fmic and stuff

got and fitted my a8 wheels in 18s and i really like them,others may not but who gives a tish.lol