My car hates me

S3STE1977

Reaction score
Screenshot 20200228 154300 comandroidgallery3d

Yep. I had some cheap ebay adjustable ones on a few month ago and the o/s rear snapped after a few weeks. So I poly bushed the standard tie bars and replaced them and the n/s snapped this time.
It past its MOT last Friday and a week later its cocking its leg up like a giddy cocker spaniel.

Bad times dude. Just out of curiosity.... what eBay tie bars did you get?

I bought some from eBay about 4/5 years ago. Seem to be holding up ok, but always a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If yours are the same as these and you've had them on your car for years I think you are very lucky pal.

Yeah they look the same, mine are blue though. Shortly after I bought them the seller sent me replacement rose joint because of previous fails.

Do you have your fitted at the top or bottom? Mine are fitted on the bottom, allegedly less strain when fitted to the bottom.

It must be just luck of the draw. Luckily mine snapped after a few weeks so I got a full refund.
I'm way past the point of no return now with everything I've replaced since I got it. I've just got to keep going with it.
It's just a crappy that it's my daily driver and I start work at 3 in the morning.

Found the picture of mine when I bought them.... this is before the seller sent out the revised rose joint. Same as what you’ve got on yours, sorry, had on yours.

14ca805e9d0c4ba89d906fa87c0e388b.jpg

Maybe yours was a bad batch, like I said been on the car 4-5 years now and it’s been sat doing nothing for a good 2 years before having all my major rebuild work done.

I would probably look at changing them for KW’s or ForgeMotorsport ones at some point.

How fast was you going when it happened? ive Ordered the silver project ones for mine around same price as ebay ones at £100 quid not heard any horror stories of them breaking yet and seem to have been around awhile

Last edited:
Found the picture of mine when I bought them.... this is before the seller sent out the revised rose joint. Same as what you’ve got on yours, sorry, had on yours.

14ca805e9d0c4ba89d906fa87c0e388b.jpg

Maybe yours was a bad batch, like I said been on the car 4-5 years now and it’s been sat doing nothing for a good 2 years before having all my major rebuild work done.

I would probably look at changing them for KW’s or ForgeMotorsport ones at some point.

Haha I think you will have to. You may have just jinxed yourself. Next time you hit a pothole they might explode into a thousand pieces.
At least we don't have a lot of potholes on our beautiful British roads

Reactions: S3AMJ
How fast was you going when it happened? ive Ordered the silver project ones for mine around same price as ebay ones at £100 quid not heard any horror stories of them breaking yet and seem to have been around awhile
Not fast at all, just normal traffic driving. I'd just picked the kids up from school. I'd seen the silver project ones but I'd put an offer in of £90 on the ebay ones and he excepted.
It must be the Yorkshire in me that makes me stupid and frugal.

Luckily you wasn’t going fast , yeah I’d looked at the ebay ones but the fact they are no brand or one I never heard off I just paid the extra

Does anyone on here recognise my car? I know the car looks standard and it doesn't really stand out but the plate has been on the car from nearly new and was hoping someone on here might have owned it? Just trying to get a bit of history.

I was going to buy some of these last week..so glad I decided against it. Definitely going to steer clear now. Either way sorry that this happened to you

I’m going to get a set from Paul at CBAuto. He’s got some really good stuff. They look really good quality and not badly priced. Probably get them with Black power flex bushes

I’m going to get a set from Paul at CBAuto. He’s got some really good stuff. They look really good quality and not badly priced. Probably get them with Black power flex bushes

How much he charging?

How much he charging?

Hey dude, he’s charging £252.45 inc 24 hour delivery and powerflex Black series bushes. It would be cheaper without the bushes or with the normal powerflex bush.

I was hoping for a discount code but he didn’t mention it in his reply email.

Hey dude, he’s charging £252.45 inc 24 hour delivery and powerflex Black series bushes. It would be cheaper without the bushes or with the normal powerflex bush.

I was hoping for a discount code but he didn’t mention it in his reply email.

Not bad for better quality