My C5 RS6 Daytona Avant

Super Ron

I had to change the rear gearbox seal so I thought I'd do a little How To, hopefully it will help some others

jase0851

Nice one ill be showing this to my garage
My rs6 is on the lift as we speak having a new cambelt and I noticed the same fluid leaking in the same place, I thought it was gearbox oil! I have the seal already so I'll be getting the correct oil now I know what it is. I have an engine oil leak from the oil cooler pipe beneath the oil filter housing which I need to sort next

Super Ron

Nice one ill be showing this to my garage
My rs6 is on the lift as we speak having a new cambelt and I noticed the same fluid leaking in the same place, I thought it was gearbox oil! I have the seal already so I'll be getting the correct oil now I know what it is. I have an engine oil leak from the oil cooler pipe beneath the oil filter housing which I need to sort next

It's a constant battle with these cars at this age. Touch wood.... no problems with mine fo r a while now :)

jase0851

Mines still at unit 20, sent it there back in October last year so will be back soon with a bit of luck.

jase0851

Just a quick fettle Ron, I am having judder boost issues mid throttle and it feels like it's holding back, previous owner put a quantum map on so having that removed and a proper job done

Super Ron

Just when I said nothing has broken lately..... the window regulator went :lol:

Feel free to share