My build thread....

Will run it off the washer bottle tank for now may look to fit a tank in the boot but will see how it goes!

When you coming over I am in Mortimer some good roads here! ;)

Could pop over at some point this weekend mate, I'll text you this morning.

Ok so now I have Devils own water injection fitted, we have mounted the pump on a special bracket just in front of the washer tank, just behind the fog light grill, looks good and works fantastic! and I have not used meth yet at all, god knows what this beast will do on 100% methanol!! but when I find out I will let you know.

I have the water injection coming in at around 10psi so on a hard run nearly all the time!! lol

Anyway watch these videos this proves that all the work done was well worth it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxhKoBZICvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LhZmU0Pl0c

wow at 4:30 on the bottom video the r8 pulls away rapid , but your s3 is awesome gotta say that , but just from that bit at 430 on a boot it has some power that R8 both awesome cars :o.k:

There's no shame in getting tonked by one of those Andy - you're car is looking good but the acceleration on that R8 around 4.30 is a different league (from anything probably !).

:scared2: ****** hell - I was surprised by just how quickly that R8 pulled away from you!

once I got the gearing right he never pulled away that fast again! shame I cant show the whole 1hr 5mins of us playing, speeds topping most of the time 160 even up to 185 on the clocks sadly not the GPS as it didnt keep up!!

WOW! Got to say Andy great car and keeps suprising me! Bet the R8 was a bit shocked when he saw the stealth beast coming up behide him and keeping up to him! Car sounds amazing. R8 must of been auto the gear changed seemed quite quick. If i was you i'd be quite happy with the out come and where you got your car to this day!

Thanks

Ashley

Best watch since Shawshank Redemtion.
Brilliant.
S3 playing with an R8 V10, win or lose, doesnt matter, mixing it with exotica like that must be a buzz.
Take a bow Mr Stealth.:thumbsup:

cheers
Paul

Just back from Inters, great weekend with the Revo team (thanks guys) ran quite a few times to get som avg's on 1/4 mile speed, also I seem to have a second gear problem! sometimes it will not engage, we adjusted the short shirt a few times and this helped a bit!

Anyway on to times!!

12.73 (just found the sheet!)

and

12.65!! My new best time along with a 4.03 sec 0-60....

IMG_3008.jpg

Bit Of a PR stunt for GTI Inters the Girl on the left is Zoe she races Saxo's at the moment but is going to the VAG Cup? anyway they asked me to 1/4 mile with her in the car she loooooved it! ran 12.88 nice and quick!

IMG_3022.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Andy

Some good times there...Pleased with the times? Car looks good aswell.
Looks like it was a good day. And 4.03 sec 0-60....:hubbahubba:
Bet you was pleased when you got 12.65!!

Ashley

Ok then people, I have been thinking a lot over night and this morning and this needs to be said!!!
What a car The Phirm & Revo have built me, think about this, I have been on a 3000 mile European "roadtrip" with Modball, on which we never hung around racing Evo's, Skyline's and a R8 V10, for an hour and 10 minutes topping 180 mph on the clock, and never below 70 mph, came back had a few days rest and went to Inters and ran the beast up the strip 18 times, getting great times and 4 to 4.2 second 0-60's on a very hot day.(30c!)
Then I drove her home (quickly!) and now having just been out she is just like a normal car again easy to drive power when I need it etc
There is a slight issue with the gear change but nothing that can’t be fixed, cables need moving as they are near the downpipe, but it’s a highly modified car big turbo, redlines at 7800 rpm putting lot’s of stress on the engine and part’s and yet yesterday on the strip she just gave me 12 second times all day long!
It's testament to the strength of the 2.0 TFSi engine, to The Phirms building skills, and to Revo’s strength in the VAG re-map market place, I could not have this beast of a car without them so here is my public Thank you guys, this morning I am a very proud and honoured Stealth Beast owner.

Very pleased with times and very happy with 12.65 as it beat JonnyC in his awesome Gti ED30!!

Lol.. Bigger tyres and more weight out of mine and a rematch later in the year mate! ;)

Good times, your car is rapid.. Once you get the box / clutch sorted I think you should be sub 4's to 60 no problems!

Should be well pleased with that! Quite a difference from the other times the 12.65. Do you know what Jonny had in his Gti ED30?

I did a 4.5 0-60mph and 12.79 1/4 mile.. So not that far off ;) Not bad for 350hp and 2WD..

To be far traction was pretty poor, I get it hooked up easier on the road! I think at Santa Pod now I should be down to a 12.4..

Lol.. Bigger tyres and more weight out of mine and a rematch later in the year mate! ;)

Good times, your car is rapid.. Once you get the box / clutch sorted I think you should be sub 4's to 60 no problems!

I did a 4.5 0-60mph and 12.79 1/4 mile.. So not that far off ;) Not bad for 350hp and 2WD..

To be far traction was pretty poor, I get it hooked up easier on the road! I think at Santa Pod now I should be down to a 12.4..

12.4!! god damn more mods needed!!! cant let you get that far in front! lol

Thanks for that Jonny!:icon_thumright:

12.4!! god damn more mods needed!!! cant let you get that far in front! lol

Will it never end with you to! lol

EDIT: Andy how much more do you reckon you could get out of your S3? And at what point would you be happy and stop modding? As i dont think there any S3 in the UK that can take yours on lol!

Will it never end with you to! lol

EDIT: Andy how much more do you reckon you could get out of your S3? And at what point would you be happy and stop modding? As i dont think there any S3 in the UK that can take yours on lol!

I am happy were it is now, with more practice and a uprated clutch this car will see high 11's.

Any other mods will be just trial stuff its a daily drive so it has to be practical and fast!

Think your car could run 11's if you could get through the gears very quickly.. Must be frustrating!

I know spec have done a twin disc race clutch, could be worth asking Carl/Kev about it as JC in the US is running it on his GTI now..

I am happy were it is now, with more practice and a uprated clutch this car will see high 11's.

Any other mods will be just trial stuff its a daily drive so it has to be practical and fast!

Fair comment Andy...High 11's would be great. Must say great car once again. And good times. Enjoy the car

Ashley

Tidy. Nice to see this car putting the goods out and challenging some serious metal.

After my run in it the other week I knew it was good.

Great to see some footage and times. Would have loved to be at GTi but was on 2 weeks holiday.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I may have slade the beast!

Coming back from London today, looked in mirror and saw a plume of smoke from MY CAR!

I stopped ASAP and popped the hood and saw FIRE! telling you now this is not nice!

Now there was no huge bang, or pieces of metal flying around, just loads of oil all over the engine bay and on the manifold which was burning off, hence the fire.

I am guessing and hoping its just a pipe come loose and spraying oil around, if its not well lets wait and see shall we....

dosent sound good i guess thats the trouble getting so much from a small engine , the presure must be to much .....

I hope it's OK.

By the sound of what you've described it may simply be an oil line either leaking or loose.

It is a problem running relatively stock pipework around a highly modified engine,and on the Cosworths I had,everything was upgraded,all the way down to coolant and oil hoses,to avoid problems like this.

Even so,I nearly fell victim to a massive leak from a loose seal on an oil cooler take-off,which taught me and the engine builder a lesson.

ANyway,all the best,and I hope it's not slain,but merely slightly wounded!

Hope all is well Andy, very sorry to hear this and hope it can be resolved quickly.

Hi

Sorry to hear this...Hope its nothing too serious Andy.
Hope the car back on the road soon without any more problems

Ashley

Hey Andy kinda new to the forum but been following the banter between you and jonny for a while glad to see the four rings taking it at inters. You say you are needing clutch? What is up with the helix racing clutch, is it not able to deal with 450+bhp?? Hope the fire wasnt to bad and its up and running soon. Cheers, Stevie.