My Build Thread

S3 Sly

Reaction score
Been here a while now so thought I should start a little build thread.

The S3 replaced my Impreza RA, I have to say I find it tad boring but also a little less embarrassing when doing the school run, being 40 somthing I thought it was time to move on to a more 'normal car' That and the wife said I could not buy an evo 6!

First job was to disable the ESP via VCDS, The RA was a lairy 340 brake beast weighting under 1100kg and ESP was not something I wanted getting in the way, it took me several hours searching the web to find the solution but it's now fully switched off, I fitted a blanking switch cover so you would never know it ever had it.

I guess green would not be my first choice of colour I have to say, but with only 2 owners with 52000 miles and totally standard other than an exhaust I had to buy it, after selling the AP brakes that were fitted it stands me at 2 grand.

I have a front mount, full set of nylon bushes, 18's AP coilovers, B5 tip, downpipe etc to fit when time allows, I'm half way through building my extension at the moment so I have to grab the odd hour here and there when I can.

The wife and little lass left for wales this morning, with "get those stud walls finished" still ringing in my ears I headed outside to retro fit the evo 7 exhaust I bought. The one I had was not really loud enough and looked rather restrictive.

First job was to cut off all the parts:
10dd104a.jpg

The box was to long to fit under car so needed shortening:
ba693fe3.jpg

81eb8eb0.jpg

I then tacked it back together:
78891638.jpg

All welded up:
b709436f.jpg

Offered up and tacked in place
7ffd6c5f.jpg

Centre section ready for welding flange on, ran out of argon so that it until tomorrow folks:

27e81e83.jpg

d5223c27.jpg