My "build and then reverse it" thread

smudge_don

Reaction score
Right guys, as some of you know it's time to sell my beloved car as i'm trying to get as much money together for a house purchase

I've spent a lot of time and money on the car, but a huge amount of credit has to go to NHN for all his hard work and help over the year

I 1st bought the car in December '09 and she looked like this:

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

The 1st few mods came along in the shape of the Weitec Hicon GT coilovers:

SDC10238.jpg

SDC10235.jpg

And NHN helped me with the RNSE and bluetooth install, as well as the RS6 steering wheel

SDC10198.jpg

Then the wheels came!!!

SDC10125.jpg

Sprayed them purple

SDC10395-1.jpg

SDC10399.jpg

And N8 did a detail on my car and helped me fit the wheels

SDC10437.jpg

SDC10453.jpg

39.jpg

Then i managed to get my hands on a full S3 body kits, complete with washer jets, reverse parking sensors and side skirts

SDC10486.jpg

SDC10487.jpg

SDC10489.jpg

NHN helped me out once again, linking the front end up with bi xenon headlights, auto levellers, washer jets, auto lights, auto dimming side and rear view mirrors, auto folding mirrors

P1010786.jpg

Then, my favourite mod....the TT-RS brakes! Got the calipers done in Kawasaki green so they would stand out

20100605-IMG_2500.jpg

SDC10692.jpg

SDC10714.jpg

Then came the lamin-x on the headlights, totally changed the front end look

Before:

SDC10711.jpg

After:

013.jpg

Swapped the grill over for an optics one, made the car a lot darker and meaner

016-1.jpg

And that's as far as i got....a few final pics

050.jpg

047.jpg

041-1.jpg

47134_10150243220255725_519040724_14714835_73795_n.jpg

So, plenty of parts to get rid of if anyone is interested ;) i'll try and get some eBay links of stuff that i'm sticking on there

Any comments or questions are welcome :)

Cheers

Jords

Woah so many guys on here seem to spend so long getting there cars perfected then sell so quickly!
Hope that only happens to me when I upgrade....will look out for some tasty morsels from your de-build.

Woah so many guys on here seem to spend so long getting there cars perfected then sell so quickly!
Hope that only happens to me when I upgrade....will look out for some tasty morsels from your de-build.

I wish i could finish her, i really do. So much work has gone into it, but the house comes 1st :(

good luck with the de-build and remember I'm still on for the s3 skirts

Ahh that's a shame mate, would have been a nice little sale to start you off

One of my favourite A3's on here, shame to see it go mate.

Does anyone know if that S3 grill will fit on my A3 BE? 2009? If so, do you still have it mate? :)

thanks,
Danny.

has anyone had a sniff at the wheels yet?
as i could be tempted and also how quickly u wanna get rid of them

Does anyone know if that S3 grill will fit on my A3 BE? 2009? If so, do you still have it mate? :)

thanks,
Danny.

No it won't Danny, you have a facelift car and the grill is for pre-facelift (before 2009)

Cheers anyway :)

has anyone had a sniff at the wheels yet?
as i could be tempted and also how quickly u wanna get rid of them

Nothing yet mate, only just let people know about them really

I'd be willing to get them sprayed in any colour you want so they'd be fresh, and the tyres have only done 4000miles so are like new still

Let me know if we can strike a deal ;)

Yeah I thought that maybe the case :( just rather expensive from a dealer :( is the auto dimming rear view mirror up for grabs? If so, was the hard to wire up, assuming just a 12v supply?

Danny.

just had a look at the ebay
bit too rich for my blood by the looks of it, but am sure someone will snap them up!!
damn being a student again :(

Such a shame & spent so long doing all these mods, but he has priorities which I respect.

I will let you know on Friday buddy, as i'm gonna attempt to run the 18" S-Line wheels on them!!!

I reckon you do though, just look at this for clearance:

SDC10714.jpg

SDC10716.jpg

Cheers Shane

yeh but the VMR's have a big rebate sort of thing which decreases brake clearance.. the CH sort of goes straight in! so im guessing more clearance.. l know spin used to run 18" CH with AP racing kit and was ok.. im warming to these bad boys more and more... :ninja:

not being nosy but two VXR's? how many cars u got son!? :laugh:

No you don't Ry

thought soo.. thats bad cause it means they are even more straight forward to buy and fit! :sadlike:

Jord such a lovely car and alot of time and effect put in to get all these mods done. Good luck with the sales.

yeh but the VMR's have a big rebate sort of thing which decreases brake clearance.. the CH sort of goes straight in! so im guessing more clearance.. l know spin used to run 18" CH with AP racing kit and was ok.. im warming to these bad boys more and more... :ninja:

They would look class on your car Rye. I cant open or reply to your pm. So email my personal email if you can.

Cheers

Last edited:
Yeah I thought that maybe the case :( just rather expensive from a dealer :( is the auto dimming rear view mirror up for grabs? If so, was the hard to wire up, assuming just a 12v supply?

Danny.

Auto dimming stuff is all wired into the car, so i'm going to be selling the car with that in place mate

Cheers anyway

just had a look at the ebay
bit too rich for my blood by the looks of it, but am sure someone will snap them up!!
damn being a student again :(

Make me an offer ;)

Very nice mate :)

Thanks Boydie

Woa this car is sick! Would love some of the mods that you have done :wub:

Cheers

Sweet looking motor :cool:

Mmmm xenons..........:yum:

Cheers buddy

Xenons aren't for sale as they're also wired into the car

Such a shame & spent so long doing all these mods, but he has priorities which I respect.

I know :( thank you for all your help again. Hopefully i'll be back in a year or so

Jord such a lovely car and alot of time and effect put in to get all these mods done. Good luck with the sales.

They would look class on your car Rye. I cant open or reply to your pm. So email my personal email if you can.

Cheers

Cheers buddy, shame to see her go but it's the right thing to do

Just need to change their colour and your away :wub:

I'm offering them with a fresh coat of paint in whatever colour the buyer wants :)

right im off to do some hustling lol!

yeh i like the ninja green but not sure whether id go with that.. prob go for a silver tbh... and reapply RS stickers.. :wub::wub:

i gotta stop im gettin too excited.. sex wee..... :blink:

Cheers

maybe my inbox i need to have a clear out.. ill try sending again if not ill email! Sent PM so let me know whether u get it pal.. :thumbsup:

sex wee:laugh:

maybe my inbox i need to have a clear out.. ill try sending again if not ill email! Sent PM so let me know whether u get it pal.. :thumbsup:

Just got it i can read up to open a case and... But cant actually open the email and reply. So send it to my email that you sent the photos to please.

Cheers:thumbsup:

yeh i like the ninja green but not sure whether id go with that.. prob go for a silver tbh... and reapply RS stickers.. :wub::wub:

or pink.. i just cant decide :sly:

:laugh:

And N8, i was on about the wheels, not the brakes. My bad

Wheels will be in whatever colour the buyer wants

Such a good looking Audi with nice mods,you have priorities so hope you make as much as possible to go toward your house :icon_thumright:

Sh*t Jord

I've just come back from working away to see your thread im gutted for you mate but i understand as do others im sure, thought it might be me you and Ash at the shows, Its a stunner and sorry to see it go but i guess we all have this thought in the back of our heads what if? job, home, baby i think we have had them all over the last year with members i just wish you luck mate with the sales.

Mike

Such a good looking Audi with nice mods,you have priorities so hope you make as much as possible to go toward your house :icon_thumright:

Cheers :)

Sh*t Jord

I've just come back from working away to see your thread im gutted for you mate but i understand as do others im sure, thought it might be me you and Ash at the shows, Its a stunner and sorry to see it go but i guess we all have this thought in the back of our heads what if? job, home, baby i think we have had them all over the last year with members i just wish you luck mate with the sales.

Mike

It's a hard time for me :( but it's the right thing to do

Best pic for me± The stance and the alloys. wow!:ohmy:

So much has changed since then!!

sad to see your car go jord i was drooling all over it at audi's in the park but as said you have got responsibility's now so i full respect you for your choice a roof over your head is always first choice

Such a shame you have to do that as it is stunning, good luck with the house!