My 'budget' Audi

Reaction score
Hi Guys & girls.

I've recently purchased a rather tatty 95 A4 1.8 saloon in a sort of red / rust colour and a quick search found this great forum! :)

(Cable tied front bumper - it looks like the wing damage affected the bumper mounts!)

This has been specifically purchased for the Scumball 3000 Rally 2007, where entries must cost no more than £500 and 5 european countries are covered in 4 days!

The car is pretty straight now, but ideally needs a new wing and front repeater (the driverside flew out yesterday, so the a4 is currently making do with a make shift e36 orange item held in by cable ties!), some serious deep cleaning of the interior and some tyres.

Front wing really needs replacing. I'm going to hold out for a rusty coloured one (I think!)

The A4 is fitted with Oz 15 inch alloys. They look pretty good, but need new tyres. Rather than go to the expense of fitting 17s or 18s at this time I'm thinking of getting some wider rubber on these rims. It's currently rolling 195/60s; can anyone advise an optimum width and the maximum width it can run? My 325 E36 runs 225 front and 245 rear. I assume the A4 can run similar?

Tow bar has already come in handy. My pal collected a bike trailer last week with it.

The central locking doesn't work; the fuse is fine so I guess the actuator is u/s. Something else to see to, although hardly urgent.

I've driven a few A4s, but not yet owned one. Although this has done 140k odd miles and the interior is minging (we are talking mould here after the area where the battery is sighted was completely awash!), the tyres are 'tyred' and the suspension is probably original it drives rather well. I've been a BMW man for some years, but who knows a decent A4 turbo may be my next 'proper' car!

Hello, looks like a alright car for £500.

Agree with icenutter..

Happy New Year & :sign_welcome:

hello and welcome to the site !

Cheers guys - thanks for the warm welcome :thumbsup:

Great forum you got here. I'm sure it's going to be a great resource for me. Gotta get to grips with the Audi so I can feed something usefull back!:salute: