My brother-in-law is an a**e

markos72

Reaction score
As above,found out from the missus that my brother in law has received another speeding fine while in his works van making deliveries to Aberdeen.
Nothing special you may think,but this now takes him to 12 points and the now inevitable 6 month ban,the thing that is pee'ing me off all the more is that he drives the A90 every day,and knows where the cameras are as well as the fact that unmarked patrols rove about here too.
I have no sympathy whatsoever for him and he will probably lose his job too as his place of employment will know as they had the N.I.P. sent to them first.

As you say Mark, everyone knows the A9 is full of speed cameras. He has no-one to blame but himself. :)

His wife is livid,and his folks dont know yet,they will go ballistic

Its a shame his wife will have to suffer for his stupidity Mark. Speeding does have consequences, he should have thought of that and what it does to those close to him.

Reactions: S3Alex and markos72
As you say Mark, everyone knows the A9 is full of speed cameras. He has no-one to blame but himself. :)

I don't really know how to take your postings Sandra, you almost seem happy in your post above.

Still look on the bright side, at least he missed the orphanage, nuns and three legged dogs charity home.....

Reactions: crazy88
I'm sure he can appeal to not have his licence taken from him is he appeals it in a way he would lose his house/cannot support his family...it was on the news the other day that someone was on 54 points and still been given the right to have his licence for such reasons

Losing his license for a
while might give him a wee wake up call.

Reactions: s3dave
I do not like people that speed, not because they are going faster than me, but because their selfish behaviour could have serious consequences for other road users.

Grow up and drive to the speed limit! It exists to keep other drivers/pedestrians safe.

Reactions: Snibo
I do not like people that speed, not because they are going faster than me, but because their selfish behaviour could have serious consequences for other road users.

Grow up and drive to the speed limit! It exists to keep other drivers/pedestrians safe.

It's enlightened motorists like yourself that are leading the drive to ensure that the skills that were once prevalent are completely removed from current and future motorists.

Congratulations.

Reactions: PAULF, Artimus, s3_trev and 1 other person
Thanks. I drive responsibly so in order to make it safe for other road users and pedestrians.

That's because I was just born decent. And those that speed don't care about others, just themselves. High speed, low IQ.

It is really easy to speed.

Actually surprised the firm he drives for had kept him on already with so many points!
The company i drive for let you get three points,after that the company our firms insured the vans with put you down as high risk and won't insure you... Outcome, no job!!!

down here anymore than 6 points and no company will touch you as there insurance wouldnt allow it
he may beable to keep his licence a few years ago i had 15 in total

I don't really know how to take your postings Sandra, you almost seem happy in your post above.

Still look on the bright side, at least he missed the orphanage, nuns and three legged dogs charity home.....

i cant see how the post looks like she is happy about it
sandra is just a smiley person with her ;)

Reactions: Sandra, JohnM100, markos72 and 1 other person
Thanks. I drive responsibly so in order to make it safe for other road users and pedestrians.

That's because I was just born decent. And those that speed don't care about others, just themselves. High speed, low IQ.

It is really easy to speed.

Hmm, see that signature of yours, you DO see the irony don't you?

Anyway..pretty boring at first [sic] but gets a LOT better as it goes on until it's BONKERS fast!!

The fastest Hillclimb St. Ursanne 2012 - Sound, Speed & Flames Bergrennen EBM Porsche 935 FA30 FV11 - YouTube

Reactions: markos72
Hmm, see that signature of yours, you DO see the irony don't you?

Anyway..pretty boring at first [sic] but gets a LOT better as it goes on until it's BONKERS fast!!

The fastest Hillclimb St. Ursanne 2012 - Sound, Speed & Flames Bergrennen EBM Porsche 935 FA30 FV11 - YouTube

It isn't ironic, I drive at a safe speed and I don't care what the boneheads who sit up my **** think of me. In fact, they make me slow down so that I have a bigger distance between my car and the car in front of me.

Drive safely mate.

Reactions: Snibo and Andy Crooks
Sorry if i missed this point but... he should be declaring points to his company anyway if hes a delivery driver. If he hasnt he's rather naughty! if he has and they have kept him on, they are rather naughty tbh.

If he drives the same route constantly and still managed 12 ponts then lol what can you say to a person to offer advice on that?!

Sorry if i missed this point but... he should be declaring points to his company anyway if hes a delivery driver. If he hasnt he's rather naughty! if he has and they have kept him on, they are rather naughty tbh.

and also... are you sure hes telling you the truth... if he has 9 points they wont offer him a fine via a NIP whatsoever, he will be summonsed to court after sending that NIP back with that many points outright

Reactions: markos72 and StateOfPlay

and also... are you sure hes telling you the truth... if he has 9 points they wont offer him a fine via a NIP whatsoever, he will be summonsed to court after sending that NIP back with that many points outright

yes 9 points and another speeding is stright to court

As above,found out from the missus that my brother in law has received another speeding fine while in his works van making deliveries to Aberdeen.
Nothing special you may think,but this now takes him to 12 points and the now inevitable 6 month ban,the thing that is pee'ing me off all the more is that he drives the A90 every day,and knows where the cameras are as well as the fact that unmarked patrols rove about here too.
I have no sympathy whatsoever for him and he will probably lose his job too as his place of employment will know as they had the N.I.P. sent to them first.

totting upto 12 is normaly a 12 month ban not 6

Thought was 6 months,my bad.
Guess just waiting for court then-he's still an ****...

Reactions: Av4nt
however long the ban...when he gets his licence back and gets an insurance quote.... TNT+MATCH = KABAOUUUUM lol

however long the ban...when he gets his licence back and gets an insurance quote.... TNT+MATCH = KABAOUUUUM lol

Oh so true-m.i.l. is defending the indefensible too,she won't listen-his work are pushing him to deliver quicker,he's stressed etc etc etc.
You can see how sympathetic I am

Yes, yes, but don't you think that the company, who sets these performance quotas, also have some questions to answer??

Probably not, as you obviously have a massive axe to grind.

saluté.

Yes, yes, but don't you think that the company, who sets these performance quotas, also have some questions to answer??

Probably not, as you obviously have a massive axe to grind.

saluté.
Don't have any axe to grind,don't know where you get that impression from

Reactions: Artimus
Depending what mood the magistrate is in on the day he may get to keep his licence. If that's the case he really has to take the hint as a 12 month ban is a long time.

Have to admit these days I tend not to speed as my licence is vital to my job and losing it for 56 days in 2012 was an eye opener as to how much I took it for granted. Whilst many 30 limits are perfectly correct there are many that are in place as a result of pressure from councillors which does nothing but breed further contempt for the limits from the average motorist. Speed limits need to be established by the people that know and understand how the roads work not by politicians with their own agendas and a desire for votes.

Reactions: TonyH38, Artimus and markos72
I'm sure he can appeal to not have his licence taken from him is he appeals it in a way he would lose his house/cannot support his family...it was on the news the other day that someone was on 54 points and still been given the right to have his licence for such reasons

anyone who claims stuff like this should be doubly banned. if the licence is that important to their lives they should treat it as such and not flout rules and expect some whining to mitigate their punishment. i'm really getting sick to the back effing teeth of courts letting people off from bans etc because they come up w/ cac like this. someone who repeatedly gets caught like this guy is a total idiot and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car for the rest of his life, never mind a bigger/heavier van.

Solicitor has said that it isn't looking too good for him,regardless of any letters his employer may write for him.Just awaiting a court date now

Still awaiting a court date for this,he hasn't heard anything yet.M.I.L. seems to think after a certain amount of time it will just be forgotten about,she just won't listen.

if he is lucky he may be able to plead his license, if he needs it to live, pay for family, bills etc

i was young and stupid once and was facing 12 points and a ban and I had to go to court to plead my license. Luckily i got 2 points, taking me to 11 points, and a £150 fine.

very silly indeed, but never got anymore points after this as I learnt my lesson

depends which court it is and how efficient they are

i think mine was a matter of weeks between receiving the letter to appearing in court.

funny thing was, when I arrived, I was the only english speaking person in court that day and all others had translators with them, as they have court days just dedicated to speeding offences.

if he does go, make sure he is suited and booted, has all his financial paperwork to prove why he needs to drive, and then it's down to the courts decision. I did this, and I think it went a long way to prove that I was very sorry

it can take as long as it takes

but to the post above even if he is allowed to keep his licence.

his boss will get rid I don't know of any insurance company for couriers that will insure that many points.

most companies, like Tescos etc, won't allow anymore than 3 points on your license

Well,it's been a while since I updated this.
His lawyer pleaded hardship and he kept his license,albeit with 12 points still on it,and a £110 fine.
Think a ban would have been better for him but thats just my opinion.

Well,it's been a while since I updated this.
His lawyer pleaded hardship and he kept his license,albeit with 12 points still on it,and a £110 fine.
Think a ban would have been better for him but thats just my opinion.
Thanks for update Mark. Hope your well? :) x

Plodding on Sandra,got a week's holiday from work just now as its half term too for the kids.

Reactions: Sandra

That is really bad news.
And they wonder why the Law keeps being eroded with respect for it and Police Officers significantly reducing.
Had he been doing 35mph in a 30mph, I'm sure he'd have been busted - and maybe sent to Jail for his misdemeanours.

That is really bad news.
And they wonder why the Law keeps being eroded with respect for it and Police Officers significantly reducing.
Had he been doing 35mph in a 30mph, I'm sure he'd have been busted - and maybe sent to Jail for his misdemeanours.
Not really bad news for OP's sister and her family, they stay off benefits and life continues?

OP needs to recalibrate his priorities sensor IMO. Family first always. Would never wish my sisters bloke would lose his job, even if i thought he was a plum, how are my nieces gonna get fed whilst daddy stays at home watching Kyle?

But thats opinions innit.

Reactions: jimojameso and Sandra