My Boot Shuts Itself Randomly! Audi A4 B9 Estate

David Martin

Reaction score
Help!

For some reason my boot has started randomly shutting while I'm getting things out. Turns out when that happens you want to be in the middle, it'll then stop and not try and chop you in two. If you're at the edge, it'll push hard, and hurt - Fun fact!

Anyway....It just randomly shuts, not a set amount of time, sometimes it doesn't do it for a day or two. It also shuts when you unlock or lock the car, which is actually a nice little upgrade in a way...?

Send help before it slices me in two! I can't find anyone in a similar situation!

Could be a faulty button on the boot, but surely its shut already if its being locked, unlocked?

Hey, thanks for the input, really appreciate it! It shuts the boot when it's open when I click lock or unlock on the key. I did wonder about the faulty button potential, but it shuts when I push a button so I feel like that rules that out...

You havnt been using any diagnostics have you, does it self lock at all if not near the car?

Do you have keyless, wonder if its not detecting key due to key battery low & then attempting to lock & thus puts the boot down.

I haven't run diagnostics on it at all, I've used OBDEleven on it to activate lane assist.

It's keyless, maybe the battery option is a good shout. I had replaced the battery due to weak signal, but let's not rule that out. I'll give it a go. Nothing else locks, just the boot shutting. I would think the key was still detected if it can lock/unlock from the key? But maybe not that simple!

I wondered if previous owner might have attempted to install some kind of remote closing something in the car, but I wouldn't know where to look for that.

Did the issue start after lane assist coding?

If its only just started happening & wasn't doing when you bought it, then suffice to say its new issue.

No it was doing it before sadly. I've also tried reversing the lane assist to see if that can remove the issue, and it didn't do anything. I've only used the apps not any long coding.

So was it doing this before the coding changes or after?

Hi, just wondering if you got anywhere with this? I'm having exactly the same issue!

Did anyone solved this issue in the meantime.

My audi a4 b9, back door is closing on its own.
I did not ordered AI back door, it has come alive :)
Then i started having some beeps on my console, not sure if it is connected ...

Is there a button on your boot lid for closing, if so, then you have electric boot lid I'd say.

Hi, just wondering if you got anywhere with this? I'm having exactly the same issue!
Had the same issue: