My black edition 170 dsg project

GG

Reaction score
Hi

I recently bought my A3 Black Edition in Ibis white. Bought as a tow car for my 2013 attempt into the VAG Trophy :unsure: I have bought an ex German race Lupo that is being converted for the series.

Plan is to carry out some body mods i.e bumper and wheel changes and a set of S3 Recaro buckets if I can find some.

Anyway will get some pics up tomorrow but so far I have changed the standard wheels for 19" Dare LM's in anthracite with Vredestein tyres.

Mods this week are S3 bumpers front and rear, S3 Side skirts, H&R Lowering springs & remap both done by Awesome GTI.

Then its a few detail bits like roof wrap and badges etc :thumbsup:

Right guys, quick update...

Bumpers bought but in black :unsure: so going to need to paint them. Will arrive Wednesday all being well then straight in to body shop to be stripped and prepped. Wheels were fitted on Saturday at Revolution 247 in Gateshead. Third set of wheels I have bought off them now in the last 12 months. Cant fault the guys at all.

Getting the H&R springs fitted on Wednesday as planned but holding off on remap for the time being. Will be updating thread once the other bits start coming together. Few other detail mods going to get done. Watch this space.... Its going to be great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now with new wheels.... What do you think? 19 x 8.5 ET45 with 235-35-19's Vredesteins

Last edited:
Well they should be with you tomorrow i'm guessing. These look spot on in my book. Bumpers bought off ebay, side skirts from Audi and suspension off awesome. Mix that all up with my painter and custom mods along with roof wrap and it should be one cool tow car :hubbahubba:

that offset seem's a bit much? do you get any rubbing?

Should I be getting any rubbing? To be honest no I dont at the moment although it is not yet lowered. Then will have to see what its like with the trailer on the back.... Hopefully be ok, if I need to mod under the arches then so be it.

Bit of an update guys......

This week has been a bit up and down to be honest but here we go. Decided to hold off on the Awesome remap for the time being but went in for the H&R springs.

trafford2012091201557.jpg

Been on buying spree with bumpers and to be honest got a little let down with firstly the colour and then the condition. So got them over to my bodyshop and set about dimantling them and then correcting any damage / marks flatted back, primed and ready for paint...

hambleton2012091301563.jpg

hambleton2012091301562.jpg

Side skirts turned up from Audi.... looked at the ones on ebay but thought I would go for the real deal. Got all excited about seeing it done only to find they have sent me two RH sides! Next not due till the 21st so have to hold on that for the time being :wtf:

hambleton2012091301559.jpg

Decided to custon do the mirrors black and also the lower grey centre to the front bumper and rear diffuser. I think it looks great..

hambleton2012091401572.jpg

Took the side s-line badges off while I was there along with all the badges off the back while I wait for all my new ones to arrive. More pics to follow later :arco:

hambleton2012091401574.jpg

New number plates arrived today too ..... pics before and after later.

hambleton2012091301561.jpg

A few extra pics now that im home.....

hambleton2012091401587.jpg

hambleton2012091401585.jpg

hambleton2012091401583.jpg

hambleton2012091401584.jpg

Roof wrap booked in for this week......

No rubbing issues at all. Tow bar will go on next week.

I like everything you've done (with the exception of badging a smoker as an S3)! Looks really fresh.

I've seen too many cars lately wearing 'false badging', I just don't get it!

To be honest the 3 bit is coming off the front and I have a new black s3 badge that im taking the "3" bit off the back.....

So front and rear will just show S bit.

really like what you have done. i also have put the front rings in white and was thinking about the mirrors to be put in black.
like warren say's i'd remove the S3 badge and replace it with a S Line (you can get them in black), this what i have done
rings1.jpg

other than that your car looks :wub:

Last edited:
Going to leave the "S" and take away the three.... getting a custom "black edition" badge and was thinking of a custom "SD" badge...

Update.....

Side skirts arrived today :thumbsup:lucky there to be honest. Dropped them off at the body shop so there going on tomorrow all being well. Looking forward to seeing the job done and stickers back on too. Will get some pics on tomorrow

Side skirts now fitted........

Looks pretty good to me, very happy :yum:

hambleton2012091901603.jpg

img2012092001608.jpg

Reactions: A3_Adam
Nice Motor there mate :wub: the drop you got from the spring looks spot on

Really like what you have done so far, only thing I can't quite get on with is the wheels, they look a tad blingy to me!

Personal choice would have been 19 inch Audi rotor alloys.

Looks nice, but the wheels make it look, well not good, certainly need something a bit better IMHO.

I have RS4 buckets for sale if interested :)

Reactions: RedDejavu
Mmmmm to be honest the wheels look great when its all clean. Blackberry pic's so not the best....

Some good work done on it in a short space. Will take opinion on the wheels in time to come but for now its rocking. Will get a fully cleaned and bright pic up hopefully for the weekend. Next mod is tow bar in prep for my Lupo to arrive :rock:

S3 rear valance doesnt have the ability for the towbar flap for removable, I did a mod of cutting a flap out & making it detachable for when towbar in use, when not in use, slide the bar eklectrics up sideways & then reaffix the modded flap, didnt even notice it had a cutout, shame bumper been painted already but alas hindsight huh.

Mmmm well I'll just have to deal with it now I guess. The Lupo is going into the paint shop for the same colour change in a few weeks. Plan is to paint mirrors black too. Should be a nice tow setup for the VAG Trophy next year....

Liking your work buddy.

Random question, what did you do with the audi rings which came off the back? I'm looking for some :)

still got them if you want them pm me :thumbsup: more pics to come once a sunny day comes my way. On the rollers tomorrow for a remap at Ecotech performance in North Wales. Will do a little bit of a write up on it....