1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bitdi build thread

Buxton2901 Apr 22, 2018

1. James.c

James.c Active Member

I want to do this so badly! Did you leave the bumper in I take it looks so much sleeker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo and Buxton2901 like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

Yeah man just took the diffuser off and painted it in my garage.

5 torx screws underneath then you have to kind of unclip it from behind the rear bumper
    Deafo worth doing though.

Rear lights getting tinted next weekend

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

James.c likes this.
  4. Spiedhermonkey

Spiedhermonkey Active Member VCDS Map User

Looking good mate. All the other plastic on the cars are black as far as I can remember, so it makes sense for the diffuser to be as well. Maybe the roof rails are grey too - are they on your radar?

Buxton2901 likes this.
  5. Buxton2901

Roof rails are black aswell mate. Mine is a
    black edition.
    Don't know why they leave the diffuser a grey colour that doesn't appear anywhere else on the car.

Wheels are next. Just can't choose any.....

6. Spiedhermonkey

Spiedhermonkey Active Member VCDS Map User

I thought my roof rails were the same dark grey as the diffuser on mine & black editions generally.

Those wheels Wilky Way posted on his car were really nice. When I saw the wheels on his car, I thought about your post where you asked for opinions on wheels & was going to point them out to you.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  7. The_Golfather

The_Golfather Active Member Team Mythos Audi A6 Black Edition quattro

Love the detailed build thread. Tasteful mods very well executed. It looks superb mate!

I should be collecting a ‘17 BiTDi Avant BE in Mythos this week and have already shortlisted what’s needed to get it bang on.

A couple of questions if you can advise:

The rear plate - what size did you go to from 400mm that still covered the screw holes and recess?

The grille is a must! Which seller did you buy the grille from and what mods were required to get it on?

I presume the spacers are hub centric. I ordered a set of H&R ones from Netherlands for my Q7 that were bang on. Any suggestions?

That’s it for now.

Thanks

James.c likes this.
  8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Hi there, quick question, does your A6 have the foot operated auto tailgate? If so, anything you need to unplug to remove the rear diffuser?

Buxton2901 likes this.
  9. Buxton2901

Nah mate mine doesn't have that.
    Good question though as I guess the sensor for that is under the diffuser

10. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

No worries, thanks for the reply. I’m getting my rear bumper resprayed soon after 140k miles of abuse, and at least 2 incidents of people going into the back of me in traffic, and I fancy doing the diffuser in gloss black to match the rest of the car.

11. Buxton2901

Hi mate just noticed your post.

I originally went with a 400mm rear plate but have recently gone to 330mm which is the smallest I can legally have with my reg.

I ordered the grille from china but the first one was seized by customs. Second one from a different seller got through. Will try to find the details but the sellers change all the time to be honest.

The back of the rings which is part of the bumper needed to be trimmed down so that the grille sat flush but apart from that fitting is quite straightforward.

Ok running hubcentric spacers. 15mm rear 10mm front.
    Although im changing wheels soon to RS6 reps et35 so won't need the spacers anymore.

Thanks for the positive comments mate
    Appreciate it.

The_Golfather likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement