My Belated build thread

Like thisView attachment 203418wish I'd never looked this up!......got me wishing I'd just ploughed my money into one of these now......raw & brutal.....nothing like a heavy weight s3....not to everyone's liking but once you've been in one it's hard to not want a slice of a special Impreza:sorrow:

Yeah like that bud. There’s a scooby on eBay at the min I was eyeing up £28,000 very rare limited addition! Looks mental. Our cars will eventually go up in value eventually......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charge pipe & inlet manifold in that bronze with a gloss black rocker cover would look sweet

Yeah I like that idea.... just worried the AGN rocker cover would get lost though. Deffo food for thought

My mate and my brother had the classic wagons and my brother has the bug eye aswell they don’t half put a smile on your face just the interior let it down, I still Get the sti itch (pun intended) but I’d have to be quick other wise it would be a kid life crisis haha
Before I bought my s3 I seriously contemplated a classis sti Ra as I'd owned a classic & a bugeye.....classic wins hands down for outright enjoyment but I kinda wanted something different at the time & had always liked the 8L's.....I still get a hankering for a classic but without having a garage I can fit it into it'll just dissolve into the driveway & that would just be a waste & a shame......the s3 is showing rust now though lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153934627622

Here is the scooby..... if I wasn’t putting the money into my S3. I would snap this right up!

505/510 will make you pull some funny faces in a classic......right that's enough of the impreza stuff before I put my car up for sale & buy myself another money pit that I think is a good idea lol

Reactions: S3AMJ
I figure this will be the last time I throw money at a car haha.... So go all out and enjoy it

Just thought I'd have a look at then agn covers..is it the smooth one that your on about. If so would look good eith what you got going on

Just thought I'd have a look at then agn covers..is it the smooth one that your on about. If so would look good eith what you got going on

Yes mate, it’s the smooth rocker cover. Many have used them in the past. They are getting harder to come by these days. Managed to score one from Poland for £20!

Yes mate, it’s the smooth rocker cover. Many have used them in the past. They are getting harder to come by these days. Managed to score one from Poland for £20!

Bargain..never seen them before. This is why I enjoy reading threads from yourself and others learn alot.

Reactions: yoursixx
Bargain..never seen them before. This is why I enjoy reading threads from yourself and others learn alot.

This is what they look like dude. Much smoother and clean looking.

5d068b3e16b7c059a595d6e04e471efb.jpg

06b37a25a2d395c01740f03bd758ea16.jpg

8967d9e3f2c2fa36652dbd64117d1c00.jpg

I’ve seen these go for as much as £150?!

Also means I can tap in another outlet easier for extra breathing...

Reactions: Asim1 and hydro s3
That looks better than the original ones mate. You seem to pushing on fast with your plans for the big turbo build. Didn't take you long to get feed up with the k04 hybrid. That will be a good buy for someone now Bill has stopped doing the chinafold with his package and urs in ceramic coated aswell.

That looks better than the original ones mate. You seem to pushing on fast with your plans for the big turbo build. Didn't take you long to get feed up with the k04 hybrid. That will be a good buy for someone now Bill has stopped doing the chinafold with his package and urs in ceramic coated aswell.

Haha once I have something in my head I tend to just go and do it. Collecting parts bits at a time. Still miles away though mate. Not so much a case of fed up with the hybrid. It’s never missed a beat car still feels rapid. I want something that I’m going to be scared of, that sort of power that takes a long long time to get used to.

Once the cars in having the works done it’ll be up for sale for sure, a complete package as I’ll sell the injectors, etc with it. It’ll be a bargain for someone.

Reactions: hydro s3
Today I’ve been spraying up some stuff in the “correct” colour ****** heat wrap indented the paint, didn’t manage to get the dents all out but it’ll do for now.

46bbec8bfa09931adca65a1126aabc26.jpg

a9e4276f191f8f1dccf25d66f0fe162e.jpg

What do you think to my spray booth haha, not ideal.....

I’ll post a pic up of it all fitted later today once it’s dried.

The other things I’ve been doing is ripping out the old boot build and water methanol system, going for something far more cleaner and simple.
46d79be21480de25dca8f5e101158edb.jpg

e6a8193c1bfc124d86d7ed02f3ff1d41.jpg

I’ve run out of time today and needed to order some bits, but I’ll build a new means to raise the boot floor to cover everything. Something to do next weekend. The 3 Gallon tank houses the pump, etc. Much better than my previous “invention” ha.

Reactions: hydro s3, Asim1 and Tj 0785
Today I’ve been spraying up some stuff in the “correct” colour ****** heat wrap indented the paint, didn’t manage to get the dents all out but it’ll do for now.

46bbec8bfa09931adca65a1126aabc26.jpg

a9e4276f191f8f1dccf25d66f0fe162e.jpg

What do you think to my spray booth haha, not ideal.....

I’ll post a pic up of it all fitted later today once it’s dried.

The other things I’ve been doing is ripping out the old boot build and water methanol system, going for something far more cleaner and simple.
46d79be21480de25dca8f5e101158edb.jpg

e6a8193c1bfc124d86d7ed02f3ff1d41.jpg

I’ve run out of time today and needed to order some bits, but I’ll build a new means to raise the boot floor to cover everything. Something to do next weekend. The 3 Gallon tank houses the pump, etc. Much better than my previous “invention” ha.

Will you be putting a hole in the carpet around the filler cap or do you lift the carpet on refills

Not sure yet mate what I’ll do to be honest. Rather thank cutting up the original boot carpet cover thing, I think I’ll lift it up..... as for ridged cover underneath the carpet, might look at black Perspex. I don’t want to get to carried away with it at the moment as I intend to pull out the rear seats and drop in a half cage.

Well slowly getting there, fitted the pipework I painted..... I won’t be taking this up as a profession! That’s for sure.

f3eb309476a9322d5b1307f61bf56f04.jpg

a93bec96103cb7e99fe78bff90cf92e5.jpg

18ca8c8b8abb30c2ea3fa90c28c4238c.jpg

Tidied up the injector cabling as well with some conduit to protect them.

Reactions: hydro s3, danny_dj3 and Asim1
Looks mint mate!!

Thanks mate, getting there I know it’s mainly aesthetics. Itching to get the direct port injection all fitted and mapped in. Be interesting to see the results from it bringing the temps down more, few extra bhp I’d imagine. Glad to have a larger tank, was filling the AEM one every time I filled the car up with fuel.

Getting closer.... ;)
20160821-20160821_161955.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: danny_dj3, Asim1, Tj 0785 and 1 other person
Getting closer.... ;)
20160821-20160821_161955.jpg

<tuffty/>

I’m on the fence of having it like you had yours mate, I will probably end up keeping it OEMish..... then when the covers are off, race car mode haha......

My original engine cover is at my parents place, ****** lockdown.

Could be worse mate... could have a GT35 laying about waiting to be fitted LOL

<tuffty/>

Could be worse mate... could have a GT35 laying about waiting to be fitted LOL

<tuffty/>

Haha that sir..... is very true! But what a beast when it is really want to see how a 3.2 spools up a large frame turbo like that. What does a 3.2 generally redline at anyways?

Have you seen how much they go for the covers On eBay there are £100 ish for the water bottle cover and battery cover and that’s each not for both I don’t know who’s paying that for them
I’m on the fence of having it like you had yours mate, I will probably end up keeping it OEMish..... then when the covers are off, race car mode haha......

My original engine cover is at my parents place, ****** lockdown.

Have you seen how much they go for the covers On eBay there are £100 ish for the water bottle cover and battery cover and that’s each not for both I don’t know who’s paying that for them

I know it’s crazy isn’t it. Fortunately I have all of them, just not the engine cover to hand. The airboxes are cheap enough though. I hacked my old one beyond recognition, so bought a new one complete with a MAF sensor for £15 posted! might sell the MAF and get my money back.

Reactions: Tj 0785
Any idea what the name of the plastic bracket is that holds the clip between the injector and wires for the injector..mines snapped and need to replace asap. Pising me off now trying to find a part without knowing the name

Any idea what the name of the plastic bracket is that holds the clip between the injector and wires for the injector..mines snapped and need to replace asap. Pising me off now trying to find a part without knowing the name

I could have a look at the weekend for you mate and see if there’s a number on it. To be honest, I cut mine off and re-attached them in order to get then plugs the other side of the fuel rail.

Fair enough.. I only ask because how mines broken I dont want to take it back off because it was a headache to accidentally get it back in place. Just incase I dont need the part you removed I'm on about the part in between the fuel rail and engine just incase first post didn't make sense

Fair enough.. I only ask because how mines broken I dont want to take it back off because it was a headache to accidentally get it back in place. Just incase I dont need the part you removed I'm on about the part in between the fuel rail and engine just incase first post didn't make sense

Your on about the two plastic “holders” that keep the injectors firmer in position? Not the plastic cradle for the injector cables.

Your on about the two plastic “holders” that keep the injectors firmer in position? Not the plastic cradle for the injector cables.

Exactly found them now

ahh, lol no worries :) i was deep in 7zap hunting part numbers when that post went up heh heh

Reactions: Asim1
just sorta guessed it would be in the electrical side if stuff due to the cables that run thro it. not the most straight forward thing to find tho as i had no clue what it was called :)

Reactions: Asim1
just sorta guessed it would be in the electrical side if stuff due to the cables that run thro it. not the most straight forward thing to find tho as i had no clue what it was called :)
Appreciate the effort my bro

Reactions: danny_dj3

you buy a smooth cover then cover it up with an odd looking plastic cover?
:p am i missing something here Ash ? :p

Reactions: danny_dj3 and S3AMJ
you buy a smooth cover then cover it up with an odd looking plastic cover?
:p am i missing something here Ash ? :p

Haha no no, I will be doing away with the plastic cover mate once I’ve got the AGN rocker cover fitted should be getting it next Tuesday

Reactions: badger5
Small update with my boot setup.... finally got round to getting it all fitted and working again.

fbdbbf8dc779cf8994a72f2bb1874297.jpg

This was pretty much were we left off, I removed the welded nut for the spare wheel.

0d1e4104857f27a86cf49e8e38254bef.jpg

Replaced it with a piece of 5mm aluminium I had laying around, cut it, sprayed it up and siliconed it down.

a30fad6368603a821e35b8eaa58665bd.jpg

I then drilled and nut riveted some M8 nuts and bolted down my anchor points to strap my new 3 Gal water meth tank.

47a6bb5547ed2beda944c15f631e281a.jpg

Used some Armaflex lagging tape to cover over the cables and made a base for the tank to sit on.

d6c1d341c9504e618edfaa1257a9edee.jpg

68733b44fd61c32beb039da11e0c4071.jpg

Strapped the tank in and redone the wiring and pipe in conduit and cable tied together.

7e70d51d55c08d32a5a2231699c5a798.jpg

Then I made my new boot floor out of 15mm copper, very strong, very lightweight and very easy to remove if needed.

3f9ce9d0312518d73e53a5f8e6a6dbd7.jpeg

Sprayed it all in gloss black paint, I haven’t decided yet how I’m going to cover it, the original carpet is sat on it at the moment, I might get some 4mm shatterproof polycarbonate and screw it down with a lift able lid for the battery and tank.

Reactions: hydro s3, Asim1 and hawesy25