My Belated build thread

Ah nice. I'd like to entertain a DSG swap at some point (current pace suggests 2062) so need to track down details of the various ratios really. I have some limited info for the easy to find stuff like the RS3 box, some DQ250 codes, and obviously 02M bits, but haven't spent the time digging around yet.

277mph, are you sure that's going to be enough? At least you can cruise up the M5 doing 70 at idle!

Reactions: S3AMJ
Ah nice. I'd like to entertain a DSG swap at some point (current pace suggests 2062) so need to track down details of the various ratios really. I have some limited info for the easy to find stuff like the RS3 box, some DQ250 codes, and obviously 02M bits, but haven't spent the time digging around yet.

277mph, are you sure that's going to be enough? At least you can cruise up the M5 doing 70 at idle!
Yeah man! I’ve put in many the hour of checking and double checking ratios etc. won’t really tell until the gearbox is mapped hopefully in the next couple weeks then I can cross reference what I think it should be and what it actually is mph vs rpm and gearing.

Oh she deffo idles at 70mph now on the motorway! So so good and so much more quieter than my monster set 02M screaming at me at 3000rpm at 70mph

dropping the car off tomorrow at Badger5 buzzing to get the final bits done. Then obviously lots of logging and tweaking after that over this year.

Reactions: craigt1985, Rainbird and desertstorm
Got my car back yesterday from Badger5 after they mapped my gearbox and wow! Just wow…… completely transformed the car, I thought it was fast before! Now you really have to have your wits about you, although now not having to manually change gear other than using the paddles it has made the car much more less of a handful.

while it was at Badger5 I did treat myself to a very apt private plate for the car :)

10A013D2 8488 4221 8257 062E7898AE8B

She’s cleaned up well and while I know I said I would be getting it resprayed, this is something that’ll happen probably in the winter now as I just want to use and enjoy it.

heading down to doorslammers today with a couple mates to see what competition there is for maybe entering next year ;)

also set up a separate instagram page for the car where I’ll post most things, I’ll still post things on here from time to time.

@dsg_20vt - instagram

• Love
Reactions: killfame, hydro s3, craigt1985 and 4 others
Like the number plate very apt. A DSG remap makes such a great difference allowing you to use all the performance of the car. Been watching doorslammers on You Tube this morning. Great coverage but not the same as being there. Fireforce 3 is just on now. The noise that thing makes is epic, probably the loudest thing I have ever heard.

Reactions: S3AMJ
Like the number plate very apt. A DSG remap makes such a great difference allowing you to use all the performance of the car. Been watching doorslammers on You Tube this morning. Great coverage but not the same as being there. Fireforce 3 is just on now. The noise that thing makes is epic, probably the loudest thing I have ever heard.
Your not wrong there Karl, my ears are still ringing! Savage thing, the sort of sound you feel in your chest.
Some very fast cars there, if I can get mine into the 10’s I’ll be happy, a lot that was there was getting into the 9’s.

A lot of it is in the first 60ft. You will find with a DSG box that your times from 330ft to the quarter mile will be very similar as long as you are running the same map.
The really quick cars tend to run drag slicks , Have LSD's and are really stripped of weight. At those kind of events they prep the track and there is more grip than your standard RWYB event. Also I could see that there was a good 12-15mph breeze almost running down the track and this really helps fast times.
I would be surprised if you aren't in the 10's , I managed a 10.8 with a lot less power and torque than yours has.