my BAM S3 on its new shoes ( X5 wheels)

chapmanvr6

Reaction score
thought it was about time i got some pics up as a few people have requested, so here it is, had the roof bumper inserts and a few other bits painted to match the wheels and real pleased with it, any comments and suggestions for improvement welcome, cheers - ad

cimg2156t.jpg

By chapmans3 at 2011-02-25

cimg2155b.jpg

cimg2154n.jpg

cimg2153w.jpg

cimg2151c.jpg

Reactions: jaykay8L
Now they do look nice !
What size/ offset are they?
What adapters?
Sorry for all the questions , i was looking to fit the early x5 5 spokes but was unsure how doable it is.
No mods needed to archs?

They are the early snowflake type mate. 9x19 front 10x19 rear. 215 35 and 225 35 tires. H and R 20mm adapters. Final offsets 28 front...25 rear. Rather close to inner arch and sat bang on flush to outer arch. No catching with 3 up so all good.

looks lovely, really like it. :icon_thumright:

Was thinking about doing my grill surround/audi emblem in a darker colour, but wasnt sure how it would look on an avus silver car, but that does look nice... better start looking for some paint! :yes:

I think they look really good. The dark colour goes well with your S3. Any way you can lose the BMW centre caps though?

That looks awesome always had a soft spot for the 8L and thats a great looking example

Well yea thought about that. Think they 65mm caps so should be able fit some audi ones. If not will have some printed in carbon wrap or something. Toying with the idea of a carbon wrap bonnet too..?

I think a carbon bonnet may well suite the car mate,
The wheels are a real head turner

looks really nice mate, sugestions though id personally change wheel centre caps as bmw is no bentley so id rather have audi decals :) oh and wack it with the lowering stick will look even better then :) good job though me likey

And thanks for the comments guys. Cars really dirty so will get some more pics up when I've had a cleaning day. :)

Thanks Kev was waiting on your approval after all the mithering i did lol. Thinkin the same about lowering more but gonna wait till i uprate the anti roll bars and include that in my next list of mods.

Last edited:
Thanks Kev was waiting on your approval after all the mithering i did lol. Thinkin the same about lowering more but gonna wait till i uprate the tie bars and include that in my next list of mods.
you need to keep a bit of rear camber though for the 'stance' lol

Had it set to 2 degrees when i had it all setup the other week mate ;)

I was told quattro's didnt like staggered wheels?
Was i lied too? Lol

That looks sick mate, really nice and different.

What colour is the car? Also, have you got any pics of the exhaust?

It's Avus silver yeah?

Suggestion - aero wiper arms to go with the blades and yep carbon-fibre wheel badges instead of Bimmer. Maybe smoke-tint lamin-x for the headlights, or paint the inside of the headlights grey... i'm just typing as I think...

Looks great.

Already on the shopping list mate
Lamin-x
Carbon badges and bonnet wrap
Late mark4 wiper arms and blades
Leon cupra splitter

Keep the suggestions comin :)

Already on the shopping list mate
Lamin-x
Carbon badges and bonnet wrap
Late mark4 wiper arms and blades
Leon cupra splitter

Keep the suggestions comin :)

I like the wheels and full marks for being different, but im not sure on the colour.....it does not contrast enough for my liking.....
I think it would have been good in black.....but im old and nearly dead......lol

Also replying to others

-staggered wheel sizes are fine so long as you keep the rolling diameter near as damn it, with me running 215 and 225s theres 6mm difference. With the rears stretched slightly more than the front its probably less again.

-the colour is avus silver and the anthracite is a shade from the infamous boxer engined Japanese variety :)

-no pics of the exhaust at the mo it needs tucking up a little more. It's a 6x4 oval magnex cat back i got for a bargain 63 quid off ebay but gonna go for custom turbo back soon as funds allow.

Also replying to others

-staggered wheel sizes are fine so long as you keep the rolling diameter near as damn it, with me running 215 and 225s theres 6mm difference. With the rears stretched slightly more than the front its probably less again.

-the colour is avus silver and the anthracite is a shade from the infamous boxer engined Japanese variety :)

-no pics of the exhaust at the mo it needs tucking up a little more. It's a 6x4 oval magnex cat back i got for a bargain 63 quid off ebay but gonna go for custom turbo back soon as funds allow.

Well i was very close to going gloss black but i think the grey looks better on the wheels and i wanted something that was very subtle but added a moodier look which i think has worked. Few more touches to darken it up more yet like the headlights.

I think that looks stunning. Im not generally a fan of aftermarket, but they suit it sweet. I think its because they share a lot of similar design and lines to the 17" S3 avus and even more so with the 18" S4 avus alloys, like avus on steroids.

Anyway good lad, keep up the good work.

I like that!! looks realy good.

Only thing for me is it looks a bit funny with the rim sticking out so far from the tyre. But I guess not much you can do as the wheels are so wide, just keep away from curbs..

Could have gone for wider tires but may have had arch issues then.

Looks really nice. Just not a fan of mega stretch these days.

I didn't originally plan that much stretch but as i have plans to go lower i thought I'd play safe. Was 4 up last nite with the inlaws in the back with no catching so I'm pleased with that.