My av setup

afcjay

Reaction score
Just noticed the home cinema section so thought id post a pic of my av setup.Still got things to do to finish off but its getting there

avandebay002.jpg

Last edited:
Details are as follows

Panasonic TXP42X10,Panasonic DMP BD60, Yamaha RXV765 receiver,Yamaha YDS11 ipod dock,QED interconnects,Monitor Audio BR5,BRFX and BRLCR speakers,Wharfdale SW150 subwoofer,Marantz PM6003 amp,Marantz CD5004 cd player,Beresford TC-7220 network crossover,Harmony one remote,Tacima CS929 mains conditioner,Xbox 360

Hi there.

No,the system isnt bi amped

Mainly its just a case of chasing the cables in the wall and re decorating

Going to add a Rega RG1 turntable and Logitech squeezebox then may look into updating the receiver for a Denon AVR1912,speakers for B&W 684/685s and a bigger screen or projector when funds allow

lol when funds allow, im always dreaming of upgrading my system, i just dont use them enough to justify the cost, plus as i've got older i prefer having less box's. How have you hooked the reciever and amp up then? have you preout the reciever to the amp and then the floor standers to the amp?

I use the receiver for tv/blu ray/ipod/xbox/radio and in 5.1 and when i listen to my music in stereo using the marantz amp/cdp i just switch the front speakers over using the Beresford TC 7220 (speaker A/B) which the BR5 fronts are connected to from both the receiver and marantz amp.

I know what you mean about cost but ive built mine up slowly and when i upgrade anything i will just move the older items into the bedroom

As i like my music alot i was looking at music streaming options so i wouldnt need the amp and cdp but to be honest the sound quality of the steamers i had options of didnt match but may look into this in a few years time when the develop them a little more and they come down in price.TBH though you cant beat cd playback in my eyes

That wall is screaming out for a projector :laugh:

Lovely setup though, i wish mine was that tidy!!!

Projectors are very good idea, but bulbs dont last that well. Just get a big led screen and bluray, sorted.

lol,think it was the music channel