My Audi so far

Matt10160

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I've been a member on here for a while now and have never got round to making a build thread!

so here goes!

i bought the car 2 years ago bogo standard! 86,000 on the clock, ex audi fleet car fash etc etc cambelt+water pump done at 86,000
535378 10151524531439369 192453 n

sourced a set of RS4 reps (they werent great tbh!) but came with fairly decent tyres, and a 2" increase sprayed the BMW graphite grey
249162 10151658429369369 134833218 n

also you'll notice the Lamin-x and black bumper strips! this car has had a few looks lol

sadly i had a slight bump which ruined the original grill, thankfully the bumper was ok, managed to find an FK automotive grill for pennies, gave it a shot and i must say its not actually a bad grill
1017601 10151730281689369 902822893 n

3680 10151730281294369 921356250 n

found some audi A6 stainless s line exhaust tips to replace the grotty pointy down ones
Image 3

added the normal boot lip spoiler
941078 10151658429624369 1472064691 n

then a few months of quiet motoring passed, i got bored and bought some mercedes brabus reps, 9.5j fronts 10 on the rears, also grabbed a seat leon cupra r splitter
Image 5
Image 4

now after this happened life cropped its head up, i was forced to leave my home by an unfair landlord, so 8 months of saving, 1 wedding and 1 house bought i got back to the modding!

at 96,000 replaced both rear wheel bearings, did a full service and had to replace the brake switch after an intermittent cruise control problem!

Now, a few weeks ago I saw a set of genuine Audi calito's (18" 2piece BBS splits) with 4 good Bridgeston potenza's for a very good price! so they got bought!

Converted the sidelights and number plate lights to LED's
Image 1
IMG 1007

and the best bit! no errors!

Image 2

Also converted all the interior lights to LED's which i must say is much nicer, cant really get a good picture of this
IMG 1003
IMG 1004
IMG 1006

finally the mrs bought me a pattern DTM spoler which again, I cant really complain about quality! wrapped i 3d carbon fibre vinyl
IMG 1002

Wrapped the trim below the boot lid too!

and thats it for now! ordering some JOM coilover in february hopefully, other than that i dont have much more planned! sitting at 99,500 miles now and have had no problems (touch wood) in the 2 years of owning her!

Reactions: iucle
Very nice indeed, although i would have that spoiler colour coded. That personal choice aside good work mate :thumbs up:

Very simple tbh its possibly the easiest thing i did, footwells and doors are 501's, main 2 at the front are 42mm festoons and the 4 map lights are BA9s bulbs! Looks much better in person and much nicer than the standard yellow bulbs

Wouldn't have thought so for interior bud, got a link too them?

For interior lights, I know nothing about this stuff but heard it mentioned on other threads for led's to stop any errors. I found a link on Internet showing some of them with canbus built in for wiring harnesses with canbus. I have absolutely no idea what canbus is :jester:

Canbus compatable is basically a built in resistor, most of the time they're hopeless though!

None of the interior bulbs are canbus fyi

Seems to be pretty much right, the canbus system is basically the bulb out warning system on the car

Canbus compatable is basically a built in resistor, most of the time they're hopeless though!

None of the interior bulbs are canbus fyi
Ok makes things easier thanks.

Anyone know which make are best/reliable/brightness/white light rather than blue (regardless of cost)?

Well today was a hard day

But you dont want to hear about that so i'll just leave this here

Reactions: iucle, slepy and DrStrange
I wouldnt go as far as saying it doesnt look good... But yes it could do with the backs spacing out you're right

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Yeh i might go for 10mm and bring them to et32, wont be far off that then!

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Better photo of how it sits, i think the drop is somewhere between 45-55mm but i forgot to measure before i took the standard springs off, ride is harder but not really compromised, corners are much easier to take and not much body movement and braking/accelerating is much more responsive!

I must say first opinions are very good for these! I was expecting a broken back!

Took out the silver interior trims today and wrapped them in csrbon fibre, also wrapped the ashtray and gearstick surround!

Much better in my opinion and relatively easy! And for the purists... We cant all afford real carbon so its the next best thing!

3M 5D wrap, was very easy to use! Only part where the weeve doesnt follow is the ashtray lid, but ran out of wrap so made do!

Yesterday i changed the headlight bulbs from halogens to 6000k H.I.D Xenons and im quite impressed, nice whitey blue colour and very easy to fit,

Driving at night the difference is phenomenal... First time owning hid xenons and cant believe the difference!

Not much of an update really, normal day to day running, gave her a clean today and wrapped the rear valance in 3d carbon which i think finishes the back wuite nicely and keeps things simple!

Pics below

Image Image Image Image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
Reactions: slepy and Stanningtonglen
Replaced the missing engine cover badge, £17 for a plastic badge!!!

Before

After :)

Busy today, joey mod + clear corner

From this

To this

Reactions: slepy
Yesterday i changed the headlight bulbs from halogens to 6000k H.I.D Xenons and im quite impressed, nice whitey blue colour and very easy to fit, View attachment 56345View attachment 56346

Driving at night the difference is phenomenal... First time owning hid xenons and cant believe the difference!
Any info on where you bought them?
Looking to do the same.
:)

Just make sure you get canbus compatable ballasts and you'll be fine!

Yes thanks, did a bit of research.
I have a sidelight out so I've just ordered canbus free LEDS, need smaller hands with the hassle I just went through to get the old one out.

If that happens with mine I'm sending them back lol.
Not doing £15+ on side lights.