My Audi S6 Avant project blog

Enjoyed the read. thanks

Reactions: scottshere and pez81
Enjoyed reading as well, the car is a complete beast, those mirrors need to be black though! Would like to see some vids of it on YT :)

Reactions: pez81
Enjoyed reading as well, the car is a complete beast, those mirrors need to be black though! Would like to see some vids of it on YT :)
Yeah i hate the chrome thing too but they can't be wrapped easily so I'm considering new covers. Then it's complete other than dropping the height a bit. Thanks for the encouragement I will make that happen. Hopefully running another 1/4 soon. Really glad you enjoyed

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SJ43
Yeah i hate the chrome thing too but they can't be wrapped easily so I'm considering new covers.

Carbon covers maybe? Good read though looking forward to seeing more

Cheers dude. Nothing yet car runs solid. I think stage 2 with APR downpipes will give me Rs6 or faster equivalent. They do 11.0 dead in the 1/4 on race gas and 11.4 on pump. What car you got?

It dyno'd at 390hp as standard and feels pretty rapid already so not felt the need, yet! Remap gets about 425hp although another 100 or so of torque which does make it feel a lot quicker (know a few people that have done this already). Nagging concern about the 3yr warranty is the only thing holding me back really.

TX.

It dyno'd at 390hp as standard and feels pretty rapid already so not felt the need, yet! Remap gets about 425hp although another 100 or so of torque which does make it feel a lot quicker (know a few people that have done this already). Nagging concern about the 3yr warranty is the only thing holding me back really.

TX.
I understand that. I'm glad I did it my car was brand new. Any issues I'll flash it to stock any further issues just trade it in. But most cars are bulletproof as long as you don't push them too hard.

Haven't posted in a while but my car is almost up to 20,000 miles with virtually all with the stage 1 revo tune and other mods. I've fallen in love with it recently, I always thought it was a great car but we've bonded over many a winding country mile. The Michelin PS4 have made a MASSIVE different to its agility and handling. Any understeer which was minimal has all but gone I never notice it. The extra pops bangs and crackles from the exhaust keep me audibly entertained. But also I asked Revo for a DSG map, I love their ECU tune it's so useable but I thought the factory dsg map was lazy at times. Unfortunately revo said they weren't planning on writing one any time soon. So I had to look elsewhere. I now have my revo stage 1 which is still fantastic and another companies dsg. I won't say who yet but it's fantastic. Three weeks on and it feels like I'm making a ton more power and torque. The shifts are lightening fast too and silky smooth. No more clunky 2-1 I always hated that in the s4 too. This dsg map compliments the revo tune like to best friends. Revo you're really missing out but to be honest the dsg tune I have is so good I ain't complaining. If I had to guess I'd say another 50-60flbs and 50hp but again that's just a guess. I might dyno it but I'm having too much fun. The power is now relentless! I'd happily line thisBut against a stock rs6.

Reactions: Aly and RAF_S7
Sleeping beauty
82a281eb4f91d53e9862eaabd578d6f4.jpg

nice read, however can I ask how you calculate your 0-60 times ? My BiTdi has way more Torque , 925Nm from 2500 rpm and more HP, 453Hp and is lighter as its a saloon. launching from approx 4000rpm it does about 4 secs to 60. Im intreagued to know how you manage 3.2 seconds to 60 :)

cheers

It's an S6 and I have probably almost 560-600bhp now. I've timed my runs. Also been to the track. 0-100 under 8 seconds.

More power lol sorry but no chance. V8TT dude

but your post states 425hp stage 1 and 0-60in 3.2?? which was why i was asking.. even with your 560 i very much doubt your running a 3.2 second.. also where did the 550hp come from, last dyno says 484hp, a gearbox remap is never going to give you another 70 horse...

Last edited:
but your post states 425hp stage 1 and 0-60in 3.2?? which was why i was asking.. even with your 560 i very much doubt your running a 3.2 second..
425WHP not crank and it's making a lot more than that now at least 550bhp. I've timed properly under 3.5 many many times. 3.7 with a 1.9 60ft at the track. I've you drove it you'd know what I mean the launch is brutal it hurts

The 0-60 means nothing to me now anyway I couldn't care less. The midrange and pull from 60mph is hilarious.

425WHP not crank and it's making a lot more than that now at least 550bhp. I've timed properly under 3.5 many many times. 3.7 with a 1.9 60ft at the track. I've you drove it you'd know what I mean the launch is brutal it hurts

funny...

getting hurt launching an s6 with 484hp... funny

getting hurt launching an s6 with 484hp... funny
Oh you can go away. Why is there always some negative tool trolling on forums. Look i couldn't care less about you it's my thread jog on. 485hp what are you on? Take your diesel and pretend it's really fast and getting annoyed when others have faster cars. God you must be a riot.

Reactions: James.B8
also , think you better go re read your graph mate.. clearly states wheel power 412hp at the bottom which is probably about right at 480 flywheel....

Haha no idea what you're writing as you're blocked. Jog on bore I just see 'spoiler'. First tool I've met on here, good work!

I had to look. That was a dyno a year ago, new mods. Looks dullard you're quite pathetic. Why are you even on here. You'll do well on here. Last time I interact with you so don't bother.

lol.. i,ll fire my dyno graph up tmw for you... i aint trolling , just hate reading wrong info and was wondering how you got those figs...

You need to read what you write before throwing wheel horsepower values and 0-60 figs about..lol your write up does say apporx 539 "at the crank "
The car is now making:
539HP at the crank
and
548ft lbs

so how the heck that turned into 550 at the wheels is beyond me.. get your 0-60 checked properly then post it up.. nothing worse than false numbers and guessed/hoped for 0-60 times an dwild horsepower figures flung about.. yes you have auick car but dont over exagerate, im sure people are on here looking for help and facts, not dreams and stories :)
anyway no offence meant.. just keep it real next time.. :)

You need to read what you write before throwing wheel horsepower values and 0-60 figs about..lol your write up does say apporx 539 "at the crank "
The car is now making:
539HP at the crank
and
548ft lbs

so how the heck that turned into 550 at the wheels is beyond me.. get your 0-60 checked properly then post it up.. nothing worse than false numbers and guessed/hoped for 0-60 times an dwild horsepower figures flung about.. yes you have auick car but dont over exagerate, im sure people are on here looking for help and facts, not dreams and stories :)
anyway no offence meant.. just keep it real next time.. :)
Dude you are seriously sad trolling me. I never said 550whp and if I did it was a genuine mistake. Car making g over 450whp so please do yourself a favour get a hobby. So dull

Hey Tom,

I've hear there is a potential recall coming for the 4.0TT which requires the ECU to be flashed to update the firmware (Actually, lm not sure if it's a recall, or done during next service)

How easy will it be for you to return to stock on the ECU and DSG? Does it involve a visit to Revo? :racer:

Hey Tom,

I've hear there is a potential recall coming for the 4.0TT which requires the ECU to be flashed to update the firmware (Actually, lm not sure if it's a recall, or done during next service)

How easy will it be for you to return to stock on the ECU and DSG? Does it involve a visit to Revo? :racer:
Hey bud thanks for letting me know. Is it mandatory as some.of the RS guys said it's removed the pops and bangs on overrun. Unless I get a recall I'm ignoring. I get all my servicing done at my local tuning shop with genuine approved Audi parts. Flashing the dsg is easy I can do that myself but I have no local revo dealer now so it would be a 200 mile round trip. Then there's all my other mods so I might as well walk in the dealership with a TD1 t shirt and bend over lol. What's it for? Thanks again mate

Dude you are seriously sad trolling me. I never said 550whp and if I did it was a genuine mistake. Car making g over 450whp so please do yourself a favour get a hobby. So dull

Lol, I ain't trolling you.. your still not making 0-60 in 3.2 seconds with that power in a 2 ton bus.. no more comment.

Hey bud thanks for letting me know. Is it mandatory as some.of the RS guys said it's removed the pops and bangs on overrun. Unless I get a recall I'm ignoring. I get all my servicing done at my local tuning shop with genuine approved Audi parts. Flashing the dsg is easy I can do that myself but I have no local revo dealer now so it would be a 200 mile round trip. Then there's all my other mods so I might as well walk in the dealership with a TD1 t shirt and bend over lol. What's it for? Thanks again mate

Im not sure if its mandatory yet - the guys in Audizine have been chattering about it, including the European guys on there. Its a flash upgrade to the ECU taking it to v2 firmware, which they are saying wipes out any tune etc.

Ive not yet seen the detail behind the why yet.... Or if it will be compulsory.