My Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2010

Dont Forge do discharge/ throttle pipe kits for S3? I recently bought the kit for Mk6 Golf around £180.. Made a noticeable difference and thats before ive even fitted K04. :)

517c39906875312fc7a45992a24f6bbb.jpg

845cc875b9e71da52a839bfac61f6bf9.jpg

bd38910f2ec67c111d9e0b29a664dda7.jpg

That's the discharge pipe, they are talking from the turbo. This looks t
Like the k04 on the s3. The s3 throttle pipe looks like the same construction as your discharge pipe but cts do offer an upgrade on that.

Reactions: grchmason
I think Im confusing myself here. First of all, the "discharge" pipe and the "throttle" pipe are they the same or different? I have the revo throttle pipe which replaced the pancake pipe in the middle front of the engine. But looking at that pic you posted, the "discharge" pipe seems to be a different pipe altogether?

Edit: figured it out lol. Where did you buy the bits mate?

Edit 2: Gonna throw a wanted post up in the offchance someone is selling a discharge pipe lol

Hi Mate

I got it off Dougie on hear its from his TTE 420 Turbo as he already had one so bought his :)

Try a wanted post deffo or try Simon at TTE Trev

Reactions: s3_trev
Thanks guys.

The discharge pipe goes turbo to intercooler, the throttle pipe goes intercooler to inlet manifold. I've read the throttle pipe isn't the greatest mod? How's yours perform?

Yeah cheers dude I eventually figured it out lol. Turns out the discharge pipe is the one commonly known as the pancake pipe not the throttle pipe, although both of them look like pancakes to me!

Yeah well funny storey because I got mine second hand and it came with rub damage due to the previous owner not taking time to ensure that it wasnt rubbing against anything! There isnt a lot of room in there to be fair, as you have the rad fans on the other side. Me and my bro spent a bit of time and mine is now not rubbing anything, even during starting, when the engine gets the biggest jolt.
Performance wise I honestly couldnt tell you! I didnt measure before and after so I admit that I dont know. However it must be letting more air through which can only be a good thing right? I do think the exhaust note is more throaty though.

Quite looking forward now to get the discharge pipe and muffler delete!

I'm sure these things make a difference,but obviously the difference is bigger as power levels increase with each remap.

I got by with the standard piece of plastic until Stg3,so I really couldn't say how much extra would be down to the larger diameter steel pipes,with smoother curves(!) but the stock pipe is kind of poor.

Great thread mate, I'm looking at getting an s3 sportback myself and was looking at either white or blue, but after reading this think I'm definitely going to get a blue one!!! Also glad to see I'm not the only one with a detailing / ocd bug lol

Thanks guys.

Yeah cheers dude I eventually figured it out lol. Turns out the discharge pipe is the one commonly known as the pancake pipe not the throttle pipe, although both of them look like pancakes to me!

Yeah well funny storey because I got mine second hand and it came with rub damage due to the previous owner not taking time to ensure that it wasnt rubbing against anything! There isnt a lot of room in there to be fair, as you have the rad fans on the other side. Me and my bro spent a bit of time and mine is now not rubbing anything, even during starting, when the engine gets the biggest jolt.
Performance wise I honestly couldnt tell you! I didnt measure before and after so I admit that I dont know. However it must be letting more air through which can only be a good thing right? I do think the exhaust note is more throaty though.

Quite looking forward now to get the discharge pipe and muffler delete!

One thing I learnt today is more air is good but not if the fueling is not I. The right ratio. You do not want the engine running lean I was told it could hole a piston, so I would recommend a tuner check your stats and maybe tweak map for each increase in air volume

One thing I learnt today is more air is good but not if the fueling is not I. The right ratio. You do not want the engine running lean I was told it could hole a piston, so I would recommend a tuner check your stats and maybe tweak map for each increase in air volume

The car's sensors(knock and lambda) should pick this up,but being careful is the right way.
I have to say that changing the intercooler,plus pipework made no difference to these on my car back then,but pushing a small turbo hard will result in raised EGTs anyway.

The car's sensors(knock and lambda) should pick this up,but being careful is the right way.
I have to say that changing the intercooler,plus pipework made no difference to these on my car back then,but pushing a small turbo hard will result in raised EGTs anyway.

EGTs??

Hmmm interesting.

The problem is, stage 2+ is stage 2+! So really what am I supposed to do, unless go for a totally custom map? Really the only flexability I have is to adjust B,T and F and my dealer already has me running fueling of 4 which sounds quite liberal as it is. This is the setting that he gave me after logging it when he put the stage 2+ software on it. Just on that note - thats something I would really like to get into, the whole VCDS logging thing, just to see for myself what the car is doing.

Great thread mate, I'm looking at getting an s3 sportback myself and was looking at either white or blue, but after reading this think I'm definitely going to get a blue one!!! Also glad to see I'm not the only one with a detailing / ocd bug lol

Thank you!!

Great to hear your soon be with a S3 i'm positive your love it :) ........ For me Sprint Blue was my only choice hence waiting so so long for the right car, But really either colour you decide your love it mate and I look forward to hopefully seeing your build thread soon

Regards